King•Adan

August 2022 - I130 filers

103 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/21/2023 at 11:48 AM, persaud said:

So stressful on the brain , saturday coming will make a year for me as well . Received RFE on the 24th of July , submitted on the 26th case is back to taking longer than expected since 🤦‍♀️

I guess an RFE at least means they have looked at it! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all,

Just updating that today we received an email letting us we've become Documentary Qualified. The review took 11 days since we submitted all documents. Our consulate seems to take close to a year after becoming DQ to schedule interviews, so we're not expecting any news until next year.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just found out today our case got transferred to Vermont which has the worst processing times - cannot even submit an inquiry request until April 2024. Trying to remain positive - I myself am an immigration attorney so thought I would have good karma through this process. Trying very hard to not get discouraged working on cases filed after mine that get approved, because I am just happy for anyone making it through this process!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 8/5/2023 at 4:44 PM, Oreo96 said:

Hello everyone,

We have an update! We just got our I-130 approved on August 3rd, 2023!! We are still waiting for the approval letter to come in the mail though. Does anyone know when we should expect to receive the NVC welcome letter?

Hey everyone,

Here are some updates from our case:

September 29th, 2023 We submitted all of our documents to NVC through CEAC.

October 6th, 2023 : We ended up having to resubmit one and we resubmitted it on this date.

October 16th, 2023 : We got DQ!!

November 6th, 2023 : Received our Interview Date by email!

Does anyone know if they also mail out a letter before the interview or if we need to print out the email that we received and bring it to the interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
On 11/9/2023 at 10:32 AM, Oreo96 said:

Hey everyone,

Here are some updates from our case:

September 29th, 2023 We submitted all of our documents to NVC through CEAC.

October 6th, 2023 : We ended up having to resubmit one and we resubmitted it on this date.

October 16th, 2023 : We got DQ!!

November 6th, 2023 : Received our Interview Date by email!

Does anyone know if they also mail out a letter before the interview or if we need to print out the email that we received and bring it to the interview?

Very nice - congratulations!  Similarly,

October 13, 2023 - Submitted all documents to NVC via CEAC

October 29, 2023 - Submitted additional documents

November 7, 2023 - DQ

Now just awaiting interview date.  I was wondering how backlogged NVC is post-DQ and awaiting interview dates so this gives me some hope.  The category for us is IR5 (parents of US citizens).

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 11/10/2023 at 10:16 PM, Duncan21 said:

Very nice - congratulations!  Similarly,

October 13, 2023 - Submitted all documents to NVC via CEAC

October 29, 2023 - Submitted additional documents

November 7, 2023 - DQ

Now just awaiting interview date.  I was wondering how backlogged NVC is post-DQ and awaiting interview dates so this gives me some hope.  The category for us is IR5 (parents of US citizens).

Congratulations!!! It took us 3 weeks to get ours by email, this might also depend on the consulate. I hope you get your interview date soon!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.