2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Fayisa said:

Guys it is been 8 weeks since I sent my passport. Should my husband reach a senator or a state representative? Do you think that will make any change. Please share your experiences. Thanks

What kind of visa did you apply for? K1 or CR-1?

On 11/5/2023 at 1:20 PM, Ahmad0606 said:

They asked for my resume as well. My education falls in TAL. They further asked me to fill out DS-5535. During the interview the CO was focused on my education and research area. I had to explain her my entire research as she’s going to hire me for the job. Anyways it is what it is… It’s a wait game now.

I submitted my CV on Friday, and my status updated on Mon as well as on Tuesday, what does status change mean right on the next two working days?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, tas005 said:

I submitted my CV on Friday, and my status updated on Mon as well as on Tuesday, what does status change mean right on the next two working days?

What were the changes to status?

6 hours ago, tas005 said:

Unfortunately, dates updates are not useful as it only means your file was touched - could be progress, could be routine administrative work. It’s impossible to know.  

Timeline
8 hours ago, Fayisa said:

Guys it is been 8 weeks since I sent my passport. Should my husband reach a senator or a state representative? Do you think that will make any change. Please share your experiences. Thanks

We contacted both my fiance's senators and his congressperson while we were dealing with the DS-5535 process.  There wasn't much they could do, but it did make us feel like we were at least trying every option. I'm not sure it will help in your case, but you're so close that a little nudge might be good. I hope you get positive movement soon!

8 hours ago, Icecreamcastles said:

We contacted both my fiance's senators and his congressperson while we were dealing with the DS-5535 process.  There wasn't much they could do, but it did make us feel like we were at least trying every option. I'm not sure it will help in your case, but you're so close that a little nudge might be good. I hope you get positive movement soon!

Thanks a lot, I will try it and see how it goes. 

14 hours ago, throwitaway said:

Unfortunately, dates updates are not useful as it only means your file was touched - could be progress, could be routine administrative work. It’s impossible to know.  

How long it could take when they just asked for updated Resume only and not DS5535? Any idea, I noticed for IR1/CR1 they ask for DS5535. However, they ask for Resume only for those applied for B1/B2 or K1 visa.

1 hour ago, tas005 said:

How long it could take when they just asked for updated Resume only and not DS5535? Any idea, I noticed for IR1/CR1 they ask for DS5535. However, they ask for Resume only for those applied for B1/B2 or K1 visa.

Consulate used to ask for Resume only when the DS-5535 was not introduced.

Resume can be asked from any IR/CR category depending on your education background or work experience in addition to DS-5535.  Would you mind telling what is your education background /work experience? 

In general if the AP can be resolved at consulate level, it will be relatively quicker but if your case is going to DC for clearance then it may take longer. Since they kept your passport and gave you 221g at the spot, you case may resolve quickly.

Your case is the first in VJ community where they asked for Resume only without DS-5535

Edited by Leo The Great

Timeline

Hi everyone. My interview is in December in Montreal and I am super scared of receiving the DS-5535. I just got news that a friend of mine received a DS-5535 from because the beneficiary in the case travelled to Israel and Jordan within the past 5 years, therefore was on his DS-160 and stamped in his passport. 

I went to Israel but 6 years ago, so it is not listed in the DS-160 nor is it stamped in my passport. There is no sign of my travels there throughout this application. Is there any other way they will know I went? It is outside the asked about 5-year span. 

Very scared. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Is it helpful to send an email every 10 days?

Is it helpful to ask help from senator or congressman?

It's end of 8th week. And no update at all.

They answered to the second email but didn't update my case, just confirmed that they have documents and is still processing.

I just want to know how long I have to wait for my passport? They said is between 6 to 8 weeks.  Now 8 weeks passed. 

21 minutes ago, jessmcad said:

Hi everyone. My interview is in December in Montreal and I am super scared of receiving the DS-5535. I just got news that a friend of mine received a DS-5535 from because the beneficiary in the case travelled to Israel and Jordan within the past 5 years, therefore was on his DS-160 and stamped in his passport. 

I went to Israel but 6 years ago, so it is not listed in the DS-160 nor is it stamped in my passport. There is no sign of my travels there throughout this application. Is there any other way they will know I went? It is outside the asked about 5-year span. 

Very scared. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_Advisory_Opinion

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Leo The Great said:

What about this? I understand this but -

If they ask about the last 5 years, does the beyond matter?

That’s more my question. If it’s not listed initially, it should be fine, no?

Edited by jessmcad

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.