Simplytex

IR1/CR1 Interview timeframes in Warsaw

203 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, aerodnight said:

Anyone knows if the interview letters are sent only once a month, so for Warsaw the next chance to get one would be 19th of February since the last confirmed here IL was sent on Jan 19? I'm DQ'd since Jan 21 and trying to figure out any estimation for my wife's interview.

@Simplytex if your case won't be automatically transferred to some other embassy, then I guess you will be my reference point.

Sure thing. No idea how often ILs are sent out, I'm guessing maybe 2x per month. I'm thinking we'll hear back sometime in the next 3 weeks, which isn't actually all that long but it's harder to wait knowing the finish line is just ahead...

Timeline
3 hours ago, aerodnight said:

Anyone knows if the interview letters are sent only once a month, so for Warsaw the next chance to get one would be 19th of February since the last confirmed here IL was sent on Jan 19? I'm DQ'd since Jan 21 and trying to figure out any estimation for my wife's interview.

@Simplytex if your case won't be automatically transferred to some other embassy, then I guess you will be my reference point.

Sure thing. No idea how often ILs are sent out, I'm guessing maybe 2x per month. I'm thinking we'll hear back sometime in the next 3 weeks, which isn't actually all that long but it's harder to wait knowing the finish line is just ahead...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Just sent an expedite request on the basis of increasing tensions from the Russian-Belarusian regime and the fact that I currently reside in Poland. It's a long shot, but I thought why not, I'm not risking anything by that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
2 hours ago, aerodnight said:

Just sent an expedite request on the basis of increasing tensions from the Russian-Belarusian regime and the fact that I currently reside in Poland. It's a long shot, but I thought why not, I'm not risking anything by that.

Write about the result when you get it. I just live in this regime, and my fiancé is from Poland and he is afraid to come to me in Belarus. We are waiting for K1.

Timeline

The US embassy in Warsaw answered my question about the frequency of interview dates release, they say it's once a month, so probably it's around the mid of the month when we can expect those IL coming

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 2/1/2023 at 9:13 AM, aerodnight said:

Yes, it would be very interesting to hear of the outcome.

Many expedites were filed for Russian beneficiaries in 2022 for the same reason (tensions, war), but I don't know of any that succeeded.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Lynxyonok said:

Yes, it would be very interesting to hear of the outcome.

Many expedites were filed for Russian beneficiaries in 2022 for the same reason (tensions, war), but I don't know of any that succeeded.

I actually got the response for my expedite request, and that's a no. I don't know the exact refusal reason but I guess it's not good enough to have the case expedited. I knew it was a long shot, so no bad feelings, I might actually get that FICO score by the time I will normally have to wait for our interview, so there's a bright side of this outcome

Timeline

I went through the official visa issuance statistics released by DOS on monthly basis, and noticed a clear trend

December 2022: CR1 + IR1 = 90 visas, 21 DV visas

November 2022: CR1 + IR1 = 43 visas, 117 DV visas

October 2022: CR1 + IR1 = 43 visas, 111 DV visas

September 2022: CR1 + IR1 = 16 visas, 445 DV visas

August 2022: CR1 + IR1 = 16 visas, 527 DV visas

July 2022: CR1 + IR1 = 18 visas, 314 DV visas

There is no data for the January yet, but I'm down to believe that there could be 100+ spouse category visas issued. They clearly switched the focus from DV visas and are much more capable of scheduling many family based visas interviews.

Timeline
1 hour ago, aerodnight said:

I went through the official visa issuance statistics released by DOS on monthly basis, and noticed a clear trend

December 2022: CR1 + IR1 = 90 visas, 21 DV visas

November 2022: CR1 + IR1 = 43 visas, 117 DV visas

October 2022: CR1 + IR1 = 43 visas, 111 DV visas

September 2022: CR1 + IR1 = 16 visas, 445 DV visas

August 2022: CR1 + IR1 = 16 visas, 527 DV visas

July 2022: CR1 + IR1 = 18 visas, 314 DV visas

There is no data for the January yet, but I'm down to believe that there could be 100+ spouse category visas issued. They clearly switched the focus from DV visas and are much more capable of scheduling many family based visas interviews.

That roughly lines up with what I saw a while back when looking at visas issues specifically to Russians in this post

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Hi everyone, my parent just received an I-130 approval. We are gathering documents to submit to NVC and the dilemma is whether we should wait or not to submit the documents given that my parent is in Belarus and he needs to apply for a Shengen visa to get to Warsaw for an interview... He is scheduled for a Shengen visa interview in May, so I wonder whether we should wait for documents to submit in order not to get a sooner appointment in Warsaw... Any recent experience as to how long it takes between the time when NVC reviews Affidavit of Support + Application package and schedules the interview in Warsaw? Any specific considerations for Belarusian citizens?

I see based on NVC timeframes that it takes them about 1 month to review all documents and then I understand it may take 2-3 months for an interview since the parent needs to do the medical exam, prepare additional documents, etc. But any real life stories of Belarusian/Russian beneficiaries sharing their experience would be of great help! Thanks so much for any insights!

Timeline

It's been so quiet in terms of the interview letters on this forum, I kind of envy the UK guys who get their IL after like a week of being DQ'd, wish that the US Embassy in Warsaw would be so efficient.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Congrats for you both! I'm still waiting to hear back from Kazakhstan after the transfer in Jan 30th (original DQ Dec 20...) I can only think that the case just missed the deadline for February

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.