King•Adan

August 2022 - I130 filers

103 posts in this topic

On 6/19/2023 at 9:05 PM, yellow_fever said:

Aug 2022 filer here too. my friend filed in January of 2023 and his case got approved in April.
I just feel it's unfair. He is a doctor moving back to the US with his wife though. Wonder if it has anything to do with his occupation. h

what's your receipt block ? just curious ? I want to see if mine is close to yours or of those in July.. see my other posts 

mine is Receipt BlockIOE-98-424

19 minutes ago, Far and Away said:

this website shows all the cases that are getting approved. it goes based on the receipt numbers and I didn't think it was real at first but it is pretty accurate. 
you can even click on other peoples receipt numbers and it takes you to their account and shows the " exact message they got from the USCIS "  . it will show the beginning of the timeline and ending of the time line . 
https://www.casestatusext.com/approvals/I-130/IOE-LB

BLOCK - 98-141

2 minutes ago, Bill_ said:

BLOCK - 98-141

thanks . that basically confirms that uscis is going based on when the case is being " actively being reviewed"  and not when you submit . this whole time I was thinking that I was with the July applications but since my receipt matches yours I suppose im in august. 

I applied July 15th 2022. I received my NOA1 august 14th 2022.    so yours and my receipt both start with IOE-98

currently on https://www.casestatusext.com/approvals/I-130/IOE-LB the cases getting approved for June are IOE-09 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
23 hours ago, Far and Away said:

thanks . that basically confirms that uscis is going based on when the case is being " actively being reviewed"  and not when you submit . this whole time I was thinking that I was with the July applications but since my receipt matches yours I suppose im in august. 

I applied July 15th 2022. I received my NOA1 august 14th 2022.    so yours and my receipt both start with IOE-98

currently on https://www.casestatusext.com/approvals/I-130/IOE-LB the cases getting approved for June are IOE-09 

I remember reading somewhere (maybe Reddit?) that casestatusext.com can't track IOE-9XX, as those case numbers does not seem to be consecutive and they seem to be generated randomly and the creator of the website has not found a pattern yet, not sure if anything has changed though. We applied online on Aug 28th and received NOA1 on Aug 31st and our receipt is IOE-946. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, mikojesz said:

I remember reading somewhere (maybe Reddit?) that casestatusext.com can't track IOE-9XX, as those case numbers does not seem to be consecutive and they seem to be generated randomly and the creator of the website has not found a pattern yet, not sure if anything has changed though. We applied online on Aug 28th and received NOA1 on Aug 31st and our receipt is IOE-946. 

Mine applied in Jan 2023 with NOA1 in March 2023, but still case number starts with IOE-946

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just as a data point, our NOA 1 was dated 18 AUG 2022 from the Potomac Center. Our receipt number is IOE938.......

Our VJ timeline is estimating the next notice between July and September, 2023.

uscis.gov processing time says 16 months for 80% of cases complete, which would work out to November-ish.

Obviously the former would be nice, but we're assuming the latter is far more likely (and even then hoping we're not in the slow 20%).

We were assuming 18 months when we filed so even 16 months is an improvement (though moving from Thailand to Pittsburgh in winter may not be the nicest transition).

Anyway, we're hanging in there. Stay strong - and good luck everyone.

On 4/13/2023 at 11:25 AM, Nissy & Ray said:

Thanks to whoever created this group.

Online filling by my attorney: 8/11/22 

NOA1: 8/11/22 TX SC

Transferred on the 8/11/22 Potomac SC - was NEVER notified (in March I called 800-375-5283 and was asked what I needed, I said "info pass" and was transferred to a live rep within 5 minutes)

On the same day after talking to the rep I saw we went from 5 months to 7 months remaining.

Now in April, we are still at 7 months. 

I think the time increased, however, after entering my info on this site today, VJ is giving an estimated time of approval between 8/18 and 8/27/23.   Based on my research on this site, Potomac is averaging 12 months, even tho the new processing time on USCIS says 16 month.  Do you all think it is too late to request that my attorney file the K3?  I'm concerned that it could extend my process time or be transferred to a slower SC like Vermont.

After a lot deeeeeep prayers, I'm happy to say we got approved yesterday.  Received email notification this morning.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hi all...joining this thread....IR5 category here (parents of US citizens).....I-130 NOA date = August 19, 2022.  Texas Service Center.  Good luck everyone!

Edited by Duncan21

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. 
Our case was approved today. 
NOA1 : Aug 17 2022

AR : Jan 22 2023

NOA2 : Jul 18 2023( 11 months +1 day).

I filed by mail, got receipt from Potomac. 3 months later, I messaged to USCIS to ask where my case is. They replied it’s in Vermont so I am sure the approval came from VSC
I got notification from the USCIS app about my case was AR. Then I login to my USCIS Account and saw the Approval letter under Documents tab. 
Good luck everyone. 

So happy to share that we got approved last week! I checked our status on Monday and saw that the case is still being "actively reviewed" but that the status was last updated 3 days ago. I got curious why it would say that it was last updated 3 days ago when the status is still the same. To my surprise when I checked the documents tab, I saw that there was an approval notice sent in the mail already.

Yesterday, they officially updated the case status to "case closed" and I just got the official notification today via text and email. Our AR was Feb 2023 and our NOA1 was Aug 2022. Initially our service center was at Potomac but we got transferred to Vermont then finally to the Texas service center. 

Hope everyone gets their approval letters soon! Good luck to all of us! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.