Sarah Ro

Have we been DQ’d?

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

After over a month of waiting we have finally heard from the NVC. The email said there had been an update on our case and to log in to the webpage to check.

All documents have been accepted but we had 2 messages.

1- Please submit petitioner’s Evidence of Income. For more information, visit https://nvc.state.gov/fin

2- This case does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 from a joint sponsor may be submitted. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p.

My husband has now submitted pay-statements proving his income exceeds the 125% of HHS poverty guidelines. 
Having said all this, I have few questions I hope you guys can help us with:

- Is the case moving forward to the interview scheduling step?

- Does the case need to be reviewed again? If so, do they take long to do so? Or will the documents be reviewed at the interview?

- Are we supposed to get an email stating the case state? 

- Should we be worried?

Thank you so much for your help!!

Kind Regards,

Sarah

Edited by Sarah Ro

17 hours ago, Sarah Ro said:

- Are we supposed to get an email stating the case state? 

Your case will be DQ only when you receive an NVC email and a CEAC inbox message with the words "Documentarily Qualified".  Until then, your case will not be queued for interview scheduling.  So, have you received the DQ email/message?

Hi Chancy,

Thank you for answering.

I guess we haven’t 😔 the only messages we have received are the ones mentioned above. 

Do you know how long they could take to review the case again?

Do you know if there is a link to keep track of the process? (Like the NVC timeframe page)

Much appreciated! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Sarah Ro said:

Do you know how long they could take to review the case again?

Almost all resubmissions require waiting another full cycle, so currently it's 45 days after you submit what they ask for. As for keeping track of the process, the only way is to check NVC submission threads on this forum, where people let other people know that there were DQ'd/RFE'd. I see, that you know about weekly updates of NVC timeframes, so there is no news to that. Can you please tell us your last date of submission?

Hi Aerodnight,

Thank you for answering.

We submitted for the second time on the 26th of November. 

I tried to find the submission thread you mentioned, but was unable to, would you please be so kind to share the link? 

Much appreciated!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sarah Ro said:

Hi Aerodnight,

Thank you for answering.

We submitted for the second time on the 26th of November. 

I tried to find the submission thread you mentioned, but was unable to, would you please be so kind to share the link? 

Much appreciated!

Oh, I meant the initial submission, not the resubmission after the message you've received. I guess it will be around the middle of October?

Here's the link to November 2022 NVC Submissions:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.