Nylar

November 2022 - AOS Filers

274 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Nylar said:

Yeah if it is there then it should only be a matter of time you would have thought, Detroit seems to be one of the fastest.

How strange! I just received an update for RFIE..not quite an approval but atleast something, I'm wondering if its the medical everyone has been receiving notices for? Either way I don't see anything in my documents tab online, I guess I'll have to wait for the physical mail?

4 hours ago, SA21 said:

How strange! I just received an update for RFIE..not quite an approval but atleast something, I'm wondering if its the medical everyone has been receiving notices for? Either way I don't see anything in my documents tab online, I guess I'll have to wait for the physical mail?

Huh weird, well if it is the medical RFE that is usually the last hurdle to getting approved so 🤞

On 4/17/2023 at 8:55 AM, SA21 said:

You should be able to check on the RFE reason on https://my.uscis.gov/. I was able to check before my status got updated to RFE and receive the letter in the mail.

Mine was for "Submit evidence that you and your spouse share a marital life together." I submitted evidence back more than 3 weeks ago and haven't heard back yet ☹️

On 4/17/2023 at 9:12 AM, Nylar said:

Woke up this morning to see my green card was approved yesterday. 🎉

Got my green card in the mail today. 🙌

On 4/26/2023 at 1:14 PM, SA21 said:

Update: Received a cancellation of RFE request on Monday after I'd gone and paid $130 to get new labs done, BUT turned out well as we got approved on Tuesday!!

Wahey! That's awesome news, Michigan really paying dividends 😁

45 minutes ago, sourumeboshi said:

Our case went back into active review as today. 

My anxiety is not coping lol 

Must be on the verge of being approved, you'd hope.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ninjaturtur said:

Hi, for those of you who applied for your work authorization, did you already get it? 

Could you guys share how long it took for you to get your work authorization?

Thank you!

My husband received his after 6 months. We emailed our Congressman and put in an expedite request at the same time. I’m retiring from the military so financial was our reason- our main income was going to be cut in half and we needed him to be able to work to keep financial stability during this transition. I don’t know which one did the trick because I didn’t even get to send in my documents- we saw card being produced and the interview was waived 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/30/2023 at 9:14 AM, Ninjaturtur said:

Hi, for those of you who applied for your work authorization, did you already get it? 

Could you guys share how long it took for you to get your work authorization?

Thank you!

I applied for it, along with my I-485 and I-131, on November 21, 2022 (right before Thanksgiving). The case (along with the I-131) got terminated officially in June 2023 because I received my two-year green card in April 2023.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.