Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,201 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, farzady said:

Not yet. Yesterday Montreal sent me an email and told me they are reviewing and will contact me shortly.

Today, they sent an email to dr and told him they sent another request for my case and asked him to wait a few more days.

I am thinking for rescheduling my interview with this case.

Sorry to hear. Since you see email going out to doctors office  from Consulate regarding your case, Hope it gets resolved by mid next week and you can make it for 2/24. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 minutes ago, DTCC said:

Sorry to hear. Since you see email going out to doctors office  from Consulate regarding your case, Hope it gets resolved by mid next week and you can make it for 2/24. 

yeah, also I saw my case was updated on CEAC today. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, DTCC said:

Case status was updated to Ready?

that one was ready from invitation letter date, but below the Ready you have two dates: one is for case creation date and the other is for last update.

last update is important date and it shows the last date that an officer open your file.

1 hour ago, farzady said:

that one was ready from invitation letter date, but below the Ready you have two dates: one is for case creation date and the other is for last update.

last update is important date and it shows the last date that an officer open your file.

Got it. Thanks! Just received email from Consulate that they received my medical results.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, farzady said:

This is a silly question, but where are you finding the last update date?  And where are you seeing ready?

Timeline
17 hours ago, 3LabMom said:

This is a silly question, but where are you finding the last update date?  And where are you seeing ready?

you can check your case status in: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx and under the case status you can see those dates.

Hello everyone, I've been following the thread but can't seem to find the info I am looking for.

I received the email from NVC on Dec 7th 22 stating that I should wait for a new email confirming an interview date in Canada (probably Montreal) but it has been so long and I'm not sure what the estimated time is for that interview to happen. 
Does anyone have any idea?
Thanks 🙏

My timeline:
Case sent on July 2nd, 2021
Case Approved on February 16, 2022
Case sent to dept of state on Aug 24, 2022
Email from NVC confirming interview date pending to be scheduled: Dec 7th, 2022

Timeline
1 hour ago, farzady said:

you can check your case status in: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx and under the case status you can see those dates.

This is what I see when I open mine.  There have never been any dates.

image.png.9bfc379d4ecda5cc98e8fd82a1929ba0.png

Timeline
36 minutes ago, RamosL said:

Hello everyone, I've been following the thread but can't seem to find the info I am looking for.

I received the email from NVC on Dec 7th 22 stating that I should wait for a new email confirming an interview date in Canada (probably Montreal) but it has been so long and I'm not sure what the estimated time is for that interview to happen. 
Does anyone have any idea?
Thanks 🙏

My timeline:
Case sent on July 2nd, 2021
Case Approved on February 16, 2022
Case sent to dept of state on Aug 24, 2022
Email from NVC confirming interview date pending to be scheduled: Dec 7th, 2022

You can have a look at this for an idea of when you might get an interview - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14yZKxht6igwJPXPU0EehKmmN2hx1g3EchEuB5G0yNO4/edit#gid=0

Right now they are currently scheduling cases that were documentarily qualified around April 2021.  Looks like you were probably documentarily qualified in Dec 2022.  There will likely be a bit of a wait yet.

2 minutes ago, 3LabMom said:

You can have a look at this for an idea of when you might get an interview - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14yZKxht6igwJPXPU0EehKmmN2hx1g3EchEuB5G0yNO4/edit#gid=0

Right now they are currently scheduling cases that were documentarily qualified around April 2021.  Looks like you were probably documentarily qualified in Dec 2022.  There will likely be a bit of a wait yet.

Hi, but how can it take almost 2 years for an interview to be scheduled?

is it worth transferring the interview location to my country of birth, Brazil?

the sheet you've shared above is a little confusing to me as it doesn't show full complete data.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.