2,974 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Hope4me said:

Hi fam,

Please I need everyone's input. 

I filed VAWA in Feb 2020 after which I received notice of action and subsequently prima facie (about 3 times). I have also renewed my combo card twice. I then relocated to another state and sent form AR11 to USCIS accordingly (Vermont). In July 2022, I received RFE which I responded to a week later than deadline day because my attorney failed to inform me early enough. USCIS acknowledged receipt of the documents and said they will continue working on my case. In March this year, I received 3 mails from USCIS Lees Summit office - 2 Notices of Action for the combo card I already have which is expiring next year and notice of action for the VAWA I filed since Feb 2020 for which I already received confirmation for but this time the received date stated in the letter was August 2020. Why from Lees Summit Office MO instead of Vermont? Does anyone have an idea of what could be going on? Also, is there a way I could nudge them on my case? I am thinking of using congress person again (I did before) or shall I send same RFE documents again just to see if someone touches my file? @balo101 @Demise @sandranj

What does VAWA letter say? 

You are already out of processing time. I would say reach out to your congressperson for help. They should be able to get you an update.

2 hours ago, Hope4me said:

Hi fam,

I filed VAWA in Feb 2020 after which I received notice of action and subsequently prima facie (about 3 times). I have also renewed my combo card twice. I then relocated to another state and sent form AR11 to USCIS accordingly (Vermont). In July 2022, I received RFE which I responded to a week later than deadline day because my attorney failed to inform me early enough. USCIS acknowledged receipt of the documents and said they will continue working on my case. In March this year, I received 3 mails from USCIS Lees Summit office - 2 Notices of Action for the combo card I already have which is expiring next year and notice of action for the VAWA I filed since Feb 2020 for which I already received confirmation for but this time the received date stated in the letter was August 2020. Why from Lees Summit Office MO instead of Vermont? Does anyone have an idea of what could be going on? Also, is there a way I could nudge them on my case? I am thinking of using congress person again (I did before) or shall I send same RFE documents again just to see if someone touches my file? @balo101 @Demise @sandranj

Inquire via a congressman.

Only thing I could think of would ironically be an approval because the I-485 gets moved from Nebraska or Vermont to National Benefits Center once it's able to be scheduled for further processing (i.e. when the I-360 is approved), which then forwards it further to a local field office. Still, I don't want to get your hopes up here.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

13 hours ago, Hope4me said:

Hi fam,

Yeah, just as @Demise said, congressional inquiry is the best option for now. It will enable you to get a general view about your case.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 hours ago, Hope4me said:

Hi fam,

You're probably approved, once that happens the case moves to the NBC, then the local office. Contact your congressperson to inquire on your behalf, Just give your congressperson your I-360 receipt number and ask him to inquire on your behalf.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You'll be thrilled to know that it is Wednesday and time for our Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
READING THE WILL

Abraham had died.  His lawyer was standing before the family to read Abraham's Last Will and Testament aloud.

"To my dear wife Esther, I leave the house, 50 acres of land, and 1 million dollars."

"To my son Barry, I leave my big Lexus and the Jaguar."

"To my daughter Suzy, I leave my yacht and $250,000."

"And to my brother-in-law Hymie, whom I promised to mention in my will:  "Hello there, Hymie."

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hi all - just checking in here :) Hope everyone is doing well and we got a lot more approvals since I last wrote here! I am still waiting on any status change myself. As a reminder, I got approval notice Sept 2022 (precisely 24 months after the file date) and now waiting on the next steps. However I got a few weird status changes "I130 was transferred to a new jurisdiction... why??" and "correspondence was received on my I360 already after I got approval". No changes on my I485. 

Hope to hear about my i485 soon! Can't wait to not renew my advanced parole haha

5 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

You'll be thrilled to know that it is Wednesday and time for our Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
READING THE WILL

Abraham had died.  His lawyer was standing before the family to read Abraham's Last Will and Testament aloud.

"To my dear wife Esther, I leave the house, 50 acres of land, and 1 million dollars."

"To my son Barry, I leave my big Lexus and the Jaguar."

"To my daughter Suzy, I leave my yacht and $250,000."

"And to my brother-in-law Hymie, whom I promised to mention in my will:  "Hello there, Hymie."

:P 

Wish someone would leave me $1m...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
4 hours ago, Deee Smith said:

Wish someone would leave me $1m...

Cute blondes have the inside track on that.  :P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

On 7/3/2023 at 9:22 PM, Demise said:

Hey question, anyone know how long it takes Nebraska Service Center (before you ask - that's where new VAWA I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131, I-864W, etc. go to) to actually intake the forms?

My AOS package (I-485, I-765, I-131, I-864w, G-1450) arrived June 21st, and so far radio silence (no receipts, no rejection, credit card hadn't been charged yet).

Yeah I know, hurry up and wait, I'm just antsy after years of dealing with immigration nonsense.

Hi Demise. Did you hear from them by any chance? They have received my package on June 14th and still nothing 😕

Edited by Inzya

15 minutes ago, Inzya said:

Hi Demise. Did you hear from them by any chance? They have received my package on June 14th and still nothing 😕

Nothing, messaged my senator yesterday to have them follow up.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

5 hours ago, Gratefulone said:

I know it takes a while after submitting the medical. How long did it take for you to get an approval? 

Hi

It's mostly depends on your field office.

Some take more longer to adjudicate your form I-485 than others.

The average time I have seen so far after receiving your medical is 30 days. But to be more relaxed, always give them 60 days.

Mine took less than 2 weeks after receiving my medical. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.