Tereza

Ustraveldocs kept giving me errors, then froze my account, need help

10 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have received the email from nvc that they sent my case to the Prague embassy yesterday morning. I already had the ustraveldocs account, so I logged in, and followed the steps in "new application/schedule appointment". I got to step 8 where it asked me to confirm the case ID, but when I hit the confirm button it gave me error message saying ""To attest payment you must enter your receipt number and check the box." Which was very confusing as it didnt give me any payment options yet and there were no boxes to check.

I figured there was something wrong with the website and tried a different browser, which turned out to be a big mistake as I think that is what gave me the freeze on my account.

I emailed the Prague embassy first, but then I learned that there is a ustraveldocs email adress (support-czechrepublic...), so I emailed them explaining the situation and asking for help (that was before I found out the account was frozen).

So far I only got an auto generated email from CGI support saying they changed my password.

To make things worse, they (CGI support, which i didnt email at all) sent me an email for new users with my login details to my gmail (but I already had an account made with my czech adress, the one they froze), so in hopes I could get past the freeze and finally schedule the appointment I logged in, but it just made me merge those two accounts - I have 2 email adresses, I used the Czech one to create the first account and the gmail to email them about the error message since my czech email looks a bit sketchy to non-czechs, but they probably just took it as that was my login email and sent me a new password for that again this morning.

I don't think anybody has actually looked at the error message I got, at least not yet, and I am quite worried that when they finally un-freeze my account, it will be the same issue with the same weird error message.

Do you have any advice as to who to contact or how to get help with this?

Also, is it possible that if I dont confirm the interview date within x amount of days, they will give it to somebody else? the wait time I got is already way longer than everone else I have seen in Prague, so I would be really dissapointed if it got postponed yet again.

Thank you!

error edit.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

First, if this is for a IR1/CR1, the NVC schedules your interview.

Second, the "new application/schedule appointment" section wants the receipt number from the bank or payment method IF you filled out and payed for the DS-160 fees, which does not apply to IR1/CR1.

1 hour ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

First, if this is for a IR1/CR1, the NVC schedules your interview.

Second, the "new application/schedule appointment" section wants the receipt number from the bank or payment method IF you filled out and payed for the DS-160 fees, which does not apply to IR1/CR1.

Yes, they did (we're doing CR1), for january 26th, but I was supposed to log into the ustraveldocs account and register my case there and book the time and date they sent me, but it wouldn't let me do that because of the error message that didn't make any sense.

It didnt ask for any payments in the step where I got the error, it literally only asked to confirm case ID. But then the error read what I wrote before which obviously made no sense. I didnt see any options to pay anything anywhere on the site either (I think I'll have to pay the embassy fee through the website eventually?).

The whole thing is weird and so far I have heard nothing from ustraveldocs or pragueivp... I get that they take their time, but I don't know what I'll do if they keep ignoring me and the issue with the error will persist. None of the phone numbers here in czech work, it is just a loop that always finishes with "to find out more about xyz visit our website..." and they hang up

Anyways, thank you for your answer

Timeline
2 hours ago, Tereza said:

Yes, they did (we're doing CR1), for january 26th, but I was supposed to log into the ustraveldocs account and register my case there and book the time and date they sent me, but it wouldn't let me do that because of the error message that didn't make any sense.

It didnt ask for any payments in the step where I got the error, it literally only asked to confirm case ID. But then the error read what I wrote before which obviously made no sense. I didnt see any options to pay anything anywhere on the site either (I think I'll have to pay the embassy fee through the website eventually?).

The whole thing is weird and so far I have heard nothing from ustraveldocs or pragueivp... I get that they take their time, but I don't know what I'll do if they keep ignoring me and the issue with the error will persist. None of the phone numbers here in czech work, it is just a loop that always finishes with "to find out more about xyz visit our website..." and they hang up

Anyways, thank you for your answer

There is no additional fee for the interview appointment. For CR1, you payed to the NVC the AOS and IV fees previously.

I am 99.9% sure that you do not need to confirm your appointment.  The 0.1% is the uncertainty that Prague may do something different than most embassies.  Do you have the exact wording from the interview appointment email?

The last 3 fees you need to pay are the Medical, the document delivery (passport) by courrier, and the USCIS immigration fee after you get approved and you receive the CR1 visa.

"The National Visa Center (NVC) completed its processing of your immigrant visa application and forwarded it to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General, where an immigrant visa interview has been scheduled. Appointment information is located at the bottom of this email."

That came from NVC.

I dont have anything from Prague embasy as I havent been able to finish the registration on the ustraveldocs website (for the reasons already mentioned) and they recquire that I finish that and make the appointment as if to confirm it. It says that in bold red letters ono the page, but i cannot access it now as my account has been frozen.

So im kinda screwed until someone helps me figure out the error on the website, but the customer service is about what youd expect it to be (at least in my experience so far).

I wont have the interview lette from the embassy until I finish the registration process and I dont think theyd let me go to the interview without it.

Timeline
On 11/24/2022 at 12:23 PM, Tereza said:

"The National Visa Center (NVC) completed its processing of your immigrant visa application and forwarded it to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General, where an immigrant visa interview has been scheduled. Appointment information is located at the bottom of this email."

That came from NVC.

I dont have anything from Prague embasy as I havent been able to finish the registration on the ustraveldocs website (for the reasons already mentioned) and they recquire that I finish that and make the appointment as if to confirm it. It says that in bold red letters ono the page, but i cannot access it now as my account has been frozen.

So im kinda screwed until someone helps me figure out the error on the website, but the customer service is about what youd expect it to be (at least in my experience so far).

I wont have the interview lette from the embassy until I finish the registration process and I dont think theyd let me go to the interview without it.

Who is "they" that you are referring in the sentence I bolded?

Your interview was set by the NVC.  That letter you quoted at top is your interview confirmation letter.

I suspect when you logged into USTraveldocs with your old account and attempted to schedule an interview, it probably resumed from your last session - old tourist visa application, student visa, whatever.  That has no bearing to your CR1.

If you still have doubts, email the embassy to confirm the date set by NVC.  Forward the NVC email for reference.  Do not confuse matters with the UStraveldocs issues in that email.

• 2 months later...
40 minutes ago, Klara Alena said:

Hi, can you please let me know how this was solved? I am currently also getting this error message when I try to register my appointment at the Prague embassy. Any help would be much appreciated :)

Don't try to force it or it will block you like it blocked me! I think your best bet is to simply wait. Try tommorow, it should work. The issue is that the data is not yet uploaded to their system and so it's confused.

• 9 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.