J&D1008

DECEMBER 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

128 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

FYI

12/08/2022: NOA2

12/14/2022: Sent an inquiry on NVC website to update our email addresses.

12/16/2022: askNVC replied that they hadn't received our file yet.

01/04/2023: Sent an inquiry through NVC research to ask about our case's status.

01/05/2023: NVCResearch replied that our file had been recently received and was waiting data entry to their system.

No communications in addition to this. I expect a progress between late Feb to early March.

I have been getting immunization records for the beneficiary, packet 3 documents (according to the most recent one from Seoul Embassy), and I-134 asset and income documents for both petitioner and beneficiary. 

I am the beneficiary, a South Korean national and my Embassy is Seoul Embassy.

Hi All,

Was wondering if any of you December 2022 NOA2 approvals have send an inquiry to NVC yet through the NVC website or the NVC research email and what kind of responses you got so far.  I send an inquiry through the NVC website and got a response early this week saying they have not received the petition yet from USCIS. It has been about 7 weeks now since I got the NOA2 so its kind of strange that its taking them this long to mail paperwork from California to the NVC location, at this point it seems to be another never ending waiting game. I did send an email to NVC research and am currently waiting for their response. Just curious to know what others are seeing as far as email correspondence from NVC

Thanks

1 hour ago, LA1234 said:

Hi All,

Was wondering if any of you December 2022 NOA2 approvals have send an inquiry to NVC yet through the NVC website or the NVC research email and what kind of responses you got so far.  I send an inquiry through the NVC website and got a response early this week saying they have not received the petition yet from USCIS. It has been about 7 weeks now since I got the NOA2 so its kind of strange that its taking them this long to mail paperwork from California to the NVC location, at this point it seems to be another never ending waiting game. I did send an email to NVC research and am currently waiting for their response. Just curious to know what others are seeing as far as email correspondence from NVC

Thanks

I received my approved NOA1 Oct 15 2022. I emailed the NVC last week and asked what is my case status and they emailed me back yesterday and said. "The National Visa Center (NVC) has received your petition and will send detailed instructions to the petitioner, principal applicant, and attorney of record (if applicable) soon." It would be great if they gave more detailed information. Has anyone else received this type of email and how long did it take before you received your NOA2?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, LA1234 said:

Hi All,

Thanks

There are basically three emails you get from the NVC:

Email 1:

Thank you for your inquiry. Our records do not show that we received your petition.

It can take up to six weeks for an approved petition from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to arrive at the National Visa Center (NVC). Once we receive it, we will enter your petition into the U.S. Department of State's database systems.

Email 2:
The National Visa Center (NVC) recently received your immigrant visa petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Your petition is now waiting for data entry into our systems.

Email 3:
The correspondence attached to this email relates to the I-129F visa petition listed in the subject line.  Please read the information in the attachment carefully and follow the instructions.

After NOA2, it takes the USCIS approximately 45 days for the case to be received by the NVC and you will start to get email #2. After about another 45 days, the NVC will process your case and you will receive email #3 with an attachment that has the important info in it.

What I did was basically email both the AskNVC and ResearchNVC for my case number, regularly. Once I received a response, I sent another email, so I was able to track loosely, when my responses changed from response 1 to response 2, that my case was finally received by the NVC. Once you know the exact date your case was received by the NVC, you can predict when your case will be processed and sent along to your embassy, using the timeframes on their website. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Romelus21 said:

I received my approved NOA1 Oct 15 2022. I emailed the NVC last week and asked what is my case status and they emailed me back yesterday and said. "The National Visa Center (NVC) has received your petition and will send detailed instructions to the petitioner, principal applicant, and attorney of record (if applicable) soon." It would be great if they gave more detailed information. Has anyone else received this type of email and how long did it take before you received your NOA2?

