2,958 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Canucklehead said:

So as far as I can see (unless I'm not looking in right spot), I do not see the word 'Status' anywhere on my CEAC profile. I do see:

YOUR CASE IS CURRENTLY AT: MONTREAL

Is this the right area to be looking (in the top right of the main page)?

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV

Use the above^ 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

Thank you for posting that link! You were correct - it still says Refused. However, it lists the most recent update as being March 17th, 2023. Given that I sent the required document on March 2nd, 2023 - perhaps this is evidence that at the very least it has been received?

Edited by Canucklehead

Timeline
10 minutes ago, PZibran325 said:

Hey buddy you're absolutely right no one is claiming to give expert advice, we are all just sharing our experiences. But that is different from making statements that are completely inaccurate (i.e. plain wrong). Share your experiences, but don't state your guesses and assumptions as fact.

If you are thinking out loud at least preface those statements by saying something like I am not entirely sure but I believe that maybe xyz. The way you're stating your guesses makes it sound like you are stating fact and that could be to the detriment of someone who is new to the process and doesn't know better.

I encourage you to share your experiences and even your thoughts, but please be careful with your wording and make sure that when you are not fully sure of something and just sharing what you think that you are stating it in a way that makes it clear that you're sharing your thoughts and not fact/experience. 

Welcome to the thread, though. Not sure if I should say happy to have you here because it makes me unhappy to see people stuck in limbo.

cheers

HAhahaha..Thank you Experts.

Timeline
1 hour ago, ShawnK said:

I'm in this hell too, interview last week , all going well then handed back passport and refusal asking for the DS5535 form. I have no shady/criminal history or odd travel, just US Canada Mexico. What I do have is the most common male Muslim name and I think that's what did it. 

I don't work in any TAL occupations. I've been very very depressed/gutted all week. Feels like getting punched in the gut. Like you did something wrong. The consulate was full of terrified and stressed-out people. 

This was a huge fear of mine and it happened.

One thing the CO did say was this is not a refusal and these forms are processed faster now than they were in the past. However, on CEAC I see a big fat refused, ouch.

Hi Shawn, 

Same here...we had our interview a couple of weeks back and with the same DS5535. The CO did mention that it should be processed sooner than a few months and as the medicals may expire in a few months.

I also have a common name which triggered DS5535. Hoping it finishes soon. 

Cheers!.

Edited by ak47

49 minutes ago, ak47 said:

Hi Shawn, 

Same here...we had our interview a couple of weeks back and with the same DS5535. The CO did mention that it should be processed sooner than a few months and as the medicals may expire in a few months.

I also have a common name which triggered DS5535. Hoping it finishes soon. 

Cheers!.

Hope it works out for you man. Good luck

2 hours ago, ShawnK said:

I'm in this hell too, interview last week , all going well then handed back passport and refusal asking for the DS5535 form. I have no shady/criminal history or odd travel, just US Canada Mexico. What I do have is the most common male Muslim name and I think that's what did it. 

I don't work in any TAL occupations. I've been very very depressed/gutted all week. Feels like getting punched in the gut. Like you did something wrong. The consulate was full of terrified and stressed-out people. 

This was a huge fear of mine and it happened.

One thing the CO did say was this is not a refusal and these forms are processed faster now than they were in the past. However, on CEAC I see a big fat refused, ouch.

You didn’t do anything wrong. If the CO wanted to deny you, they would have, instead you’re in 221g which can be overcome - and for most people, it does. Eventually. I was once there too. 

1 hour ago, Canucklehead said:

Thank you for posting that link! You were correct - it still says Refused. However, it lists the most recent update as being March 17th, 2023. Given that I sent the required document on March 2nd, 2023 - perhaps this is evidence that at the very least it has been received?

Oh for sure, it’s better than no updates at all! The date updates happen when your file is opened for whatever reason, so at the very least you know you are not forgotten. 

4 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov

I got it the same night

Thank you, I will email them.

In the mean time..I have never been religious , always doubted..but I pulled a Bart Simpson prayer(that classic episode where he gets a snow day ), seems like in the darkest times you seek out God. That is all I can do at this point. 

Just now, ShawnK said:

In the mean time..I have never been religious , always doubted..but I pulled a Bart Simpson prayer(that classic episode where he gets a snow day ), seems like in the darkest times you seek out God. That is all I can do at this point. 

Ain’t nothing wrong with that. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

Oh for sure, it’s better than no updates at all! The date updates happen when your file is opened for whatever reason, so at the very least you know you are not forgotten. 

I'll take that win! Now for the Raptors to win tonight too... 🦖 

13 minutes ago, Canucklehead said:

Small victories my friend...small victories (looking forward to leafs losing in the first round).

On another note, I know this thread is full of dread but if you and your family are healthy, you've won the lottery. 

There are folks getting news about masses in their liver, kids with cancer. Lets keep some perspective. 

Edited by ShawnK

Timeline
4 hours ago, ShawnK said:

Keep your head up man. I waited a long time for my sojourn in administrative processing to be over, but I managed to do it. I prevailed. And I am sure you will too. 

4 hours ago, Canucklehead said:

No such luck on that...

Husband had his interview in Montreal Feb 3rd of this year and got hit with the ds5535 a couple days later. After reading all of these submissions here we decided to just file a WOM with hacking law ASAP. Edit to add they are going to file in about a week. Can’t believe so many people go through this. It seems ridiculous. Even the lawyer said he’s seeing so many more cases out of Montreal. 

Anyways does anyone have any recent timelines they could share after filing a WOM? And has anyone’s spouse travelled to the US while in AP?

thanks!!

Edited by justanamericangrl

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.