fidati

EAD Received, NOT SSN

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello people, I have a question. I just received my Work Authorization on 08/06/2022 under Venezuela TPS Protection and after 3-4 weeks (and my ex-lawyer not giving me the next steps of what to do, just telling me "they are taking too long with that" what is not a reality at this moment.) I decided to go to my local SSA Office (09/08/2022) and request the SSN. I went with all the documentation and they gave me the form SSA-5028 and told me to wait for a max of 2 weeks for my SSN Card.

The real question is, my TPS and Work permit expired this 09/09/2022, may I still will receive my SSN card?

----

I checked today the SAVE CaseCheck and it say: Case Status: Case Returned to Agency | Description: SAVE has returned your case to Maryland - Social Security Administration, SSA (Single Signon) (WS37) | What Do I Do Next?: Please Contact Maryland - Social Security Administration, SSA (Single Signon) (WS37) to get more information about your case status.

What should I do? Is that normal or it means my social is already denied? Please help, im new in this process.

PS with more info about the status: TPS status is expired but re-registration just opened this 09/09/2022, so I will re-register for sure to maintain my status.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Your work authorization was only valid for 1 month? 🤔

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Wait until you have a valid work permit and apply for SSN again.

Also my work permit is category A12, I have an automatic extension of 180 days, even in the SSA website mention what are the work permit valid, also even says that there's is not problem if I submit for SSN less than 14 days EAD expired, the problem is when the extension is about to expire.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Timona said:

Your work authorization was only valid for 1 month? 🤔

Yea, is because is under Venezuela TPS and they just approved 110K tps of 320k but most of them were approved just a month ago with the ead with expiration date of 09/09/2022 (the original venezuela tps expiration date), but that same day, they re-open for re-registration for tps and renew any documents. On re registration my documents should have a expire that of may 2024.

Edited by vzlandan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Then renew immediately 

Certainly, this is a waste of resources by USCIS..why approve something that'll expire in a month? They could have just approved it for the next fiscal cylce

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Your status in SAVE is the normal status that's given after they're done with it. It simply means they did their checks and returned their findings to SSA. Nothing indicates that your application was denied. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Your status in SAVE is the normal status that's given after they're done with it. It simply means they did their checks and returned their findings to SSA. Nothing indicates that your application was denied. 

Thank you for your answer👍. That's what I thought after some research and reading the Verification Process.

I will keep an update of my SSN process, hope everything goes well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.