2,958 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone 

I am new in this thread under 221g for incorrect police clearance  certificate.

Interviewed on 10th Jan 2023 Montreal,

Refused  for incorrect police clearance  certificate. Certificate sent to consulate on 2nd feb 2023. Any idea how long will this take , my passport is at consulate. 

7 hours ago, jessiedhillon said:

Hello Everyone 

I am new in this thread under 221g for incorrect police clearance  certificate.

Interviewed on 10th Jan 2023 Montreal,

Refused  for incorrect police clearance  certificate. Certificate sent to consulate on 2nd feb 2023. Any idea how long will this take , my passport is at consulate. 

Usually 6-8 weeks for the missing document to be reviewed by a CO.

19 hours ago, RKD said:

I finally received an email from the consulate to submit my passport. Do you know how long it takes to get the passport back with the visa? I need to travel for work in two weeks for 3-4 days, would I be able to get my passport back in time if I mail it today or is that cutting it too close? The other option is to mail my passport end of March when I'm back from my work trip. My only concern is that my medical expires May 16 and the consulate might ask me to redo medical if I send my passport end of March. What do you guys suggest? Thanks

You should get MTL’s input on this, personally it’s cutting it close, but who knows, they may cooperate with your schedule. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, farzady said:

Should I get the confirmation email from Montreal about receiving completed ds-5535?

No, not everyone gets a confirmation. I believe very few of us did. I personally didn't,  and I emailed them to confirm and 3 weeks later I received a response that they had gotten it.  

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Fayisa said:

Hello guys, the consular asked my wife to send her Passport back, is it a good sign? They give her back initially and they issue DS 5535. Please advise. 

Yes, this is a very good sign.  Any request from the consulate when you are in DS-5535 is a good sign.  When was your interview and how long ago was your wife's medical?  

Timeline

Status changed to "Application Received" today!! We filed a WOM with Hacking in September and got the request for a new medical in Jan. Just feels like every step has been taking sooo long.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Fayisa said:

The interview was on Feb 2nd, medical was on the Jan 17.

Thank you 

WOW!  You are definitely one of the lucky ones.  Congrats and I hope you see more movement soon!

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Fayisa said:

Hello guys, the consular asked my wife to send her Passport back, is it a good sign? They give her back initially and they issue DS 5535. Please advise. 

Did they ask for her resume with DS 5535? Did you get any other update after Feb 27 on the CEAC?

@farzady I already sent my questionair email last January but yesterday I received a mail they are asking cv or resume .what should I write more in resume because I already informed my job history 

Thank you 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Gha said:

@farzady I already sent my questionair email last January but yesterday I received a mail they are asking cv or resume .what should I write more in resume because I already informed my job history 

Thank you 

I handed in my CV at interview but CO told me to submit it again with ds 5535 form. She said I knew we have it but just copy and paste my resume under the form and submit it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.