zafi

please help

9 posts in this topic

Hello,  how are you guys? I am going through the dilemma. I am a Naturalized US citizen and filed I-130 with USCIS for my mother & father and USCIS issued us RFE due to my late registered birth in Pakistan. They gave an option of voluntary DNA testing. My confusion is that how would that work for us and how would we start our DNA testing process? Because my parents live in Pakistan and I am in USA. Can you guys please list all the steps for DNA testing in case of pending I-130 with USCIS issuing an RFE? How long does whole DNA testing process takes? How much that would cost us? Please reply 

1 minute ago, zafi said:

Hello,  how are you guys? I am going through the dilemma. I am a Naturalized US citizen and filed I-130 with USCIS for my mother & father and USCIS issued us RFE due to my late registered birth in Pakistan. They gave an option of voluntary DNA testing. My confusion is that how would that work for us and how would we start our DNA testing process? Because my parents live in Pakistan and I am in USA. Can you guys please list all the steps for DNA testing in case of pending I-130 with USCIS issuing an RFE? How long does whole DNA testing process takes? How much that would cost us? Please reply 

You're going to need to reach out to the US embassy in Pakistan to find out which local DNA lab they use, and which US lab you should use.

Actually, sorry:  I guess you would reach out to USCIS for DNA testing instructions, since you're still at the petition phase.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I would suggest contacting a lab which is authorized to do DNA testing in Pakistan which are based in USA.

A simple Google search will bring a few. Usually they can provide you with a general guideline and that can be your starting point. Contacting USCIS is going to be tedious and mostly they will have no clue. Embassy will say wait for USCIS letter (which probably will be accurate) and in the meantime scour through USCIS website for any information. 

It's not unheard of, but it is rare. 

Best of luck 

Edited by mitzab
  • Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

You only need to pay one the accredited labs in the US and the lab will co-ordinate with USCIS  and local panel physician to collect DNA sample overseas , while you provide yours here. 
After both sides , complete samples , lab sends results directly to instructions as you were given ( to USCIS).

You don’t need to contact anyone else and DNA results will be fine for embassy once you get approval.

https://dnacenter.com/immigration-dna-tests/?gphone=1.800.310.9106&gclid=CjwKCAjwi8iXBhBeEiwAKbUofUhtBanPNzor8q0P9X2G5xynW7wvP6-xZM9tBazMg4a86njWBfu9PhoCJxoQAvD_BwE

On 8/4/2022 at 12:24 PM, zafi said:

This is unfortunately a very common issue nowadays in Pakistan as people are told to get "new" birth certificates made.

Note that DNA testing is VOLUNTARY.  This can be a time consuming process and it costs money.

Before you do this - do you have any other documents that establish your relationship with your parents?

Old format birth certificate (usually Urdu)? - shows both parents

Old B-Form - shows both parents

Census record - shows both parents

FRC - shows both parents

School certificates/report cards - shows father's name

School leaving certificate (usually given at grade 5) - shows father's name

Matriculation certificate (grade 10) - shows father's name

Intermediate certificate (grade 12) - shows father's name

Your old passports - will show father's name

Your Pakistani ID card (old CNIC, handwritten NIC, NICOP, etc) - will show father's name

Domicile - will show father's name

You can submit all of these plus affidavits from relatives who were alive when you were born, and that may be able to overcome this issue.

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

Thank you. I have an old Nadra B form issued in 2005 and FRC issued in 2015. I don't know is that going to be enough? I have matric and intermediate result card both issued in 2004 and 2006 respectively. One problem which I am facing is that my father's name on my educational document compare to my Pakistani passport and ID card has a slight variation. on my passport and ID card my dad's name has the addition of khan and khan is not included in my educational documents matrix and intermediate result cards. We never noticed this we noticed that variation recently. Lastly, school certificates do not include the mother's name in Pakistan so I don't know what kind of evidence can I provide for mother's petition. can you please guide me how can we prepare an affidavit? I cannot afford a lawyer can you please guide me about preparing an affidavit. thank you very much guys for your guidance

On 8/10/2022 at 5:51 PM, zafi said:

Thank you. I have an old Nadra B form issued in 2005 and FRC issued in 2015. I don't know is that going to be enough? I have matric and intermediate result card both issued in 2004 and 2006 respectively. One problem which I am facing is that my father's name on my educational document compare to my Pakistani passport and ID card has a slight variation. on my passport and ID card my dad's name has the addition of khan and khan is not included in my educational documents matrix and intermediate result cards. We never noticed this we noticed that variation recently. Lastly, school certificates do not include the mother's name in Pakistan so I don't know what kind of evidence can I provide for mother's petition. can you please guide me how can we prepare an affidavit? I cannot afford a lawyer can you please guide me about preparing an affidavit. thank you very much guys for your guidance

Do you have an old format birth certificate?  Karachi Municipal Corporation, Lahore Municipal Corporation, etc.

Hospital birth certificate? 

Municipal birth extract?

What was your birth certificate before the late entry one was made?

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

You can get a census record too (difficult to get, but it is actually possible)

For the affidavit, it is simple, you just need to find relatives or family friends who were alive when you were born.  They simply write that they know you were born on DATE to your parents and write why they know it is true (they were there, etc)

On 8/4/2022 at 12:24 PM, zafi said:

When was your birth certificate late registered?

When did you immigrate to the US?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.