2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Tiabeanie said:

Do you mind sharing the number of the 3rd party drop site please?

Clipper ship supply Inc

1 514-937-9561

@PNWUnited was able to provide this info to me and the lady on the phone was able to confirm they picked up the documents. but be prepared that embassy will not care about this. they will continue to say they didnt get the documents

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

20 hours ago, BatmanFlow said:

so my congressperson got a response back today that the embassy still havent received the requested information (passport, photos, etc).

Canada post shows delivered to their third party sorting facility on November 10. i realize there is a bit of a delay in embassy actually getting the document from their sorting facility, but its now 3.5 weeks!

anyone else who submitted document have any data on how long it took for embassy to get their documents from the sorting facility?

Which congressperson you contacted? is he your local? any benefit of contacting congressperson?

4 hours ago, Tiabeanie said:

Not at all. I emailed the embassy 2 weeks after my interview since I was placed in administrative processing and originally was told no additional documents were needed. There was no update to my file since the day of my interview. They responded to me a week later and told me they were waiting to receive my police certificate. If I didn't email them I wouldn't have known this.

I see. Which email can we use? Is it this one?

canada_contactus+ca+info+en@visaops.net

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mmk2112 said:

Which congressperson you contacted? is he your local? any benefit of contacting congressperson?

reposting my response from earlier

They aren’t a lot of help in general cause they can’t do much anyways. You get assigned a case worker and that case worker reaches out to embassy. 
but what does help is that embassy definitely reviews your case and gives the congressperson an actual response rather than copy paste stuff we get when we email embassy directly. 

for me I asked to actually speak with congressperson and I got a one on one meeting with him. He promised to write a letter on my moms behalf and send it to embassy. this took like 2-3 months to actually happen. But before they even sent the letter, my moms DS 5535 cleared. 
but once they sent the letter the embassy looked at the case and finally sent the email asking for documents, like passport medical again. From Clearing 5535 to sending me email about documents it took embassy 28 days. And it only happened cause congresspersons letter went to them. So in that case it did help. 

Now since they have the documents I’m emailing my congressperson to follow up with embassy since the AP is, almost, done and they need process the documents we sent. I believe in this stage congressperson contact is helping. 

in conclusion I think you should get your congressperson involved and push for a meeting with him or her.
my moms 5535 cleared after a year. 

I'm in California 

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

Timeline

@emergence the below website seems to reiterate what @ice-qube has been suggesting all along that the AP is being used as a legal mechanism to buy time for decision making while the additional background and security checks are performed. It suggests that while AP has historically been infrequent, it is now being used to kick the can down the road so to speak. I highly recommend checking out this URL

Lippes Mathias Law Firm

IR-1/CR-1

Canada

February 2021 - Sent I-130

July 2021 - Sent expedite request

July 2021 - Approved 

August 2021 - NVC Welcome Letters

November 2021 - NVC requests missing documents

December 2021 - Submitted missing docs to NVC

May 2022  Notice of interview appointment

June 2022 - Interview + put in AP

March 2023 - AP complete + second medical requested by consulate

April 2023 - new medical submitted, visa status changed to issued

May 2023 - Entry into US

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have to rant a moment. The absolute worst care scenario I feared when we were given DS-5535 has come about. I work in tech and I was laid off today. This isn’t super surprising to me given macroeconomic trends and the wave of layoffs across the tech industry. I was worried it might happen when we were given DS-5535. Instead of my fiancé being here, able to get me on his health insurance and help financially with the mortgage, I am in the situation of dealing with all of this alone and trying to do it as fast as I can to make sure this doesn’t mess up immigration.  This situation would be immeasurably easier if we weren’t put in AP for no good reason. 

This sucks.

15 minutes ago, emergence said:

I have to rant a moment. The absolute worst care scenario I feared when we were given DS-5535 has come about. I work in tech and I was laid off today. This isn’t super surprising to me given macroeconomic trends and the wave of layoffs across the tech industry. I was worried it might happen when we were given DS-5535. Instead of my fiancé being here, able to get me on his health insurance and help financially with the mortgage, I am in the situation of dealing with all of this alone and trying to do it as fast as I can to make sure this doesn’t mess up immigration.  This situation would be immeasurably easier if we weren’t put in AP for no good reason. 

This sucks.

Brutal, I’m so sorry. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, emergence said:

This sucks.

so sorry to hear :( embassy is playing with people's lives here, and they dont care.

like you said if AP is required for something of a flag, then im all for it, but this system is broken. as Canadians we can come visit USA for 6 months while they do extreme vetting......so laughable.

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

Timeline
46 minutes ago, emergence said:

This sucks.

I’m so so so sorry about this. I wish I could do something for you but at the very least I can pray for you 

IR-1/CR-1

Canada

July 2021 - Approved 

May 2023 - Entry into US

Timeline
57 minutes ago, emergence said:

This sucks.

Really sorry to hear this for you. Hopefully it won't have any bearing on immigration, but it is a terribly difficult situation for you even without that. If misery loves company, I have taken many hits with finances in this process and it seems it will keep going. Let's all try to keep standing as long as we can, right? 

Timeline
4 hours ago, PZibran325 said:

@emergence the below website seems to reiterate what @ice-qube has been suggesting all along that the AP is being used as a legal mechanism to buy time for decision making while the additional background and security checks are performed. It suggests that while AP has historically been infrequent, it is now being used to kick the can down the road so to speak. I highly recommend checking out this URL

Lippes Mathias Law Firm

This is more evidence of what I have been saying, I am not the only one thinking it. As far as I am concerned, at this point, it is the only hypothesis with any plausibility. 

However: being able to say "I told y'all so" is not exactly satisfying in this case, lol.

Timeline
43 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

so sorry to hear :( embassy is playing with people's lives here, and they dont care.

like you said if AP is required for something of a flag, then im all for it, but this system is broken. as Canadians we can come visit USA for 6 months while they do extreme vetting......so laughable.

Just look how I have already filed a WOM but there is still no movement either way... lol. I mean, this is so absurd already. I have nothing but scorn for this process already. It's disgraceful. It's equivalent to torture by bureaucracy, in a sense. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

This is more evidence of what I have been saying, I am not the only one thinking it. As far as I am concerned, at this point, it is the only hypothesis with any plausibility. 

However: being able to say "I told y'all so" is not exactly satisfying in this case, lol.

Sigh sigh sigh sigh * infinity I don’t even know what to say about this insanity anymore 

IR-1/CR-1

Canada

July 2021 - Approved 

May 2023 - Entry into US

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.