cocoloco

My extension of green card expires in 2 weeks and USCIS don't communicate

12 posts in this topic

Hi!

I hope I can find here some help.... I am at the process of transforming from conditional 2 year green card into 10 year Green card... waiting for Interview (If USCIS are still interviewing every single person?)

I did my biometrics in July 2021 and since that Uscis sent me extensions letter valid until December 17 2022. Means, it terminates in 2 weeks and nothing new was received.

I was trying to contact them through website (now I can't even find that option anymore) and different emails with no feedback. 

I am worried about my legal status, and being able to travel if I don't have any valid documentation and it is affecting me and my business. Isn't it their responsibility to provide me a support documents while my case is still pending due to their delayed? What happen if I don't have those documents?

Please if anyone could help I would really appreciate it. I feel like I did absolutely everything possible to contact them. 

Edited by cocoloco
typo

Hi, you are still Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) even when extension letter expires. Only an immigration judge can take this status from you, unless you surrender it voluntarily.

You need to call USCIS to request Infopass.

This is an appointment at USCIS local field office, where they can stamp your passport with I-551 stamp, also known as ADIT stamp.

It will allow you to travel outside of the US and use with DMV, employer if needed. It's usually valid for 1 year. Then you can get another one, if your I-751 is still pending.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Log online or create an account if you don't already have one. There should be another extension there before it hits your mail.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Just now, Timona said:

Log online or create an account if you don't already have one. There should be another extension there before it hits your mail.

Do they do it for I-751? I thought it's filed on paper and USCIS do not communicate electronically in this case. Have you done it personally? Do officials accept it without a question (DMV, CBP etc)? Because it's not watermarked or printed on special green paper.

Thank you

3 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Do they do it for I-751? I thought it's filed on paper and USCIS do not communicate electronically in this case. Have you done it personally? Do officials accept it without a question (DMV, CBP etc)? Because it's not watermarked or printed on special green paper.

Thank you

I don't see the option like that online, I see pending "appointment", nothing additional. Also although, such important document  is only printed on piece of paper, it comes still watermarked so I don't think I could just print it out :D 

Edited by cocoloco

Timeline

Even if it is paper filled, it has a digital it will be electronically recorded of which, if you create an account and add your case numbers, you'll have access to receipts and history of your case.

You don't need the watermark paper, though you're required to have it all times. CBP / DMV can just input the case or scan the barcode at the bottom. So, the print from online account should be sufficient. Watermark just adds authenticity, should anything be called to question. 

I never carried mine anywhere.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, cocoloco said:

I don't see the option like that online, I see pending "appointment", nothing additional. Also although, such important document  is only printed on piece of paper, it comes still watermarked so I don't think I could just print it out :D 

Did you add your I-751 receipt? 

If you just did now, you may have to wait till Monday. Once added successfully, there should be 3 tabs there. 

9 minutes ago, Timona said:

Did you add your I-751 receipt? 

If you just did now, you may have to wait till Monday. Once added successfully, there should be 3 tabs there. 

EDIT: I have there the I-751 receipt, and there is asbolutely no option to print anything out or anything else. sending printscreen. It shows a case status and case history, no other additional options :)

Edited by cocoloco

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Contact USCIS, say "infopass," set an appointment for an I-551 stamp in your passport, it is good for a year while you wait for ROC.

Timeline
1 hour ago, cocoloco said:

EDIT: I have there the I-751 receipt, and there is asbolutely no option to print anything out or anything else. sending printscreen. It shows a case status and case history, no other additional options :)

Weird

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
2 hours ago, Timona said:

Weird

No really.  I consider it the norm

I doubt an  extension letter printed on a home laser printer is valid for boarding a flight. 

Edited by Mike E

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.