Emily8460

CR1- Interview Preparation Questions

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hi There, 

I am an USC petitioning my Tunisian Husband for a CR1 Visa. We both currently living in Tunisia. We have previously got DQed, Have done the medical examination and we have received the Interview date at the end of August 2022. 

We have few Questions if you guys can help. 

Question 1:  Our Joint sponsor doesn’t have a passport. The Consulate requested A passport biographic page copy of joint sponsor (My Dad). 

We have provided birth certificate/ Voter registration/ Driving license. Is that enough?

Question 2: Shall we upload all new added document to the CEAC online or we just take them with us to the Interview? Will that affects our DQ?

Question 3: What Copies/Original to provide to the Consulate?

Question 4: We haven’t submitted any Photos proof of relationship at the NVC stage (We only did at the USCIS Stage) We are preparing an updated albums. Shall we submit that online or we just bring it with us to the Interview?

Question 5: How should we organize the paper. Should I stack them on top of each other as a whole pile or divide them into different folders. 

Question 6: Please double check the documents we will submit on the day of the interview and let us know if we missing anything. 

Beneficiary: 

• 1- Copy of Interview letter (Email from the embassy)
  • 2- Original Passport 
  • 3- Copy of DS-260 Confirmation page 
  • 4- Copy of beneficiary passport biographic photo 
  • 5- Original of Birth certificate + translation into English.
  • 6-Original police certificate + translation into English from Tunisia and China (Lived in China for 8 years)
  • 7-Medical Clearance 
  • 8-Three pictures 5 cm by 5 cm (white background, no glasses) 

Petitioner: 

• 1-Passport copy 
  • 2-Birth certificate copy 
  • 3-I-864 signed with an Ink pen 
  • 4-Tax return for 2021/ 2020/2019 (Not IRS)
  • 5-Letter explaining missing W2 (Spouse have been working abroad) 
  • 6-Proof of petitioner Status & Domicile 
  • A-Voter information card showing permanent US address 
  • B-American Express credit card statement showing US billing address 
  • C-Wells Fargo bank statement showing permanent US address 
  • D-Florida driving license 
  • E-Robinhood Stock fund statement 
  • F-University welcome letter showing address and acceptance 
  • G-Resignation from past employer in china 
  • H-Job applications in the US 
  • I-Relocation costs from a shipping company 

Joint Sponsor 

• 1-Proof of Status 
  • 2-Birth certificate copy 
  • 3-Driving License 
  • 4-Voting Voucher 
  • 5-I-864 signed with an Ink pen 
  • 6-Tax return for 2021/ 2020/2019 (Not IRS) with W2s
  • 7-Proof of Domicile & Financial Support
  • A-Employment certificate 
  • B-I864 AOS letter 
  • C-Bank statement 
  • D-Quitclaim Deed
  • E-Electric bill statement 

Any other tips to prepare or succeed the Interview are appreciated. 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

~~ Topic moved from Bringing Family of US citizens to CR1/IR1 spousal visa forum - Brining Family members is for other immediate relatives besides the spouse ~~

Why was this moved? 

3 minutes ago, Emily8460 said:

Why was this moved? 

Bringing family members to the US forum section is for family members besides the spouse such as parents and siblings. You’re petitioning for a spouse (CR1) , there’s a whole dedicated forum section for spouses of US citizens.

Edited by powerpuff

Timeline
Just now, powerpuff said:

Bringing family members to the US forum section is for family members besides the spouse such as parents and siblings. You’re petitions for a spouse (CR1) there’s a whole dedicated forum section for spouses of US citizens.

Ah okay, thanks! 

1. yes

3. anything that u have been submitted to them, bring the original. birth certificate, marriage cert, passport etc. whatever that u can think of, bring all of them. better be safe than sorry

4. albums, bring it to the interview, make sure u have some / few thats printed 4x6 and glued it to letter size paper, they cant take ur album. album is only to show. 

5. i did stack everything in 1 bundle ( black binder clip) but i indexed tab everything and put the index detail on the first page so it's easy for them to take whichever they want just by looking at the detail on the first page. u want it easy and quick for them to do that. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Misscloud said:

1. yes

3. anything that u have been submitted to them, bring the original. birth certificate, marriage cert, passport etc. whatever that u can think of, bring all of them. better be safe than sorry

4. albums, bring it to the interview, make sure u have some / few thats printed 4x6 and glued it to letter size paper, they cant take ur album. album is only to show. 

5. i did stack everything in 1 bundle ( black binder clip) but i indexed tab everything and put the index detail on the first page so it's easy for them to take whichever they want just by looking at the detail on the first page. u want it easy and quick for them to do that. 

Thanks for the tips 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.