Sarge2155

October 2022 - AOS Filers

133 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Just checking as this is the AOS from K1 forum -- are you adjusting from K1 visa and did you get married within 90 days of US entry?  If so, there was no need to file I-130.

Oh shoot! 
Is this post strictly for AOS from K1 only?

Maybe I'm in the wrong post then because I'm adjusting status from F-1 visa

9 minutes ago, Jaydenx said:

Maybe I'm in the wrong post then because I'm adjusting status from F-1 visa

Thanks for clarifying.  Just wanted to verify so those who are actually adjusting from K1 do not get confused about the required forms.  AOS from K1 has some differences -- I-130 is not required if married within 90 days, and I-693 is not required if K1 visa medical was completed (including vaccinations) within 1 year of filing I-485.

Edited by Chancy
typo

1 hour ago, Jaydenx said:

Well, Dont be worried!

It took us 13 days to get the receipt notices in the mail. I have seen other people even got it in 2-3 days. We just can't predict how long it takes this time and day!
Our lawyer didn't include e-Notify paper in our application so we have been waiting anxiously for the receipts.
Yours will come soon, just be patient :D 

Oh thank you!!!! Actually we just received our messages a couple minutes ago so it only took like a week! Great!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

10/20 - Filed I130 online 

10/20- AOS application sent to Phoenix lockbox via UPS

10/21 - Application received

10/27 - Money order cashed
10/27 - Received texts with 3 receipt notices 

Now waiting on the biometrics. Will the A number come with the receipt in the mail?

Timeline
22 hours ago, lonewolf23 said:

Hi everyone,

10/20 - Filed I130 online 

10/20- AOS application sent to Phoenix lockbox via UPS

10/21 - Application received

10/27 - Money order cashed
10/27 - Received texts with 3 receipt notices 

Now waiting on the biometrics. Will the A number come with the receipt in the mail?

Mine didnt have A number in the receipt notices. 

Timeline

Just an update guys 

Got a notification from lawfully app that my biometric appointment was scheduled on October 28th. So it’s only been 12 days in 😋 I’m excited!! 

Can I possibly ask Emma regarding my biometric appointment day? Otherwise I have to wait for the physical mail to come in.. 

My lawyer advised us not to register for an online account because that may cause uscis not to send notices to both the lawyer office and my address so I dont have access to the account to see any documents. 

Timeline
On 10/30/2022 at 9:05 AM, Jaydenx said:

Just an update guys 

Got a notification from lawfully app that my biometric appointment was scheduled on October 28th. So it’s only been 12 days in 😋 I’m excited!! 

Can I possibly ask Emma regarding my biometric appointment day? Otherwise I have to wait for the physical mail to come in.. 

My lawyer advised us not to register for an online account because that may cause uscis not to send notices to both the lawyer office and my address so I dont have access to the account to see any documents. 

Oh wow that was fast! I’m guessing you’ll receive the notice in the mail this Friday or next Monday. Please keep us updated.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, lonewolf23 said:

Oh wow that was fast! I’m guessing you’ll receive the notice in the mail this Friday or next Monday. Please keep us updated.  

I was able to ask Emma regarding my bio appt date. It was scheduled on 11/17/22. 
Unfortunately, I also got a RFIE yesterday 😪

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jaydenx said:

I was able to ask Emma regarding my bio appt date. It was scheduled on 11/17/22. 
Unfortunately, I also got a RFIE yesterday 😪

On the bright side, it looks your case is being worked on. I’d suggest you send them the RFE ASAP! What are the asking for?

Timeline
31 minutes ago, lonewolf23 said:

On the bright side, it looks your case is being worked on. I’d suggest you send them the RFE ASAP! What are the asking for?

I'm still waiting for the notice in the mail. Since it's a request for initial evidence for I-485, I'm thinking there's something wrong with I-864. Since I'm about 2 weeks away from Biometric appointment, I think we will have enough time to respond to the request. I've seen people get their EAD produced in the same day with their biometric day so I'm really hopeful. How's your process so far? Are your receipts IOE 917?

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Jaydenx said:

I'm still waiting for the notice in the mail. Since it's a request for initial evidence for I-485, I'm thinking there's something wrong with I-864. Since I'm about 2 weeks away from Biometric appointment, I think we will have enough time to respond to the request. I've seen people get their EAD produced in the same day with their biometric day so I'm really hopeful. How's your process so far? Are your receipts IOE 917?

Yeah the I-864 is a tricky one. I feel like I might get RFE too just because I had a joint sponsor. I got my receipts in the mail yesterday. Hopefully I get my biometric appointment soon. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, lonewolf23 said:

Yeah the I-864 is a tricky one. I feel like I might get RFE too just because I had a joint sponsor. I got my receipts in the mail yesterday. Hopefully I get my biometric appointment soon. 

You will get it soon. Depends on how busy your nearest ASC is though. From the date I submitted the application to the Biometric appointment date is exactly 5 weeks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.