2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, Mmk2112 said:

Congratulations. When was your original interview and handed over 5535?

I've posted it a few times so far. Interview October 4th 2021. DS5535 submitted October 10th 2021. Visa in hand Nov 22nd, 2022. It took me over a year, almost 14 months.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, throwitaway said:

Most of those that interview at MTL and get 5535 are Canadian citizens, and I do know someone with Nexus that got 5535 anyway. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem like any of that helps :(

I am one of them—i have NEXUS and got 5535. It’s so dumb.

7 hours ago, Tikitch said:

Has anyone who requested their passports during AP tell me please what the process is like please.

What do I need to include in my email? And how long does it take to get it back from when I send the email?

Thanks

You just email them your name, date of birth, interview date and time, passport number, DOS case number if you have it. Say you need the passport back for travel and will return it to them upon request. 

Don’t expect Montreal to send it back quickly, it could take some time, but since you probably don’t need a consular officer for this it shouldn’t be too crazy.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jvisa said:

is there any email other than montreal_iv_dv.org for consulate? I believe this email is not functional anymore

They don't answer my emails so probably something is going wrong with this email.

@Jvisa its: montreal-iv-dv@state.gov (not - .org)  and dashes not underscores.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/23/2022 at 12:44 PM, MikeBr said:

Hi All.  Looks like I join the ranks with all of you fine people.

Had my interview yesterday at Montreal Consulate.  It went relatively well.  Provided my original documents - marriage license, passport photo, birth certificate, police certificate and a copy of 2021 taxes.  She did what she needed with them and returned the originals back.  She kept my passport.

she also took my fingerprints too.

Second person asked me simple questions - who is your petitioner, where did you meet, what you like about your spouse, where you would live.  He was friendly.

He then said you have been randomly selected for additional processing.  Visa refused at moment.  Await email with questionnaire for completion.  Once completed send it back to the email it came with (and not to attach and corresponding documents, just answer the questions).

He then said would it be ok for them to hold onto my passport, so I said yes.

A few hours later I received email with questionnaire.  It was a DS-5355.  I now read unsettling stories about it.  I completed it and sent it back last evening.

I have seen stories where it can take up to 60 days to review, if not much longer!!!

this process has been long enough, but I have to remain optimistic.  I am a Canadian citizen with no concerning background.  

any insight on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I do have my Nexus which I referenced in the questionnaire, but not sure if that will help expedite the process.  

thanks 

Sorry to welcome you to our little club, I also have NEXUS and had my interview beginning of February and got the DS-5535, at least your consular officer admitted it's a randomly selected process, because the rest of us have been in the dark for almost a year or more as to why on earth we got chosen to fill in the extra questionnaire. 60 days for review would be the luckiest break, I truly hope that happens for you!!!  Most of us with DS-5535 it's about a year process, including filing the WOM which is close to $6000 USD to get them to actually just look at your file. I'm hoping all these WOMs against Montreal will actually get them to review the DS-5535s in 60 days like they are supposed too 🤞

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Gha said:

Hi 

@LAMA9 Thank you so much 

but confirm with I have employment base case .so this is the email address I will use for employment base for fellow up

Thank you

It is the only email for the Montreal consulate that anyone here is aware of.  Usually takes a week for them to respond.

Edited by LAMA9

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.