Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,188 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, 3LabMom said:

Is there any way to ask to have a tier 2 officer or higher from the NVC call you to confirm this?  I would be very upset if they told me it was scheduled and then that it wasn't.

I dont know, the only way that I know is inquiry. even they dont reply to the regular mail.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Leeching Spouse said:

From my understanding, Montreal is the one who decides whether a case is interviewed, not NVC. From expedited request perspective, it is also Montreal that decides whether a case can be expedited or not. NVC has no power to expedite a case.

Montreal is the one who notifies NVC for their available spots for the interview the NVC schedules the interviews and it should be based on the first in first out but it seems its not.

I dont know about the expedited process.

Edited by farzady

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, TheMaverick said:

Is this option even applicable for immigrant visa processing:

Source: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/update-on-worldwide-visa-operations.html

For Those Navigating Long Interview Wait Times

Our goal is to provide a visa interview for every applicant who requires one, worldwide, in a reasonable timeframe.  Although our processing capacity is rebounding faster than projected, we know that visa applicants still face lengthy wait times at some embassies and consulates.  We urge any visa applicant who can travel to another embassy or consulate with shorter wait times to consider doing so.  There is no penalty for applying anywhere appointments are available, even outside your home country.  For the latest information about wait times, see https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas.html.

I believe this is only an option for non immigrant visas.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, Lkkclub123 said:

Hi everyone, I am DQ in February 2022, can someone help me predict the date when I will receive the interview letter? thanks

At current pace, hopefully you'll get call in 2nd quarter of next year.

Edited by samq26

Hi, I am currently working in the US on TN visa and am DQed in October 2020. I was hoping to get IL from NVC/Montreal Consulate atleast by March/April 2023 (Fingers crossed but not sure by looking at the inconsistent way of sending out ILs by NVC and the way priority given to EB folks by Montreal consulate.).

Question: For interview, I will be flying out of US and will be staying in Montreal until my IV gets done (with presumption all goes fine with no AP). Post interview, Do I have to extend my stay in Montreal until I collect my passport to get back to US Or Can Consulate mail my passport out to my US address? With latter, Just wondering about my entry into US with no passport in place. Any insight would be of immense  help!

Thanks in advance for your time and help!

Timeline
Just now, DTCC said:

Hi, I am currently working in the US on TN visa and am DQed in October 2020. I was hoping to get IL from NVC/Montreal Consulate atleast by March/April 2023 (Fingers crossed but not sure by looking at the inconsistent way of sending out ILs by NVC and the way priority given to EB folks by Montreal consulate.).

Question: For interview, I will be flying out of US and will be staying in Montreal until my IV gets done (with presumption all goes fine with no AP). Post interview, Do I have to extend my stay in Montreal until I collect my passport to get back to US Or Can Consulate mail my passport out to my US address? With latter, Just wondering about my entry into US with no passport in place. Any insight would be of immense  help!

I wouldn't enter the USA without a passport... even if you have Nexus.

Timeline
1 hour ago, DTCC said:

@Leeching Spouse Thank you for your response. I do not have nexus.  Is it safe to presume that I have to extend my stay in Montreal until I get my passport from Consulate? In that case, I have to book one way to ticket to Montreal.

You can also book a refundable ticket but that might be more costly.

@DTCC Yes, you will need to extend your stay in Canada until you get your passport back. After my interview back in January, the Consulate sent me back my passport with the immigrant visa in it as well as a sealed envelope with documents. When you get to the border, you have to hand in the unopened envelope and your passport. They will open the envelope and review its content, probably take your fingerprints once again and then stamp the immigrant visa that the consulate put in your passport. Once it is stamped, it becomes your temporary green card which is valid for one year while you wait for your physical green card to come in the mail at your US address. You can travel during that time. If you requested a new SSN card in your DS-260, it will also be mailed to that address after you enter the US.  

5 hours ago, DTCC said:

No, it has to be a mailing address in Canada, if everything goes well and you receive your immigration visa and passport within 10 days,  you have to re-entry US by using your immigration visa as your new status in US. 

3 hours ago, DTCC said:

Thank you @kachab. Noted your details.

May I know how long it takes to get the passport back after the interview date? I guess it's subjective and varies from case to case but If I know the normal processing time would help!

I had my interview on a Wednesday morning and they told me at the end of the interview that I would get my passport back within 2-3 weeks. However, the next day I received the tracking info and I picked up my passport at the post office in Ottawa on Friday morning. 

Folks I want to send a general email to montreal consulate to express some dissatisfaction on how they are not prioritizing EB category even when the the guidance to posts for the prioritization of consular services during the pandemic issued in November 2020 has been rescinded. Can someone provide the montreal consulate email address for this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.