dadadada

I485 Approved, Green Card created and delivered to wrong address despite address change

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey everyone.

My wife's i485 was recently approved and the green card was created and delivered. BUT we had an issue which is from what I understand to be common. We moved to a new address, used the change address function online, and the green card was still delivered to the old address.

Since the USCIS system says it was delivered and not returned, I understand we need to file a form i90 for a replacement card. There is an associated filing fee that we would like to avoid paying if possible since we did the change address as instructed within 10 days of changing address.

I've read in the past that people have been able to get the filing fee waived despite this situation not being specifically listed as eligible for a few waiver. Is that true? Can we file the i90 without including the fee but with evidence showing that we changed address appropriately?

what is the latest information on USPS? does it say returned to USCIS or not?

if yes, u can reach out to ur local congressperson to ask for help. it happened to me in 2020 for my EAD, similar situation but it actually said returned to USCIS.

ask my local congressperson and it all sort out in a week.

do you still live in the same city? try to go to ur old place and perhaps ask the current tenant?

if u live far away, maybe u can ask your friend or family to visit the old place? worth to try. 

i will try that method first before filing for i90. and u can always try to file i90 without the fee but it's highly unlikely they will waived the fee.

attached brief explanation that u already submitted address change ( dated before i-485 got approved) and the proof of AR11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.