xort35

I130 July 2022 filers for Parents

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi,  I am a US citizen and I filed I130 for my parents in July 1st, 2022.  The "Estimated time until case decision" gone from 4 weeks left to, 3 weeks, 2 weeks, 1 week and now saying "Your case is taking longer than expected to process. You do not need to take any action at this time.".   It has been saying this for 3 weeks now. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Correct you have just started a long process

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Veronicav0920 said:

Hello, I sent the I-130 online from September 2022, my case said 6 months of waiting, now it says that it is taking longer than normal... I already despaired, I would like my mother close at this time.... what I can do ?

Realistically go visit her.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I filed in July 2022 for both my parents as well. One saying 4 weeks pending and the other one saying taking longer than expected. Has anyone tried calling USCIS for a status update ? thinking of doing that this week. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
38 minutes ago, pkgc said:

I filed in July 2022 for both my parents as well. One saying 4 weeks pending and the other one saying taking longer than expected. Has anyone tried calling USCIS for a status update ? thinking of doing that this week. 

please update us, i filed for my mother in june 2022, still waiting

Does anyone have a recent experience with I 130 for IR5 (parents from Russia)?  I filed it in July 2022, and also got the same message wait time 4 weeks -> 3->2->1-> Case is taking longer than expected. Tried expediting twice and got denied both times. Hoping to find out more about realistic timeline expectations. Thank you for sharing in advance.

Edited by Ineska

• 3 months later...
Timeline
On 3/26/2023 at 7:38 PM, Ineska said:

Does anyone have a recent experience with I 130 for IR5 (parents from Russia)?  I filed it in July 2022, and also got the same message wait time 4 weeks -> 3->2->1-> Case is taking longer than expected. Tried expediting twice and got denied both times. Hoping to find out more about realistic timeline expectations. Thank you for sharing in advance.

How did you expedite ?

1 hour ago, pkgc said:

How did you expedite ?

I tried 3 times. Twice through an attorney, once through a congressman. Every time got a rejection. 

The case finally got approved in June 2023 through a normal processing times.

The good thing is once it moved to NVC it’s been moving along. 

Hopefully your case gets approved soon as well. 

Timeline
16 hours ago, Ineska said:

I tried 3 times. Twice through an attorney, once through a congressman. Every time got a rejection. 

The case finally got approved in June 2023 through a normal processing times.

The good thing is once it moved to NVC it’s been moving along. 

Hopefully your case gets approved soon as well. 

Ohh nice ! Is there like a number you call or a form you fill for expediting ? 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/7/2023 at 11:54 AM, pkgc said:

One parent got approved ..wohoo, the other parent is till under review, even though I applied for both at the same time. 🤔

Both parents got approved, case is now with NVC. Hope everyone waiting heres something soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.