Yup it's the same boiler plate email they send to everyone. See my above response for more details, but it's taking approximately 90-100 days or so, from NOA2, to your case being sent to the embassy. (it took me 98 days)

26 minutes ago, Cheddy said:

Yup it's the same boiler plate email they send to everyone. See my above response for more details, but it's taking approximately 90-100 days or so, from NOA2, to your case being sent to the embassy. (it took me 98 days)

That's freaking ridiculous. I'm so sick of this mess. What embassy did yours go to?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Romelus21 said:

That's freaking ridiculous. I'm so sick of this mess. What embassy did yours go to?

Yeah I know it's terrible. It's possible my process was so slow because it happened during the holidays when all government offices were closed for a number of days. Also you can get lucky if the USCIS sends your case quicker, or if your case gets approved close to one of the days that they ship to the NVC. I saw people who got their NOA2 after mine, have their cases received, days or even weeks earlier by the NVC. It could be faster than what I quoted, but in general, for everyone right now, its about 3 months. :(

The good news is once it's through the NVC it should be very quick.

It only takes 5-6 days for it to get to your embassy (that's because DHL handles the shipping and not a government agency lol). My fiancé is Russian, since the Moscow embassy is basically closed, all Russian cases get sent to Warsaw, Poland. This embassy thankfully has a bunch of open days on the schedule, I scheduled our interview a bit farther out for mid-February to give us time to get my fiancé a EU visa.

3 minutes ago, Cheddy said:

Yeah I know it's terrible. It's possible my process was so slow because it happened during the holidays when all government offices were closed for a number of days. Also you can get lucky if the USCIS sends your case quicker, or if your case gets approved close to one of the days that they ship to the NVC. I saw people who got their NOA2 after mine, have their cases received, days or even weeks earlier by the NVC. It could be faster than what I quoted, but in general, for everyone right now, its about 3 months. :(

The good news is once it's through the NVC it should be very quick.

It only takes 5-6 days for it to get to your embassy (that's because DHL handles the shipping and not a government agency lol). My fiancé is Russian, since the Moscow embassy is basically closed, all Russian cases get sent to Warsaw, Poland. This embassy thankfully has a bunch of open days on the schedule, I scheduled our interview a bit farther out for mid-February to give us time to get my fiancé a EU visa.

I watched one guy on YouTube get his Noa2 and his visa in ready status within 3 days. I have never it happen that fast.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My NOA2 is December 1st. I sent an inquiry recently and received the "We have your case, just sit tight" email. I guess I'll send another one in the beginning of March. I'm hoping for an interview before April.

The National Visa Center (NVC) recently received your immigrant visa petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Your petition is now waiting for data entry into our systems.

Since your case is not in our systems yet, we cannot make updates.

As soon as your case is in our systems, we will send a Welcome Letter and instructions. Then, if you still need help updating your case, you can contact us by using one of the methods listed on https://nvc.state.gov/ask.

For current processing times, please visit our website: https://nvc.state.gov/timeframes for English or https://nvc.state.gov/plazos for Spanish. If your petition was approved before the dates NVC is working on, please resubmit your inquiry.

You can also begin to familiarize yourself with the documents NVC will request at that site.

On 1/20/2023 at 4:56 AM, biscoito1r said:

My NOA2 is December 1st. I sent an inquiry recently and received the "We have your case, just sit tight" email. I guess I'll send another one in the beginning of March. I'm hoping for an interview before April.

Did you receive that email from NVCresearch or from the NVC website Public Inquiry Form. I inquired through the website Public Inquiry Form and they emailed me saying they haven't received my petition yet from USCIS, than next day I get an email from NVCresearch which is verbatim to what you got stating that they have received my petition from USCIS and are processing it. Not sure what to believe now.

On 1/24/2023 at 12:04 AM, ezk said:

We got an email from NVC. But it’s weird. I guess either we did something wrong or there’s some error in the system. 

18EA6C06-F338-4B51-84A6-53FC974E33A1.jpeg

Hello everyone! 
I sent another inquiry afterwards and received an email today from nvc. Apparently they got our case . I hope latest end of February we can get the case number. 

6EC4955D-09FB-48D8-B80F-85312E8EA1E3.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.