2,958 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, tas005 said:

Hi,
my interview was last week for IR1. everything went well, at the end they gave 221 g paper and the next day they send an email saying the case is in under AP and asked for my updated CV with all the start and end dates of my all education and work experiences. I sent my CV the same day through email. Good thing is that they kept my passport and didnt ask for form DS5535. How long they take to clear AP when they ask for only CV?? Any recent case similar to like mine???

Either Montreal  consulate asked for DS-5535 only or both DS-5535 + CV in the following spreadsheet (mostly):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jV7rzX2eCRVoEDRhOtN9a6hDoHRLNEf1P3ZGZbQ0_Dc/edit#gid=0

Your case is the first case, to my knowledge, where Consulate asked for Resume only. 

My dad was requested for CV  only few years back when applied for B1/B2 visa and the case was cleared in 30 days but the clearance was received from DC

Edited by Leo The Great

3 minutes ago, Leo The Great said:

You may look at this for an idea. Either they ask for DS-5535 only or both DS-5535 + Resume

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jV7rzX2eCRVoEDRhOtN9a6hDoHRLNEf1P3ZGZbQ0_Dc/edit#gid=0

Your case is the first case where Consulate asked for Resume only to my knowledge. 

They asked for my resume as well. My education falls in TAL. They further asked me to fill out DS-5535. During the interview the CO was focused on my education and research area. I had to explain her my entire research as she’s going to hire me for the job. Anyways it is what it is… It’s a wait game now.

Hi 

i have one question I read somewhere if you are in Ap in 1 year .your visa status show expiry soon .I am more then one year but no case status change still show refused 

One more question my case number colour not red it show black

plz can someone tell me 

I really appreciate 

thank you 

35 minutes ago, Gha said:

Hi 

i have one question I read somewhere if you are in Ap in 1 year .your visa status show expiry soon .I am more then one year but no case status change still show refused 

One more question my case number colour not red it show black

plz can someone tell me 

I really appreciate 

thank you 

Your application expires after one year. You will be asked to resubmit your DS260 when you clear. 

20 hours ago, Ahmad0606 said:

They asked for my resume as well. My education falls in TAL. They further asked me to fill out DS-5535. During the interview the CO was focused on my education and research area. I had to explain her my entire research as she’s going to hire me for the job. Anyways it is what it is… It’s a wait game now.

Do you mean to say, first they asked for Resume and you sent it, and later on after few days they communicate again and asked for DS-5535 form as well?

When was your interview and for how long you are waiting for?

On 10/18/2023 at 11:28 AM, Dana.L said:

I waited about the same time frame but chose to email because they never told us they recieved his passport so I wanted to confirm. If emailing would give you peace, Id send one. It cant hurt to email. 
Your "case last updated" date will update on the day they receive your email, and they day they reply (typically ten days later).

I think you are probaly just in the que to be reviewed, like me and Fayisa. From what ive found online it looks like the average review time for a 221G at montreal is 6-8 weeks. 

Hello Dana, any update on your hubby's case ?

2 hours ago, tas005 said:

Do you mean to say, first they asked for Resume and you sent it, and later on after few days they communicate again and asked for DS-5535 form as well?

When was your interview and for how long you are waiting for?

At interview they didn’t ask for the resume, the CO printed out the 221(g) and told me you’ll be receiving an email with questions that you need to answer.She further added that she don’t know how long is it going to take for further processing but make sure you send the answers ASAP. Next day I received and email with DS-5535 link and also requested for the updated CV or resume with all the start and end dates of education and work history.

18 hours ago, APRIL2023 said:

Does that mean your application starts over? Is there an additional cost and wait to resubmit DS260?

No, it’s just administrative, the portal unlocks the DS260 and applicant has to review, update as required, sign off and submit. The file is at the embassy already so it doesn’t “start over.”

Edited by throwitaway

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Fayisa said:

Hello Dana, any update on your hubby's case ?

No update :( I emailed them again on 10/31 and have yet to hear back. 
I am going to keep emailing them until we get an answer. 

Also for clarification- he is not my husband, he is my Fiance and we have not been married yet. (just incase our case worker decides to stalk my profile Im not taking any chances for misunderstanding lol) 

Edited by Dana.L

47 minutes ago, Dana.L said:

No update :( I emailed them again on 10/31 and have yet to hear back. 
I am going to keep emailing them until we get an answer. 

Also for clarification- he is not my husband, he is my Fiance and we have not been married yet. (just incase our case worker decides to stalk my profile Im not taking any chances for misunderstanding lol) 

I gotchu , sorry I thought he is your husband. It is good to be on the safe side. I have decided to email them every 10 days too. Hopefully they will answer is soon. I noticed they are not working much since August. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, Fayisa said:

I gotchu , sorry I thought he is your husband. It is good to be on the safe side. I have decided to email them every 10 days too. Hopefully they will answer is soon. I noticed they are not working much since August. 

No apology needed! I just want to make sure there are no chances taken LOL

They seem to reply to emails after about 10 days. Please update us with what they say! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.