2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/22/2023 at 9:30 AM, God is a good God said:

It’s has been 2 weeks since my lawyer sent my second i601 waiver and USCIS hasn’t cashed my check yet. Can I send another package of i601 privately to uscis? Just to be on the safe side. I am nervous because the first i601 I filed as RFE to my i485 was returned as not needed and my i485 was denied. Now this is another i601 waiver sent as RFE to the motion to reopen i290b and uscis has not cashed the check after two weeks and I am worried if it will be returned again 🥲🥲🥲🥲

Do not send a new waiver.I had cases they  took 3 months to cash the check.

Timeline
On 7/28/2023 at 11:05 AM, Sam96 said:

Good morning everyone, 

I have a question that I’d love if anyone else in this group has any knowledge about.

My vawa was approved little over a year ago, from the day I left my abusive relationship I have not spoken to my ex, which it’s almost 5 years ago. I know I am divorced as my ex has already remarried, I’m guessing he went through the process by himself. We both lived in ny, so I'm assuming here is where the divorce was filed, but all the courts I’ve checked can’t provide me with a copy of my divorce certificate. Does anyone know how I might obtain a copy? Thank you 

There are several websites that you can pay a fee and they will get the divorce decree.Google "divorce records"

Hi @Sandra G. I have few questions , recently I received my C31 EAD and I have C09 combo card which is expiring on May 2024. My questions are :

1. Can work using C31 and use C09 for travel?

2. can I apply for a new advance parole based on C31 before the current Advance parole expires?

Anyone who has experience with this please share as well.

Thanks

Timeline
On 7/24/2023 at 1:20 PM, Aadi135 said:

Oh god where to begin, 

My friend is in mess. 

His VAWA is approved and recently received an RFE from FO. asking for I-601. All they mentioned is he misrepresented material facts concerning maintenance of his F1 status. something while he was on F1. He is inadmissible to the US under 212 (a)(6)(c)(i).

It is asking affidavit of hardship we will face if we will not qualify.

RFE is not stating what info he misrepresented. What shall he do now? any good lawyer recommendation? what is success rate for 601? 

The misrepresentation in this case should be because he made false statements to obtain the visa (fraud) or willfully misrepresented material facts. 

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-j-chapter-2

Timeline
On 7/24/2023 at 10:22 PM, J2020 said:

Wait what? If you applied for vawa while you’re on an F1 visa that makes you inadmissible for misrepresentation? I was an F1 too and now seeking the immigrant visa abroad through vawa. 

Can you please explain more? 

A large number of my clients had F1 visas and filed Vawa without any issues. They are asking for a waiver due to fraud or misrepresentation of material facts by this individual when applying for an F1 visa.

Timeline
On 7/19/2023 at 12:27 AM, Jennah22 said:

I am sorry, but I was not able to locate your message. Form I-864W does not require any additional documentation. The case may be denied since the documents were submitted after the 87-day deadline.

3 hours ago, Priya25 said:

Hi @Sandra G. I have few questions , recently I received my C31 EAD and I have C09 combo card which is expiring on May 2024. My questions are :

1. Can work using C31 and use C09 for travel?

2. can I apply for a new advance parole based on C31 before the current Advance parole expires?

Anyone who has experience with this please share as well.

Thanks

Yes you can use C31 for work and travel with C09. I have done that last year. 

Yes you can apply based on C31. However, i would say apply based on C09 because it would be free. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
4 hours ago, Sandra G. said:

A large number of my clients had F1 visas and filed Vawa without any issues. They are asking for a waiver due to fraud or misrepresentation of material facts by this individual when applying for an F1 visa.

Hello @Sandra G. did you ever filed I601 for VAWA applicant? Do they reopen and deny the VAWA due to I601? Can US citizen daughter eligible to show extrem hardship? 

Thank you, 

4 hours ago, balo101 said:

Yes you can use C31 for work and travel with C09. I have done that last year. 

Yes you can apply based on C31. However, i would say apply based on C09 because it would be free. 

Thank you so much @balo101 for responding, I am just wondering that I might have to travel next year may when my C09 combo card expires and even though i submit it for renewal considering the given timeline I might not have a travel document then to travel. 

18 minutes ago, Priya25 said:

Thank you so much @balo101 for responding, I am just wondering that I might have to travel next year may when my C09 combo card expires and even though i submit it for renewal considering the given timeline I might not have a travel document then to travel. 

i got your point. Since your VAWA is approved what's the status of your i-485? When did you submit that? Don't you think you will get your green card by then?

Hello Family, I had VAWA approved May 2022, and had I-485 interview on May 17, 2023, they issued an RFE the same day for medicals, and I submitted them, they received it May 31 2023, since then there hasn't been any update on the case, except it show, an RFE was issued on May 17,

I had infoPass appointment today, the lady said, the case is under review and Rfe was issued, I tried to confirm with her if they received my medical and showed them the signed receipt for USPS, but she couldn't tell me anything about it and just said, you have to wait, since th RFE was issued.?

Any help or suggestion will really help. It's been over two month and no update.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 hours ago, Keepinghope said:

green card delivered 08/01/23

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance:

[Note to T-B.'s self:  Jokes worked again... jokes worked again... :P ]

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

8 hours ago, Aarontx90 said:

Hello Family, I had VAWA approved May 2022, and had I-485 interview on May 17, 2023, they issued an RFE the same day for medicals, and I submitted them, they received it May 31 2023, since then there hasn't been any update on the case, except it show, an RFE was issued on May 17,

I had infoPass appointment today, the lady said, the case is under review and Rfe was issued, I tried to confirm with her if they received my medical and showed them the signed receipt for USPS, but she couldn't tell me anything about it and just said, you have to wait, since th RFE was issued.?

Any help or suggestion will really help. It's been over two month and no update.

Yeah.

You just have to wait or do a congressional inquiry on your case.

8 hours ago, Keepinghope said:

My journey has finally come to an end! Filed I-360 Dec 2019, received 3 Prima facie 

case approved March 10 23

interview on 07/25/23

approved by 6pm same day of interview 

green card delivered 08/01/23

This forum has been a great help, I didn’t need a lawyer because I got so much info here, for all those waiting keep the hope alive, your time is coming. For all those who I messaged privately, thank you for responding.IMG_2935.thumb.jpeg.68b225c0051084013b4595ec34c99a99.jpeg

Big congratulations 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉👏👏👏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.