ImmigrantKrish

N-400 filers from Phoenix or from AZ..

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Applied for spouse (Home maker) after 9 years on GC (EB-2). Here is the timeline and hers is a simple case with no job and no criminal/citation history. Only took 90 days to get naturalized and exactly 7 weeks to get Interview notice generated.

Applied - Aug 16th, 2022

Notice generated and Bio reuse - Aug 16th, 2022

Interview notice generated - Oct 7th, 2022.

Interview - Nov 9th, 2022

Oath - Nov 14 2022.

Applied mine

------------------------

Applied - Oct 09th, 2022

Notice generated and Bio reuse - Oct 09th, 2022

Not like my wifes, mine is taking some time and hoping to see an interview letter generated by years end, hopefully.

Congrats to your wife . . . Things do slow down around the holidays so I wouldn't worry too much until January.  Now if you had just applied with your wife. . .

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
1 minute ago, Paul & Mary said:

Congrats to your wife . . . Things do slow down around the holidays so I wouldn't worry too much until January.  Now if you had just applied with your wife. . .

I hear ya about holidays and I know how we all chill around this time of the year. 

I had filled my form first and did not submit as I had a ticket from 2003 in CA. Wanted to get details and couldnt as it was so old.. so just applied in Oct.

Applied for spouse right away and she got it, and worse, she was in India and I had to pay for another one way ticket to bring her in time to get things done. Didnt want to chance it with USCIS.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Still no peep from FO regarding the interview.

I should have applied when I applied for wife, she is almost getting her passport and I am still waiting for Interview letter.

Anyone else from Phx or AZ applied for N-400 and waiting for interview or oath?

Timeline

On Dec 20th around 3pm USCIS generated the interview letter scheduled for Jan 24th.

applied on Oct 12th EB 5+ years…

Timeline
7 minutes ago, wifeyAF said:

@ImmigrantKrish kindly please share your timeline

I have been on GC since 2013, EB category.

Spouse applied for GC on Aug 17th (+5 years of GC) , Phoenix FO and got her naturalization done under 3 months, in Nov.

I applied in Oct and interview scheduled for Jan 24th, GC on EB, 5yrs + category.

Edited by ImmigrantKrish

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Just finished my interview and got the oath letter for Feb 3rd at US District Court and officer told me that everyone is welcome while to watch.

Started with taking oath to tell the truth, then

6 questions -

what do we show the loyalty to when we say pledge of allegiance,

what was one thing Abraham Lincoln do,

Name one war fought in 1900

name 3 original colonies

how many senators, 

Name one longest river, 

Read:Washington DC is our capital

Write:Washington was the first president.

Then Yes/No questions.. and then are you willing to questions with yes/no.

took 15 mins, then I asked if I passed, he said everything on his side is good, waiting for the supervisor to approve. Took me to the lobby and told me to wait until he gets me. 10 mins later, he came out and handed me I-652 and said the oath ceremony will be at the court house and wait to get the letter before leaving the lobby. Congratulated me and then waited 30 mins to get the letter in hand.

right after the interview, when I was in the lobby, the online status changed to approved, then later to oath ceremony will be mailed out, and then oath ceremony mailed and saw the date/time 20 mins before I got the official letter.

Another chapter is coming to close, and Phx FO is processing the N-400 within 3-4 months if the cases are standalone.

Timeline
44 minutes ago, ImmigrantKrish said:

Just finished my interview and got the oath letter for Feb 3rd at US District Court and officer told me that everyone is welcome while to watch.

Started with taking oath to tell the truth, then

6 questions -

what do we show the loyalty to when we say pledge of allegiance,

what was one thing Abraham Lincoln do,

Name one war fought in 1900

name 3 original colonies

how many senators, 

Name one longest river, 

Read:Washington DC is our capital

Write:Washington was the first president.

Then Yes/No questions.. and then are you willing to questions with yes/no.

took 15 mins, then I asked if I passed, he said everything on his side is good, waiting for the supervisor to approve. Took me to the lobby and told me to wait until he gets me. 10 mins later, he came out and handed me I-652 and said the oath ceremony will be at the court house and wait to get the letter before leaving the lobby. Congratulated me and then waited 30 mins to get the letter in hand.

right after the interview, when I was in the lobby, the online status changed to approved, then later to oath ceremony will be mailed out, and then oath ceremony mailed and saw the date/time 20 mins before I got the official letter.

Another chapter is coming to close, and Phx FO is processing the N-400 within 3-4 months if the cases are standalone.

Congrats @ImmigrantKrish! 

Congratulations! 

May 25, 2004: Got married in Denmark
June 8, 2004: Received passport with new last name
June 11, 2004: Went to the U.S. embassy in Denmark to file the I-130 and DS-230 - approved on the spot
June 18, 2004: Received letter of appointment plus packet 4
August 5, 2004: Interview at U.S. embassy - APPROVED!!!
August 19, 2004: Went back to the U.S. with my husband
May 27, 2006: Filed I-751
July 25, 2006: I-751 approved!

March 13, 2016: Filed I-90 for Permanent Resident Card renewal

March 22, 2016: Received letter of appointment for biometrics appointment

April 8, 2016: Biometrics appointment

September 21, 2016: I-90 approved

December 27, 2022: Filed N400 for US citizenship

December 27, 2022: Biometrics reused

February 2, 2023: Interview notice received

March 10, 2023: N400 approved 

March 10, 2023: Oath ceremony notice provided right after interview 

March 24: Oath ceremony 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
19 hours ago, ImmigrantKrish said:

Just finished my interview and got the oath letter for Feb 3rd at US District Court and officer told me that everyone is welcome while to watch

Congrats!

Given the inclusivity of the thread title I’ll chime in: 

One of the reasons we picked Arizona to move to was that the two main field offices were known for fast processing. If anything that was more true than we could have dreamed. 

My wife has her interview in Tucson on January 31. This is 4 days after her 3 year anniversary of her approval date as an LPR.   If we had filed 90 days before her 3 year anniversary of her “resident since date”, given professing times here, I think she would have been interviewed too soon and case denied (knowing that we would have rescheduled).  

We are hoping she takes oath next week (Tucson doesn’t do same day, but they seem to do same week oath) so that we can do a trip to Europe before ETIAS is required in November.  

Edited by Mike E

• 2 months later...

any new Phoenix filers? Please share your timeline

2/13/23 Mailed application to USCIS

2/15/23 USCIS Received Application 

2/25/23 USCIS Scheduled for bio appointment (online update)

3/15/23 Bio appointment 

3/15/23 Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

7/25/23 Interview was scheduled  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.