Gal2957

waiting time for interview in Jerusalem (f2a) after dq

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Israel
Timeline

hello all,

just got dq a few days ago, and waiting for interview in Jerusalem embassy.

anyone has a information about the waiting duration to be scheduled for interview. 

*visa category : f2a.

there isn't a lot of information on the web about the queue in the jerusalem embassy, and i just trying to get a clue what we are facing.

Timeline
17 hours ago, Jordanian Bride said:

I would suggest you fill in your timeline for Israel F2A visas so others can benefit from you.

US Embassy Jerusalem is not backlogged, and I would imagine it's 2 months just like IR1/CR1.

Thank you for the response, hope you are correct.

my time line up to now:

pd of i-130: september 2019

approved i-130: december 2021 (potomac sc)

nvc welcome letter: jan 16 2021.

DQ: nov 07 2022

wating for IL (jerusalem embassy)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
5 hours ago, galgol88 said:

Thank you for the response, hope you are correct.

my time line up to now:

pd of i-130: september 2019

approved i-130: december 2021 (potomac sc)

nvc welcome letter: jan 16 2021.

DQ: nov 07 2022

wating for IL (jerusalem embassy)

Enter it here: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/intro.php?cfl=

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Just wanted to post an update. 
Currently Jerusalem seems to be free from any backlogs. We got interview letter about 45 days after DQ from Nvc.

the interview was scheduled for 3-4 weeks from IL receiving date.

i hope this information helped someone else out there 🙂.  

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 11/9/2022 at 12:11 PM, Jordanian Bride said:

Hello....I'm considering transferring our case to Jerusalem from Warsaw.  In the email back from the US Embassy they stated that they do not expedite cases and will not forward case to other embassies once transferred to them....so before confirming the transfer I was hoping someone can you tell me how long the wait was for confirmed interview?  .  Also, I heard the medical exam can take 2 weeks for the information to be shared to the embassy...is this true?  Trying to figure out how long I might need to stay in Israel with my wife.  Thank you!

Timeline
On 1/8/2023 at 7:31 AM, Gal2957 said:

Just wanted to post an update. 
Currently Jerusalem seems to be free from any backlogs. We got interview letter about 45 days after DQ from Nvc.

the interview was scheduled for 3-4 weeks from IL receiving date.

i hope this information helped someone else out there 🙂.  

Hi @Gal2957...I just requested transfer of our case to Jerusalem from Warsaw (on 7 April 2023)  Curious about the medical exam scheduling.  How long before interview did you complete medical exam?  Can it be done same week as interview?  How long for them to process Visa after completing interview?.  Just trying to get a sense of amount of time I need to plan for in Israel.. Thank you! 

Timeline
On 4/9/2023 at 3:49 AM, RogerVA8928 said:

Hi @Gal2957...I just requested transfer of our case to Jerusalem from Warsaw (on 7 April 2023)  Curious about the medical exam scheduling.  How long before interview did you complete medical exam?  Can it be done same week as interview?  How long for them to process Visa after completing interview?.  Just trying to get a sense of amount of time I need to plan for in Israel.. Thank you! 

Hi,

medical i think need to be 2 weeks before the interview (once you have an interview appointment you can call the clinic to schedule medical exam). Scheduling an appointment after nvc approval didnt take long.

processing the visa and issuing is very specific to each case. In our case we went in to administrative processing (missing some docs and proof of domicile) and took more then two months to get the visa. 
best of luck, gal.

Edited by Gal2957

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 4/9/2023 at 3:49 AM, RogerVA8928 said:

Hey!

Did you have a residency in Israel to transfer your case?

Thank you!

Timeline

Related to the medical topic, does anyone know if the medical exam can be done in Russia as there are approved medical centers there or does it need to be done in Jerusalem?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/30/2024 at 7:09 PM, AML1500 said:

Does anyone have an update on Jerusalem embassy timeline? I’ve been waiting 4 months since DQ’d for my husband’s green card interview and it still says “at NVC”. I’m a US citizen. 

Visa type: IR1/CR1

Hi Mate

Got an update for you on IR1/IR2 visa

We got DQ2 December 26, and got the Interview scheduled email on June 21.  Scheduled for Mid August.

good luck and see you on the other side.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.