Sarge2155

October 2022 - AOS Filers

133 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 minute ago, Polly3 said:

Hey guys!

my status changed to Biometrics appointment scheduled but there is no date yet. Im assuming ill get another mail stating the details of the appointment? Did anyone have biometrics scheduled yet? Do they send you to a specific place? 

Do you have an online account? Check your Documents tab, the biometric notice should be there. 
You can also connect with live chat agent and ask for your biometric appt date. That’s what I did. 
If not, just wait for the notice in the mail.

8 minutes ago, Jaydenx said:

Do you have an online account? Check your Documents tab, the biometric notice should be there. 
You can also connect with live chat agent and ask for your biometric appt date. That’s what I did. 
If not, just wait for the notice in the mail.

I created an online account but I dont see a document tab. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
12 hours ago, Polly3 said:

Hey guys!

my status changed to Biometrics appointment scheduled but there is no date yet. Im assuming I’ll get another mail stating the details of the appointment? Did anyone have biometrics scheduled yet? Do they send you to a specific place? 

Congrats! You’ll receive a letter in the mail that includes the ASC and date/time of your biometrics. If you’ve setup your online USCIS account, that info will be there. What city do you live and when did you submit your application?

I filed Oct 21 and I’m waiting for my bio appointment. 

11 minutes ago, lonewolf23 said:

Congrats! You’ll receive a letter in the mail that includes the ASC and date/time of your biometrics. If you’ve setup your online USCIS account, that info will be there. What city do you live and when did you submit your application?

I filed Oct 21 and I’m waiting for my bio appointment. 

Thanks! Just found out that my biometrics is scheduled on 11/16. Our case was received 10/25 and I live in LA

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hey guys, 

I got an update yesterday about my bio appointment and I got a letter with the Online Access Code. I tried to enter it to my USCIS account and it says case cannot be found.

Anyone ever had this issue?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello! Ok, this is a double hitter.

One, wow, this moved so much faster than the K1 Visa petition. We submitted on October 14th and got a response by October 28th. I was in disbelief!

However, we also got the dreaded Request for Evidence on the 28th and are coming into some confusion in trying to resolve it.

I am a teacher and I make over the 125% poverty threshold. However, during our K1 visa process we ran into some slow downs and then the pandemic happened. I moved to Uganda to be with my partner and we lived there for a year, during which I made half as much as I would teaching in the US. My annual income was, of course, lower that year, but I was above the 125% threshold for each year before. We just moved back and I got When we submitted our I-864, I also submitted 4 years of tax transcripts (in order to hopefully make up for the year that I was living in Uganda) as well as my current teaching contract, a employment verification letter from the district, and may stubs and 1099s from the online teaching jobs I worked at in Uganda. I triple checked that everything was signed before sending it out, as did my partner. And yet, we got a request for evidence saying that I did not qualify as a sponsor and would need to find a co-sponsor. The letter was very vague and did not point out why exactly it was rejected. I don't want to find a co-sponsor and then make the same mistake again. Help!

Timeline

We sent our packet in a around the 14th of October and got a Biometrics appointment request two weeks ago. Yay!

However, we also got a Request for Evidence on the account of my not being qualified to sponsor my partner? I am very confused and don;t understand why I don't qualify. Has anyone done this? Or had to go about adding a co sponsor? I really want to get this done quickly and effectively but I am feeling way out of my depths.

Timeline
1 minute ago, JJOchola said:

We sent our packet in a around the 14th of October and got a Biometrics appointment request two weeks ago. Yay!

However, we also got a Request for Evidence on the account of my not being qualified to sponsor my partner? I am very confused and don;t understand why I don't qualify. Has anyone done this? Or had to go about adding a co sponsor? I really want to get this done quickly and effectively but I am feeling way out of my depths.

I got a RFIE as well. Does your income meet the requirements? Check again if you’ve missed to provide any financial documents? If not, better off finding a joint sponsor to limit any delays. 
We’ll send our RFIE response tomorrow. 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Jaydenx said:

I got a RFIE as well. Does your income meet the requirements? Check again if you’ve missed to provide any financial documents? If not, better off finding a joint sponsor to limit any delays. 
We’ll send our RFIE response tomorrow. 

I do! I am a teacher and only just started a new job at the beginning of this school year (since my partner and I were living in his home country until he got his visa, so I don't have any W2s for it yet and it isn't reflected on this years taxes. However, to hopefully contrast that, I turned in the last 4 years of Tax Transcripts, my teaching contract, and a verification letter from the school district office. I really don't understand why it got denied.

Timeline
40 minutes ago, JJOchola said:

I do! I am a teacher and only just started a new job at the beginning of this school year (since my partner and I were living in his home country until he got his visa, so I don't have any W2s for it yet and it isn't reflected on this years taxes. However, to hopefully contrast that, I turned in the last 4 years of Tax Transcripts, my teaching contract, and a verification letter from the school district office. I really don't understand why it got denied.

Well, as far as I know, they only consider tax documents for the most recent years which is 2021. If your "TOTAL INCOME line on IRS Form 1040" does not meet the HHS poverty guidelines for affidavit of support (for reference, find it HERE), then you need to find a joint sponsor. Unless you have other assets to make up a deficiency.

It seems to me that I-864 is the trickiest parts of the whole AOS application because according to people experienced, USCIS is likely to issue RFE in regards to this. 

Hey all!

Filed I-485/I-131/I-765

Lockbox: Phoenix, AZ

Mailing date: 10/07/22

NOA date: 10/14/22

Bio app: 11/10/22

No RFE just yet so hoping that we filled it all out ok. Hoping for a speedy process 🤞

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

Submitted all forms on 21 October 2022

28 October credit card charged

31st October 2022 received text message with receipt notices

7 November received biometrics appointment notice with other form notice and codes.

Biometrics appointment 25th Nov. 

No RFE yet

Hoping for the best.

Well had my bio appointment yesterday and this morning my status on my EAD changed to card being produced.

I am still in shock, EAD in 1 month is crazy. No expedite or anything.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Zambia
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Benny4352 said:

Well had my bio appointment yesterday and this morning my status on my EAD changed to card being produced.

Wow! That is amazing 👏.  Congratulations 🎊 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Benny4352 said:

Congratulations....I did my biometric yesterday too....got email this morning saying we took action on your case ...I logged in to check but still the same..under review. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.