Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,135 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, KO7 said:

No, very disappointing.  Trying to figure out why my DQ date from Oct '20 to Sept '22.    My employer's immigration attorney has reached out to both the NVC and Montreal.  No insight has been given.  I'm considering having my case switched to Dublin.  I have Irish citizenship.   

that's really odd... Did you inquire or change something in Sept last year? You might be up for the August or October interview rounds though, given the DQ date movement from this round of ILs. They cleared to Feb 2022 seems like!

12 minutes ago, Ali1999 said:

@ip120 and @Monash did you both receive letters this month? It looks like you have similar DQ dates to people who did.

I think Monash has unfortunately be caught in retrogression... 

18 hours ago, David San said:

I see in excel sheet, country of chargeability ROW. which country is ROW?

What's your Priority Date?

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/4/2023 at 11:45 AM, KDEE said:

@KO7 Did you get IL?

@ALCNeither me nor the attorney know why the date changed.  We didn't submit anything.   

You bring up a good point about the recent progress in processing.  I might just hold back and hopefully get an IL in the next 3-4 months.

4 hours ago, KO7 said:

@ALCNeither me nor the attorney know why the date changed.  We didn't submit anything.   

You bring up a good point about the recent progress in processing.  I might just hold back and hopefully get an IL in the next 3-4 months.

Don't make major life decisions based on what some random guy said on the internet obviously, but if you have an H1-b, nothing is on the verge of expiring and can afford to wait (no plans to change jobs etc.), Montreal might be the easiest and cheapest way to get a GC. 

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, ALC said:

Don't make major life decisions based on what some random guy said on the internet obviously, but if you have an H1-b, nothing is on the verge of expiring and can afford to wait (no plans to change jobs etc.), Montreal might be the easiest and cheapest way to get a GC. 

Agree - erroring on the conservative side.

3 hours ago, jw5851 said:

I have dumb questions. 

What is the D260? Do i still need to register online after receiving IL? What is the free courier service?

Thanks

DS 260 is the immigrant application form that you fill and submit after NVC reaches out to you once they've received your I-140 approved petition. 

Yes, you need to register online after receiving your IL. 

If you get the documents sent to one of the pick up locations allowed after your immigrant visa has been approved, the service is free. If you choose a particular location that you want documents to be dropped off at after your immigrant visa has been approved, you can choose that at an additional cost.

Hello everyone, can someone please share a template for the employment letter that you may have used? It's for EB2. 

Any details that must be specified in the letter. Also, does the letter have to be hand signed or an electronically signed one also works (my company gives letters with scanned signatures).

Thanks for your help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.