Zin-Zin

DQ'd...now what?

8 posts in this topic

So my wife was DQ'd and is now waiting for the Paris consulate to schedule an interview. I'd like to thank a few people, namely @Crazy Cat, @pushbrk, and @ROK2USA for all their help answering so many of my questions. There are others, but those 3 have really been there for me and for that I am very grateful. Thank you! 

So...what comes next? We were DQ'd on the 6th of September. How long until the file is at the consulate in Paris? How long until the interview? How long after the interview until she has her visa (assuming, of course, everything goes smoothly.)?

I'm trying to avoid a lengthy family separation. In your opinion, if I buy a ticket to the USA (we're long time expats!), for myself and the kids on November 10, is it reasonable to think that my wife would be nearly done with the process by then? I know that these things are not an exact science, but I'd love to hear what you think. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Zin-Zin said:

So my wife was DQ'd and is now waiting for the Paris consulate to schedule an interview. I'd like to thank a few people, namely @Crazy Cat, @pushbrk, and @ROK2USA for all their help answering so many of my questions. There are others, but those 3 have really been there for me and for that I am very grateful. Thank you! 

So...what comes next? We were DQ'd on the 6th of September. How long until the file is at the consulate in Paris? How long until the interview? How long after the interview until she has her visa (assuming, of course, everything goes smoothly.)?

I'm trying to avoid a lengthy family separation. In your opinion, if I buy a ticket to the USA (we're long time expats!), for myself and the kids on November 10, is it reasonable to think that my wife would be nearly done with the process by then? I know that these things are not an exact science, but I'd love to hear what you think. 

It depends on how backlogged (if any) the Paris consulate is. You might want to check the timeliness of other French cases to get a sense of the timing.

Also, never ever buy tickets until the visa is in hand and checked for correctness.

1 hour ago, Zin-Zin said:

Are you planning on moving to the US before your wife or would you like her to fly with you?

Most recent timeline out of Paris shows DQ June 23, 2022 and Interview Date October 19, 2022 - 4 months. 

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=383362

The other two cases only have a 2 month waiting time between DQ and interview date. 

I would hold off on any further steps/planning until you receive your interview date. It might be as early as November or as late as next January. 

Good luck! And congratulations on your DQ. 

2 hours ago, nastra30 said:

It depends on how backlogged (if any) the Paris consulate is. You might want to check the timeliness of other French cases to get a sense of the timing.

Also, never ever buy tickets until the visa is in hand and checked for correctness.

Thanks. We're not buying tickets for her, just me and the kids. We'll wait for her visa. 

1 hour ago, ROK2USA said:

Are you planning on moving to the US before your wife or would you like her to fly with you?

Most recent timeline out of Paris shows DQ June 23, 2022 and Interview Date October 19, 2022 - 4 months. 

The other two cases only have a 2 month waiting time between DQ and interview date. 

I would hold off on any further steps/planning until you receive your interview date. It might be as early as November or as late as next January. 

Yes, we need to be back in the USA by mid November for other reasons. What I am aiming to avoid is a long, unknown length of separation. The kids are still pretty young and will miss their momma. 

4 months! Man, that seems long. I hope that's b/c of summer holidays. France has quite a long vacation where most bureaucratic things just stop. Not sure if it applies to the US consulate as well.

1 hour ago, ROK2USA said:

This case is what I'm hoping the current "normal" is. 

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=405694

• 2 weeks later...

~~ Duplicate thread removed. Please do not start multiple threads asking same or related questions ~~

2 hours ago, Zin-Zin said:

My wife was DQ'd on the 6th of September. According to CEAC, the case is still at NVC

When will it move to the Paris consulate? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.