J&D1008

NOVEMBER 2022 I-129F K1 FILERS

215 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
23 minutes ago, 1journey said:

I understand it may work completely differently in each embassy, but we were approved on 2/27. It was mentioned that the next step was that we would receive an email. It has been over a week, and we still have not received that email. We did select to have the visas sent to another location. I know it will be a few weeks before we receive them, but we still have not received the email. Do you have any information about this? Thank you.

As you have elected to transfer your case to another embassy, you will receive relevant case information from the new embassy, and only when the case arrives there. 
Could take between one and two months for the transfer to be finalized. 

You should be able to track the movement of your case on the CAEC Website. 

1 minute ago, JaredShadkin said:

As you have elected to transfer your case to another embassy, you will receive relevant case information from the new embassy, and only when the case arrives there. 
Could take between one and two months for the transfer to be finalized. 

You should be able to track the movement of your case on the CAEC Website. 

I must have been unclear. My fiance was approved for the K-1 Visa on 2/27. She went to the embassy in Bogota. We don't live close by, so we opted to have the visas delivered to our location. When she completed her interview, they told her that she would receive an email about the next steps regarding obtaining her visa. We have not received that email. Do you have any idea how long this should take? Thank you.

Timeline
55 minutes ago, 1journey said:

I must have been unclear. My fiance was approved for the K-1 Visa on 2/27. She went to the embassy in Bogota. We don't live close by, so we opted to have the visas delivered to our location. When she completed her interview, they told her that she would receive an email about the next steps regarding obtaining her visa. We have not received that email. Do you have any idea how long this should take? Thank you.

Sorry about that, I misread - and was looking at your timeline which is outdated.
Policies for each embassy are different with that regard.

I would reach out to the embassy directly using their email method and find out. 
In a normal situation, if the case has been approved and displays as such in the CAEC status page, the visa would be shipped by local courier to the address that is normally provided on the US DOCS website (at least it is the case for a vast majority of embassies). 

Bogota has a very busy embassy, so it could take a little while to receive next steps. Regardless reaching out would be wise. 

24 minutes ago, JaredShadkin said:

Sorry about that, I misread - and was looking at your timeline which is outdated.
Policies for each embassy are different with that regard.

I would reach out to the embassy directly using their email method and find out. 
In a normal situation, if the case has been approved and displays as such in the CAEC status page, the visa would be shipped by local courier to the address that is normally provided on the US DOCS website (at least it is the case for a vast majority of embassies). 

Bogota has a very busy embassy, so it could take a little while to receive next steps. Regardless reaching out would be wise. 

Will do. Thank you.

I went to check the status on CEAC, and it is Approved. I did see this before. However, it looks like the next step is for the status to change to "Issued." There is also text below the statement that indicates that although it has been approved, it still needs to go through someone else. I figured the status should have been changed by now. Yesterday had been a week. It seems that even when it is approved, it's still not fully approved until the status changes to Issued.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, 1journey said:

I went to check the status on CEAC, and it is Approved. I did see this before. However, it looks like the next step is for the status to change to "Issued." There is also text below the statement that indicates that although it has been approved, it still needs to go through someone else. I figured the status should have been changed by now. Yesterday had been a week. It seems that even when it is approved, it's still not fully approved until the status changes to Issued.

Correct. Although the visa was approved by the officer, final checks are being conducted, as well as finalizing your packet that you must provide to CBP at your first point of entry and printing out your visa. 

Wouldn’t worry too much at this stage.

Once it shows as “Issued” you should expect an answer with next steps, or if you paid for courier delivery for it to be shipped directly to you. 

12 hours ago, JaredShadkin said:

Correct. Although the visa was approved by the officer, final checks are being conducted, as well as finalizing your packet that you must provide to CBP at your first point of entry and printing out your visa. 

Wouldn’t worry too much at this stage.

Once it shows as “Issued” you should expect an answer with next steps, or if you paid for courier delivery for it to be shipped directly to you. 

Thank you, Jared. I appreciate your responses.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Question about Form I-134. (Refer toIMG-20240311-WA0011.jpg.26249955466f6e8205b8ce01386b0ebc.jpg attached asking about "beneficiary's income" Under Income #13, do I put beneficiary FY 2022 salary or what? And is anything else required?

37 minutes ago, MelKJ said:

Question about Form I-134. (Refer toIMG-20240311-WA0011.jpg.26249955466f6e8205b8ce01386b0ebc.jpg attached asking about "beneficiary's income" Under Income #13, do I put beneficiary FY 2022 salary or what? And is anything else required?

Yes, you will put in your 2022 tax return information. Then, you will use a copy of your 2022 tax transcript for the interview. You can also get a letter from your place of employment to state when you started and your annual salary. If your 2023 tax return is better than 2022, use 2023 figures.

#13 You will place your name as they want it (First, Middle, Last), Your DOB, SELF, and then your annual income from your tax return. Below, for the total, put the number of dependents. If it is just you, it should be 0. If you have children or people you financially take care of, then you will put the number. Your total income will be the same as your annual income.

In the next part, you will include your assets. Retirement, 401K, savings, house, etc. Whatever you decide to put down, you will need current documentation.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/11/2024 at 12:23 PM, 1journey said:

Yes, you will put in your 2022 tax return information. Then, you will use a copy of your 2022 tax transcript for the interview. You can also get a letter from your place of employment to state when you started and your annual salary. If your 2023 tax return is better than 2022, use 2023 figures.

#13 You will place your name as they want it (First, Middle, Last), Your DOB, SELF, and then your annual income from your tax return. Below, for the total, put the number of dependents. If it is just you, it should be 0. If you have children or people you financially take care of, then you will put the number. Your total income will be the same as your annual income.

In the next part, you will include your assets. Retirement, 401K, savings, house, etc. Whatever you decide to put down, you will need current documentation.

Hey all, I hope to cross the land border into the USA within the next few weeks on my K1 visa(from Canada). I've began making a list of all household items i have. Is there any U.S. Custom form to fill out. Or can I literally just make my own listing and give it to them?

4 hours ago, MelKJ said:

Hey all, I hope to cross the land border into the USA within the next few weeks on my K1 visa(from Canada). I've began making a list of all household items i have. Is there any U.S. Custom form to fill out. Or can I literally just make my own listing and give it to them?

I take it most of the people here will not be in your situation. Most K-1 are coming from far away countries and will only be able to pack what they can into suitcases, which is my case.

You will need to complete CBP Form 3299 for your household items. Please research this further. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Madagascar
Timeline

I'm 90% sure that we got approved today at our interview. Was given a 221g and told to wait for an email for instructions, but later that day, CEAC shows the visa as issued. So I'm assuming the instructions will be on how to pick up passport

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Madagascar
Timeline
On 4/12/2024 at 3:33 PM, 1journey said:

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what the process is like when going through customs at the airport with a K-1 Visa? Is there another interview with the customs agent? If I am with my fiance, could she go in the line with me for U.S. citizens? 

Thank you.

No one answered your question. From my research, you should never split up at customs. That's a red flag. So pick a line and go together. As far as interview goes, most I've seen people say is they are asked questions to verify residence, names, and if you know you need to marry within 90 days. The embassy and USCIS already vetted you. Customs are not going to be looking at you

3 minutes ago, happyscrub said:

No one answered your question. From my research, you should never split up at customs. That's a red flag. So pick a line and go together. As far as interview goes, most I've seen people say is they are asked questions to verify residence, names, and if you know you need to marry within 90 days. The embassy and USCIS already vetted you. Customs are not going to be looking at you

Thank you for your reply. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.