Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,174 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, topman said:

@VA21202 I reviewed 200+ pages of this thread and compiled a comprehensive list of interview questions that were ever asked by MTL. I’ve now added this list of all the interview questions to the EB tracker spreadsheet (interview question tab).

Sorry to hear about the extra wait here @topman. I pray that you hear back soon and everything turns out great for you. Hang in there, hats off to you. Thanks so much for sharing the detailed experience as well as for going through the process of reading through all and compiling for the benefit of everyone else here. Really wishing the best for you! 

Dear group members,

I got tired of the long wait and decided to try my luck with AOS. I applied for a job, got the offer and they filed for O-1 visa. My O-1 is approved with my Indian passport details which is soon going to be unusable. I am becoming a Canadian citizen this month. Do I need to get my O-1 visa stamped at US consulate in Canada after becoming Canadian citizen? I have read on the USCIS website, that Canadians don't need a nonimmigrant visa to enter into United States. Please let me know what to do in this case?

On 10/1/2022 at 9:30 PM, ak47 said:

Hi Group,.

Hope you are having a good weekend..

Any news on Interview letters this month ?

Website was just updated with the following:

"As of October 3, 2022, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in July 2022;  most Family Preference cases scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in April 2021; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in September 2020."

No idea if users on the google sheet are not active or Montreal is just publishing innacurate dates..

The disparity between categories is getting more and more ridiculous... 

6 hours ago, miv2331 said:

"As of October 3, 2022, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in July 2022;  most Family Preference cases scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in April 2021; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in September 2020."

No idea if users on the google sheet are not active or Montreal is just publishing innacurate dates..

Hang on... isn't this a good thing?

I remember Employment cases for Jun 2020 were being processed in the previous update, i.e. they completed 2 to 3 months in a single round.

Unless I misread the previous update.

Can anyone verify?

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, can_do said:

Hang on... isn't this a good thing?

I remember Employment cases for Jun 2020 were being processed in the previous update, i.e. they completed 2 to 3 months in a single round.

Unless I misread the previous update.

Can anyone verify?

Thanks.

This was the previous update:

As of September 7, 2022, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal
 were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in June 2022;  most Family Preference cases scheduled for 
 interview were documentarily qualified in November 2020; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were 
 documentarily complete in June 2020.

And the one before that for more context:

As of August 8, 2022, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal 
were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in May 2022;  most Family Preference cases scheduled for 
interview were documentarily qualified in August 2020; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were 
documentarily complete in April 2020.

Edited by immishok

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, miv2331 said:

I dont receive any IL, my DQ date is accurate and my case is still at NVC.

I am not sure about those before me on the tracker.

Edited by farzady

8 hours ago, miv2331 said:

Hopefully, hordes of EBs will be cleared out soon, once Family Preference catches up.

Grasping on anything at this point.

37 minutes ago, farzady said:

I dont receive any IL, my DQ date is accurate and my case is still at NVC.

I am not sure about those before me on the tracker.

If not this, then definitely next month. Good luck.

2 hours ago, LZG said:

Dear all,

This forum has given me tremendous supports and great info in the past, thanks all!

For those are in still in the waiting, i rec'd IL Oct 3 10pm PST, interview is scheduled on Nov 23, 10:15am, DQ date is Sep 11, 2020.

Yours will come soon !!!!!!!!!

Congrats on IL! Just before the American thanksgiving!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.