2,974 posts in this topic

On 11/10/2022 at 1:50 AM, J2020 said:

How long did they take to approve your 824?

When did you submit the 824? 

When was your 824 approved? And how long have you been waiting for the welcome letter from the NVC?

I have been waiting for so long 

I filed the i824 in June 2022, I didn't receive a receipt after 2 months so I contacted my congresswoman who inquired on my behalf.  I was then sent a receipt in August 2022 with receipt date of August 2022. I824 was approved Oct. 18, 2022. Still haven't received the welcome letter from NVC. Was told to wait 30days for it.

14 minutes ago, Sumar9909 said:

I filed the i824 in June 2022, I didn't receive a receipt after 2 months so I contacted my congresswoman who inquired on my behalf.  I was then sent a receipt in August 2022 with receipt date of August 2022. I824 was approved Oct. 18, 2022. Still haven't received the welcome letter from NVC. Was told to wait 30days for it.

Wow that’s so fast! So lucky 

I submitted i824 on April 2022 for them to transfer my approval to the NVC and im still waiting. They told my congressperson that I have to wait the processing time, which is now 16 months. I don’t understand and devastated by this long delay 

thank you for responding dear. 

Just now, J2020 said:

Wow that’s so fast! So lucky 

I submitted i824 on April 2022 for them to transfer my approval to the NVC and im still waiting. They told my congressperson that I have to wait the processing time, which is now 16 months. I don’t understand and devastated by this long delay 

thank you for responding dear. 

I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened to you. I'm currently in the US and I'm trying to get my kids here from Jamaica. 

3 minutes ago, Sumar9909 said:

I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened to you. I'm currently in the US and I'm trying to get my kids here from Jamaica. 

I’m glad you got approved sis and you will see your children soon ❤️🙏  

2 hours ago, sandranj said:

I suggest you to sponsor her when you become a U.S Citizen,because the 5 year- rule .You can read about this here https://www.patellegal.com/the-5-year-rule-getting-remarried-as-a-green-card-holder/

It takes around 8/12 months.

Thank you for your valuable insight Sandra. I read the article and it said you can prove your first marriage was bonafide, which I can do. So I think I want to  try because I really want to move on with my life, I’m getting older and would like children sooner than 5 years. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 11/9/2022 at 10:43 PM, Sumar9909 said:

@Pinkrlion Do you know how long the process is taking to get my deraritive from Jamaica? i already received my green card and i824 is approved for my two kids.

The process can take months

Once you get the welcome letter, you will receive a checklist as well with a KNG number for each child.  Because of VAWA status, everything will be mailed to you before you can begin the electronic process of paying the fees for derivatives, and the fee for Affidavit of Support.   All of your documents have to be mailed, you cannot electronically upload them.   BOTH CHILDREN WILL NEED UP TO DATE PASSPORTS.

You will get emails to register for ceac account to complete DS-260, and to set-up an account with   https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv  to schedule DHL delivery.

After you  get DQ - which is final approval, your file will go to Kingston.  They will not schedule interview until Kingston sends them an interview date.  You can email Kingston after your file is in Kingston to ask when they are going to interview IB6.  They will reply and let you now the timeframe.  They will take into consideration category and age of children when scheduling interview.  

Due to Kingston still dealing with COVID issues, and catching up on past interviews it may take a while after you are DQ'd

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
On 11/10/2022 at 12:50 AM, J2020 said:

How long did they take to approve your 824?

When did you submit the 824? 

When was your 824 approved? And how long have you been waiting for the welcome letter from the NVC?

I have been waiting for so long 

I submitted i824 for my children which is a different process then the i824 that you filed.  

Timeline
4 hours ago, sam012019 said:

Thanks. How can I expedite this to get interview or medicals rfe, my field office NBC Lee summit, can someone please suggest

NBC is not a field office, it is a clearing house before your file is sent to field office.  You are waiting in line when it is in Lee Summit.  Regardless of when you filed I-485 and asked it to be held, you start date is not until when NBC received your file from Vermont.  NBC will go through your file and check what you need and send you an RFE.  They will also send you the interview letter when they receive it from field office.  

Need your prayers guys. I finally sent my i-601 waiver . It took me almost 3 months to gather proofs for i-601.

As a reminder : I had 204c fraud on i130. Received NOID on i360 because of that 204c. Responded to NOID and i360 approved. Went for i485 interview last august and received a notice to submit i-601 waiver. Just sent the waiver and hopefully I get my green card.

32 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

The process can take months

Once you get the welcome letter, you will receive a checklist as well with a KNG number for each child.  Because of VAWA status, everything will be mailed to you before you can begin the electronic process of paying the fees for derivatives, and the fee for Affidavit of Support.   All of your documents have to be mailed, you cannot electronically upload them.   BOTH CHILDREN WILL NEED UP TO DATE PASSPORTS.

You will get emails to register for ceac account to complete DS-260, and to set-up an account with   https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv  to schedule DHL delivery.

After you  get DQ - which is final approval, your file will go to Kingston.  They will not schedule interview until Kingston sends them an interview date.  You can email Kingston after your file is in Kingston to ask when they are going to interview IB6.  They will reply and let you now the timeframe.  They will take into consideration category and age of children when scheduling interview.  

Due to Kingston still dealing with COVID issues, and catching up on past interviews it may take a while after you are DQ'd

Thanks for answering.  Will it be i864 or i864w form for the affidavit of support?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sumar9909 said:

Thanks for answering.  Will it be i864 or i864w form for the affidavit of support?

You will complete the I-864w.  

What evidence did you send with I-824 paperwork?  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.