Genzo10

Is it possible to change the day of return ticket when the fiance visited me in US after entry?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Genzo10 said:

We would like my fiance extend his stay by one week but do you think it's a problem because CBP asked to read his ticket return and put the day of return on his computer? My fiance came on esta and has normally 90 of authorized days on the territory.

Thank you

What is the date entered on the entry stamp ? This is the last day the visitor can leave 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, Genzo10 said:

We would like my fiance extend his stay by one week but do you think it's a problem because CBP asked to read his ticket return and put the day of return on his computer? My fiance came on esta and has normally 90 of authorized days on the territory.

Thank you

How many days has your fiancé spent in the USA in the  past 365 days? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Genzo10 said:

last travel was last year in december 14 days

Check his online I-94 record to see what his authorized stay actually is. 

Edited by Mike E

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Genzo10 said:

It's been 3 weeks, 28 october

Not what i was asking. When your fiance arrived , the CBP officer stamped the passport with an entry stamp and writes a date on it .. this is the “authorized period of stay”. For those entering in VWP it will be no more than 90 days.. and the officer gets to decide how long the visitor can stay .. 90 days is not always given. How long was your fiance authorized to stay THIS time … 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

An ESTA is always "all or nothing". You either get 90 days or nothing at all. If he was admitted into the US, he has 90 days, no matter what the return ticket says. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
12 hours ago, Genzo10 said:

Thank you

I have done this multiple time over the last years. Supposed to stay for an amount of time, but then something happened and I had the chance to push my return - and I did. Never had an issue with it, not even once. However it hasn’t been more than 3 weeks extra at tops and always within the authorized 90 days on my ESTA 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
14 hours ago, Genzo10 said:

Thank you

Hi! I visited my fiance in the US in august using the visa waiver from the UK. I changed my flights by 4 days after I had arrived (still within the 90 days) and there was no issue coming back last weekend. So long as you don't overstay, it should be good.

You can also check your I-94W online and it will tell you the date you need to be out by (https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home - if you click on the 'already visiting option' of the four, and input the info, it will give you a date).

They more than likely wanted to check the return ticket to ensure it was booked, and was within the 90 days! Enjoy your time together!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.