2,974 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Verrou said:

This is BS. It doesn’t make sense at all

So you are strongly telling me to push this attorney to file a motion of termination to court . . I’m nicely emailing to them , they are not late for answering me but all answers are containing wait wait wait ….

it’s my last email to them….( yesterday ) 

It’s just an additional question , so I-360 doesn’t qualify for a terminated removal proceeding with itself, right?  I don’t want them to throw away my file . It is really bouncing from center to center . I also want to apply for I-131 but without termination. I really want to see my removal done before traveling .It has been a long time . Whoever started the same as me already got citizenship. 

2 hours ago, Hope21 said:

So you are strongly telling me to push this attorney to file a motion of termination to court . . I’m nicely emailing to them , they are not late for answering me but all answers are containing wait wait wait ….

It’s just an additional question , so I-360 doesn’t qualify for a terminated removal proceeding with itself, right?  I don’t want them to throw away my file . It is really bouncing from center to center . I also want to apply for I-131 but without termination. I really want to see my removal done before traveling .It has been a long time . Whoever started the same as me already got citizenship. 

Too nice and u ask questions that’s why they said wait wait wait. No need to put the last sentence ( comparing ur case with other) because that’s unrelated to your case ( each case is different ) 

IMO you need to tweak the email slightly and said “I would like you to go ahead and file motion to terminate or reopen or whatever directly to the court before end of the month” ( something like that). 

u notice that’s not a question. U pay ur

lawyer to be ur counsel and that’s what u want to do

in the mean time, shop for different lawyers 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It's been too long since we had a Blonde Joke as our Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

=================================================================

THE BLONDE ON THE TRAIN

The blonde wife came home from her first day commuting into the city.  Her husband noticed that she was looking a little frazzled, and he asked, "Honey, are you feeling all right?"

"Not really," she replied.  "I'm nauseated from sitting backward on the train."

"Poor dear," he said.  "Why didn't you ask the person sitting across from you to switch seats for a while?"

"I couldn't," she replied.  "There was no one there."
:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

On 9/17/2023 at 7:21 AM, Hope21 said:

My lawyer terminated my removal proceddings just with the prima facie letter. 

46 minutes ago, Reto said:

My lawyer terminated my removal proceddings just with the prima facie letter. 

What a magnificent lawyer you have my friend .. my attorney likes to wait …. Wait , next step again wait .. they already got 3 client of me and I am not priority still just wait .. I got my approval 360 how let me tell you that , I asked them can you guys send me please my submitted documents and they emailed me . I checked and i had seeing some documents are missing , I’m surely know these documents I was giving to them. Anyway I gathered everything and with my i360 receipt I sent uscis again…less and more  1 month I got approved .. 

I did not say anything about it and they even did not know I sent by myself some additional documents .  I said it’s ok eventually I got approval but it should not be that long .. I have friend who got approved in 1 year now got citizenship. I’m still waiting … I don’t want to argue with someone especially someone who handling my file . But really annoying so much hurts a lot . 

3 minutes ago, Hope21 said:

What a magnificent lawyer you have my friend .. my attorney likes to wait …. Wait , next step again wait .. they already got 3 client of me and I am not priority still just wait .. I got my approval 360 how let me tell you that , I asked them can you guys send me please my submitted documents and they emailed me . I checked and i had seeing some documents are missing , I’m surely know these documents I was giving to them. Anyway I gathered everything and with my i360 receipt I sent uscis again…less and more  1 month I got approved .. 

I did not say anything about it and they even did not know I sent by myself some additional documents .  I said it’s ok eventually I got approval but it should not be that long .. I have friend who got approved in 1 year now got citizenship. I’m still waiting … I don’t want to argue with someone especially someone who handling my file . But really annoying so much hurts a lot . 

Most attorneys are trying to get a RFE and charge clients $1200. I have seen that so much. Therefore, make sure your evidence and documents are collected correctly, and always ask them what they sent on behalf of you. If USCIS will ask in RFE what you sent, then don’t pay them extra .

7 minutes ago, Hope21 said:

Most attorneys are trying to get a RFE and charge clients $1200.

Luckily, I never received an RFE because I hired a good, credible lawyer. I think it's always best to ask lawyer the question "who pays for RFE?" before hiring. A good lawyer would not charge for their own mistakes.

10 minutes ago, Hope21 said:

and always ask them what they sent on behalf of you. 

I always ask lawyers to send me a draft before submission. Then I review everything, correct mistakes if any and ask questions if any. One is always responsible for petition, whether filing DIY or with a lawyer.

The most recent response from my lawyer. So even he admitted that. I-360 qualifies for termination.

The I-360 approval should qualify, but we will see if the government is willing to, it is up to them. We can always file the I-131 while the I-485 is pending and since a decision would not arrive for some time, it may be best to do it now rather than later.

1k for I-131 🤣 

I will do it without them.

Edited by Hope21

2 minutes ago, Hope21 said:

The most recent response from my lawyer. So even he admitted that. I-360 qualifies for termination.

The I-360 approval should qualify, but we will see if the government is willing to, it is up to them. We can always file the I-131 while the I-485 is pending and since a decision would not arrive for some time, it may be best to do it now rather than later.

1k for I-131 🤣 

Did he agree to do the motions with court ? Nothing will happen until that is filed. It’s up to the IJ ( immigration judge) . 
If your I-485 was rejected by USCIS for lack of jurisdiction..why are you waiting I-131 and on what bases?
As it is, don’t travel until removal is terminated..so don’t file I-131 yet

6 hours ago, Hope21 said:

1k for I-131 🤣 

I file in july 2021 and i haven't been approved, what about you, when did you file?

my court terminated las year on sep 2022 

just waiting for my aproval 360

i have a work permit c9 base on i485 

9 hours ago, Hope21 said:

My lawyer is been an angel to my case and life, he is doing so much in my case and motivated me to go to school and apply for financial aid with a  prima facie. Its good to hace a lawyer you can trust 

9 hours ago, Family said:

Did he agree to do the motions with court ? Nothing will happen until that is filed. It’s up to the IJ ( immigration judge) . 
If your I-485 was rejected by USCIS for lack of jurisdiction..why are you waiting I-131 and on what bases?
As it is, don’t travel until removal is terminated..so don’t file I-131 yet

I didn’t get that part he said “if the government is willing “ how we gonna know that if we didn’t submit anything or without contacting to judge  .. he is basically saying wait till your file is approved by uscis . If no jurisdiction on my case by uscis how I’m gonna go forward. . 

3 hours ago, Reto said:

I file in july 2021 and i haven't been approved, what about you, when did you file?

my court terminated las year on sep 2022 

just waiting for my aproval 360

i have a work permit c9 base on i485 

2019 September i submitted I-360 and I got approved around 31 months later and I submitted my i-485 2023 march . Still waiting for it but I didn’t terminate my removal it was only administratively closed by judge .  I’m trying to overcome for recent situation because my I-485 is jumping between centers . 

IMG_3462.jpeg

IMG_3461.jpeg

Edited by Hope21

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.