stag

What evidence is good for I-751?

49 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, stag said:

Currently we have : joint bank account, joint credit card together, I can set my wife as beneficiary for my insurances if that helps, my wife is dependent in my health insurance, our taxes will be joint of course, but certain things that I acquired before marriage like the house mortgage or electricty bill is in my name. We do have driver licenses at same address of course, but since my wife doesn't drive, car insurance is just in my name. Just thinking what else will be needed to be co-mingled. 

I think this is good. Do you have a family plan for your phone service? If you can somehow demostrate it, maybe it's worth including.

Did you pay for any services for your wife? E.g. medical bills showing her name as a patient and your name / billing address as a payer. Or presents that you got her from some online stores. Or she used your card to pay for something. Essentially, any combination of her paying for you or vice versa. My wife sometimes buys tickets to events, listing both our names.

Edited by OldUser

Just now, iwannaplay54 said:

You have me flagging you LOL

In a “normal” household she should already be insured to drive, she should already be your life insurance beneficiary.  It is not unusual for mortgage and deed to be in one or the other’s name, nor is it unusual for utilities to be the same.  Dependent on health/dental etc is a given. Just reading you the flags dude.

I didn't add her to car insurance because she doesn't drive at all and didn't think it made sense to pay much higher to have her added, though I can add her if it will be an issue. I can easily change the life insurance beneficiary. 

Removal of Conditions (I-751)
2/17/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/20/24: I-751 packet delivered

2/22/24: Receipt Number available on USCIS Portal

2/27/24: Extension Letter Available Online, Biometric Re-use letter, "Case is being actively reviewed"

Just now, OldUser said:

I think this is good. Do you have a family plan for your phone service? If you can somehow demostrate it,.maybe worth including.

Did you pay for any services for your wife? E.g. medical bills showing her name as a patient and your name / billing address as a payer. Or presents that you got her from some online stores. Or she used your card to pay for something. Essentially, any combination of her paying for you or vice versa. My wife sometimes buys tickets to events, listing both our names.

Yes we have our phone bill together. Yes we have medical bills together, and the same card we buy many things together (she has her own card, same number). We also have tickets together to events, trips, hotels, and so forth. 

2/27/24: Extension Letter Available Online, Biometric Re-use letter, "Case is being actively reviewed"

3 minutes ago, stag said:

I didn't add her to car insurance because she doesn't drive at all and didn't think it made sense to pay much higher to have her added

You think an IO is not going to wonder about that if you submit matching drivers licenses without matching the insurance policy?  At an AOS interview one time the IO compared our house keys and copied our matching CC cards for his file.  They reference and cross reference everything.

Edited by iwannaplay54

Just now, stag said:

Yes we have our phone bill together. Yes we have medical bills together, and the same card we buy many things together (she has her own card, same number). We also have tickets together to events, trips, hotels, and so forth. 

That's good. Don't add her to car insurance if she doesn't plan driving - waste of money.

But 401k beneficiary, life insurance for sure.

4 minutes ago, iwannaplay54 said:

You think an IO is not going to wonder about that if you submit matching drivers licenses without matching the insurance policy?  At an AOS interview one time the IO compared our house keys and copied our matching CC cards for his file.  They reference and cross reference everything.

What's your point? Not everybody who passed the test and got DL drives. Not an issue at all in my opinion. Even if they had two different policies with same billing address - not an issue. There are financial or other reasons why people prefer doing things one way or the other.

38 minutes ago, OldUser said:

What's your point? Not everybody who passed the test and got DL drives. Not an issue at all in my opinion. Even if they had two different policies with same billing address - not an issue. There are financial or other reasons why people prefer doing things one way or the other.

Dude asked.  We been in a lot of interviews.  It’s one opinion.  Otherwise my point was very clear.

Edited by iwannaplay54

1 hour ago, iwannaplay54 said:

My wife had a bad experience with driving and doesn't want to drive anymore. Why should I pay extra for insurance? I don't think it's an unreasonable situation. 

1 hour ago, OldUser said:

That's good. Don't add her to car insurance if she doesn't plan driving - waste of money.

But 401k beneficiary, life insurance for sure.

Got it, I forgot there was a 401K beneficiary option, I'll make sure to set that, thanks. 

Just now, stag said:

My wife had a bad experience with driving and doesn't want to drive anymore. Why should I pay extra for insurance? I don't think it's an unreasonable situation. 

I wouldn't worry about it. Driving is not mandatory. If you end up going to the interview, I'm sure she can explain.

@stag you can also include samples of annotated photos showing you and your wife with family and friends. Place 2-3 photos per page. Also you can ask for sworn affidavits from friends and people who know you as a couple. These two are generally weaker pieces of evidence, but it doesn't hurt to include them.

4 minutes ago, stag said:

Got it, I forgot there was a 401K beneficiary option, I'll make sure to set that, thanks. 

Same reason we paid for car insurance for (4) years (while I was working in the mideast) for cars we weren’t driving and kept cell phones accounts in the US to show unbroken ties to the US

Same reason I enrolled my wife in health insurance in summer of 2007 when the “married” window opened, even though she didnt arrive until the following year. 

It’s up to you.  I sent the list over, do what you wish with it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, stag said:

I didn't add her to car insurance because she doesn't drive at all and didn't think it made sense to pay much higher to have her added, though I can add her if it will be an issue. I can easily change the life insurance beneficiary. 

Sometimes, the rate is lower with a spouse on the policy.  Our I-751 interview officer wanted to see out car insurance card since my wife has a driver's license..... 

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

3 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Sometimes, the rate is lower with a spouse on the policy.  Our I-751 interview officer wanted to see out car insurance card since my wife has a driver's license..... 

Oh we’ve had it matched up more than once CC

7 minutes ago, OldUser said:

@stag you can also include samples of annotated photos showing you and your wife with family and friends. Place 2-3 photos per page. Also you can ask for sworn affidavits from friends and people who know you as a couple. These two are generally weaker pieces of evidence, but it doesn't hurt to include them.

Yeah we have many photos like that with my family and such that's not an issue. 

1 minute ago, Crazy Cat said:

Sometimes, the rate is lower with a spouse on the policy.  

Agreed, it's worth checking, but likely the premium is higher if she's a new driver. If money isn't a problem, and OP thinks she may take the car one or twice a month to go do grocery run or attend yoga session or whatever - why not? Otherwise other good evidence may suffice. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.