Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,202 posts in this topic

I posted this before but if any of you have any idea or in this situation please let me know .

I am an Indian citizen my EB2 DQ date is Mar-16-2021 for Montreal consulate, at the same time I am also waiting for my Canadian citizenship . Question is what is the implication of my citizenship status change while waiting for my Interview date for AOS ? Appreciate your reply on this,.

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/3/2022 at 4:34 PM, farzady said:

I dont receive any IL, my DQ date is accurate and my case is still at NVC.

I am not sure about those before me on the tracker.

My DQ date is Sept 1st. 2020 and I have not received any update yet. My case still shows at NVC, checked via CEAC site. I will keep you posted on my progress.

5 hours ago, KDEE said:

That’s some good progress in Montreal.

I have a question - I went to India for 3 weeks this year so should I get my PCC done again from India or the previous one still stands good?

Is the Indian PCC required from Canadian Citizens who have surrendered Indian Passport? My lawyer advised that Indian Government does not issue PCC to non-citizens who reside outside of India, so Indian PCC is not required. 

However, the Toronto Indian Consulate has a form for former Indian Citizens to request Indian PCC. My case is DQ in July 2022 and NVC did not ask for Indian PCC. Please advise. 

1 hour ago, Sun87 said:

Is the Indian PCC required from Canadian Citizens who have surrendered Indian Passport? My lawyer advised that Indian Government does not issue PCC to non-citizens who reside outside of India, so Indian PCC is not required. 

However, the Toronto Indian Consulate has a form for former Indian Citizens to request Indian PCC. My case is DQ in July 2022 and NVC did not ask for Indian PCC. Please advise. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/India.html

Click on Police, Court, Prison Records

Hello everyone. I'm in the same path as most of you, EB2-NIW, currently waiting for my IL. I have a question about US address. I've seen some people mention "providing a US address" during the consular interview. I also read a post by @pow123 , who also mentioned a US address during the interview. Does anyone know if we need to provide a US address to the consular officer during the interview? Any insight is much appreciated. Thanks. 

25 minutes ago, Blueeyes1989 said:

@Sun87 You need India PCC. Apply at BLS in Montreal/Toronto/Vancouver. Previous Indian citizens are eligible to apply. Current processing time is 10 weeks, so apply asap.

@Blueeyes1989Thanks much for clarifying this. I will apply for PCC right away. I am not anticipating for IL anytime soon, but doesnt hurt to get one ahead of the time. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.