Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,201 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, RamosL said:

Hi, but how can it take almost 2 years for an interview to be scheduled?

is it worth transferring the interview location to my country of birth, Brazil?

the sheet you've shared above is a little confusing to me as it doesn't show full complete data.

Because COVID happened and Montreal was shut down for months.  They have focused on reducing the backlog for all the other immigrant categories first.  They just really started to work on clearing the EB category in the last couple months.  I'd guess it could be another 7-10 months wait for you depending on how much they can clear at once.  If they clear more than a few months at a time, it could be 4 months.  Nobody really knows.

Brazil is moving much more quickly than Montreal.  I believe it is only a few months wait there.  Someone from Brazil shared their dates on the google doc.

The google doc is complied with whatever information people have shared or are willing to share.

15 minutes ago, 3LabMom said:

Because COVID happened and Montreal was shut down for months.  They have focused on reducing the backlog for all the other immigrant categories first.  They just really started to work on clearing the EB category in the last couple months.  I'd guess it could be another 7-10 months wait for you depending on how much they can clear at once.  If they clear more than a few months at a time, it could be 4 months.  Nobody really knows.

Brazil is moving much more quickly than Montreal.  I believe it is only a few months wait there.  Someone from Brazil shared their dates on the google doc.

The google doc is complied with whatever information people have shared or are willing to share.

Thanks for your quick response.

I will chat with my lawyer to see if we can initiate the transfer of case to Brazil as this long wait is killing us here and we are missing important business opportunities.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, RamosL said:

I will chat with my lawyer to see if we can initiate the transfer of case to Brazil as this long wait is killing us here and we are missing important business opportunities.

I hear you, but waiting for one year is killing you already? My I-140 was filed and approved 13 years ago and I am still waiting.

~~

Timeline
5 minutes ago, RamosL said:

I would have transferred if I had the option.  Our life has been in limbo for the last 18 ish months.  We are nearing the end of the wait thankfully.

22 hours ago, farzady said:

Nothing for me. mine last update is Feb 10.

Looks to me you have nothing to worry. Since your last update data being shown as Feb 10, I believe the Consulate received your medical results and updated your case. Otherwise you last update date would have been the date you received your interview letter. I strongly feel you should be good for 2/24. Maybe confirmation email from Consulate in this regard would help. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, DTCC said:

Looks to me you have nothing to worry. Since your last update data being shown as Feb 10, I believe the Consulate received your medical results and updated your case. Otherwise you last update date would have been the date you received your interview letter. I strongly feel you should be good for 2/24. Maybe confirmation email from Consulate in this regard would help. 

No, my medical results are still with Dr. Lyndon. I think Consulate started working on my file to open my account. That's the reason for the last update is changed to Feb 10.

31 minutes ago, farzady said:

No, my medical results are still with Dr. Lyndon. I think Consulate started working on my file to open my account. That's the reason for the last update is changed to Feb 10.

Ok, Understood. Hope  this gets resolved in the coming week so that you should be good for 2/24. Let me know when you get udpates.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/12/2023 at 11:08 AM, DTCC said:

Ok, Understood. Hope  this gets resolved in the coming week so that you should be good for 2/24. Let me know when you get udpates.

Finally, I’ve got confirmation from dr. Lyndon our medical file is activated and he is going to submit. 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

did anyone try consulting with an immigration attorney to get a training for the interview or at least review the application and get some suggestions or tips before attending the consulate interview? My employer's attorney did what they can by providing a job reference letter but nothing more. Just curious what you guys are doing or thinking about the whole process? Thanks 👍

~~

Timeline
10 minutes ago, agrisiva said:

did anyone try consulting with an immigration attorney to get a training for the interview or at least review the application and get some suggestions or tips before attending the consulate interview? My employer's attorney did what they can by providing a job reference letter but nothing more. Just curious what you guys are doing or thinking about the whole process? Thanks 👍

Our lawyer told us as soon as we have a date they will do some interview practice with us.  I think it's a great idea!

7 hours ago, 3LabMom said:

Our lawyer told us as soon as we have a date they will do some interview practice with us.  I think it's a great idea!

It would be good to have an idea on the kind of questions to expect at the interview. I see lot of compiled list of FAQ's with interview questions in the IR1/CR1 categories, but not seen for EB category

12 hours ago, ACC24 said:

It would be good to have an idea on the kind of questions to expect at the interview. I see lot of compiled list of FAQ's with interview questions in the IR1/CR1 categories, but not seen for EB category

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14yZKxht6igwJPXPU0EehKmmN2hx1g3EchEuB5G0yNO4/edit#gid=0

If you click on the bottom tab named Interview Questions, you will be able to see the typical questions that they will ask.

I'm not sure how different the questions from the embassy will be compared to USCIS but my feeling is that the questions will be very similar.

I did my green card interview (EB2-NIW) in the USCIS office in Boston and I thought it was a big waste of time.

They asked me about my job and I had to explain what kind of research that I was doing (I'm a scientist).

After that, they literally ask me questions that were on my application like "1- If I was part of an organization that wanted to harm to the US government or 2- if I was part of a terrorist organization or 3- if I was in a polygamist relationship".

Just be honest and the interview process should be fairly straight forward.

Edited by DrJh07

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.