stringpuller

IR1/CR1 At UStraveldocs

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello all

Wifes interview is in 12 days.  We have been married for over 2 years and during the address registration part my wife may have chose CR1 instead of IR1. She did not see an IR1 category. 

Should we call UStraveldocs to have this changed before the interview? 

We are going over everything and are a bit paranoid about details. 

Thanks 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The interviewing CO will probably mention it, but if not, don't worry as it will change automatically in the system.  Your wife should receive a greencard with the correct IR status.  If not, file an I-90 and have it corrected.    

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
2 minutes ago, mam521 said:

The interviewing CO will probably mention it, but if not, don't worry as it will change automatically in the system.  Your wife should receive a greencard with the correct IR status.  If not, file an I-90 and have it corrected.    

What is the I-90 form and were do I find it? 

Would it be better with the interview being soon to just have her mention it right away at the interview? 

Timeline
3 hours ago, stringpuller said:

What is the I-90 form and were do I find it? 

Would it be better with the interview being soon to just have her mention it right away at the interview? 

She can mention it. The CO will look at your marriage certificate to verify it’s real. The chances of needing to file the I-90 are very, very small because the system will update. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
9 hours ago, mam521 said:

She can mention it. The CO will look at your marriage certificate to verify it’s real. The chances of needing to file the I-90 are very, very small because the system will update. 

Thanks for your reply. I understand the authentication of the certificate I was wondering about the CR1/IR1 being an issue. 

We are married for over 2 years now. But I feel better after you saying it will update automatically. I will tell her to mention it. 

Timeline
On 10/12/2022 at 5:02 AM, stringpuller said:

Thanks for your reply. I understand the authentication of the certificate I was wondering about the CR1/IR1 being an issue. 

We are married for over 2 years now. But I feel better after you saying it will update automatically. I will tell her to mention it. 

I interviewed a couple of weeks before my 2nd anniversary, so the temporary I-551 in my passport said CR-1.  I crossed the border 1 day after my 2nd wedding anniversary and received my IR-1 statused, 10 year greencard.  It updated in the system.  Same for Kid1.  We had to file an I-90 for Kid2 because their greencard didn't properly update.  We received the new greencard with the proper status and didn't have to pay anything.  So, I've dealt with both issues :) and there's a pretty favourable chance you'll have no issues. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Timeline
18 minutes ago, mam521 said:

I interviewed a couple of weeks before my 2nd anniversary, so the temporary I-551 in my passport said CR-1.  I crossed the border 1 day after my 2nd wedding anniversary and received my IR-1 statused, 10 year greencard.  It updated in the system.  Same for Kid1.  We had to file an I-90 for Kid2 because their greencard didn't properly update.  We received the new greencard with the proper status and didn't have to pay anything.  So, I've dealt with both issues :) and there's a pretty favourable chance you'll have no issues. 

Thank you so much for replying

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.