2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rosinasaur said:

When did you send them? I sent mine off on Tuesday morning. I'm very nervous that there's going to be some sort of error.

Tuesday morning as well. What a coincidence since you and my mom also interviewed on the same day (10/4)

think positive! everything will go great and visa will be issued asap!

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Rosinasaur said:

When did you send them? I sent mine off on Tuesday morning. I'm very nervous that there's going to be some sort of error.

Did you get a tracking number? Canada Post clerk always reminded me to take a picture of the tracker # that is on your envelop upon submitting...  Once your tracker says delivered, you can download a copy of the receipt confirmation.  I have used this in the past to send in my emails to the consulate to confirm receipt of anything I sent them.  If you sent through the consulate document delivery service, it usually takes 2 days from Toronto (3 max) but tomorrow is a bank/post office holiday... Where did you send it from?

Timeline
5 hours ago, LAMA9 said:

Did you get a tracking number? Canada Post clerk always reminded me to take a picture of the tracker # that is on your envelop upon submitting...  Once your tracker says delivered, you can download a copy of the receipt confirmation.  I have used this in the past to send in my emails to the consulate to confirm receipt of anything I sent them.  If you sent through the consulate document delivery service, it usually takes 2 days from Toronto (3 max) but tomorrow is a bank/post office holiday... Where did you send it from?

Thank you! I totally forgot about the tracking number they gave me. They said I'd get an email when it arrived so I was focused on that. (I have gotten no such email).

I checked the tracking number and it says it was delivered Nov 10th!

6 hours ago, BatmanFlow said:

Tuesday morning as well. What a coincidence since you and my mom also interviewed on the same day (10/4)

think positive! everything will go great and visa will be issued asap!

Our case timelines are eerily similar. I did do a WOM though. I'm still sooo happy for your mum. Even if it takes them a while to process the final steps, at least we both know it's moving!

Timeline
5 hours ago, Rosinasaur said:

I checked the tracking number and it says it was delivered Nov 10th!

Nice! Same here. Hopefully this wait isn’t too long 

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

19 hours ago, Tiabeanie said:

Hi guys,

I had my interview on October 31 and was only issued a 221g despite submitting all required documents at the interview. Haven't been sent a questionnaire/5535. I'm just curious for those who only got issued 221g how long the wait was before approval (to put my anxiety at ease)?

221g without 5535 usually means a faster clearance as it can suggest that the issue at hand can be dealt with at the consulate level, and not through the agencies in DC. What did the officer say was the reason for the 221g? Did you ask for more info about the refusal?

Edited by throwitaway

1 hour ago, throwitaway said:

221g without 5535 usually means a faster clearance as it can suggest that the issue at hand can be dealt with at the consulate level, and not through the agencies in DC. What did the officer say was the reason for the 221g? Did you ask for more info about the refusal?

He didn't give a reason he just told me that I'm going through administrative processing and gave me a 221g slip and another form to track my delivery. 

Timeline
On 11/9/2022 at 11:47 AM, CanadatoCali said:

Hi everyone,

I was directed to this thread from someone based on a question I posed. Hopeful that someone can help.

I wasn’t issued a DS-5535 though. I had my K-1 Visa Interview on August 9th and was given the 221g because my police check was wrong and because I hadn’t received court docs showing a case I had many years ago was withdrawn by the interview date. They kept my passport at the time of the interview. I have finally received all of the documents required, and couriered them to Montreal on Oct 31st (tracking number shows it was delivered Nov 3rd).

I’m wondering what a realistic timeline would be before I get an answer (approval 🤞)? Was hoping to be with my fiancé by Christmas. CEAC is still showing refused with the last update on August 12th, so it doesn’t even look like anyone has actually looked at my docs/file since receiving them. 

After my fiancé received the 221g, we had paperwork arrive to the processing center on Oct 7th and we are still waiting for a response. However, another VJ member that had docs arrive on Oct 3rd just had their visa processed on Nov 10th, and another member that had their docs arrive Sept 13th had their visa issued Oct 20th. It appears that they do not typically get processed sooner than 5-6 weeks, although like everyone else stated- they can be quite unpredictable! I can let you know when if I get an update on mine just to give you more of an idea on their current processing times!

So my husband's passport has arrived - my husband is the principal applicant for DV and he has been approved (yay!). We still have to pick up my daughter's passport at Canada Post but I still didn't get an email for my passport. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for family members to get their passports after the principal applicant received theirs? Also is it possible for them to refuse me (I received the 5535) and approve my husband and daughter? So lost. Thanks!

Timeline
2 hours ago, lomnd said:

So my husband's passport has arrived - my husband is the principal applicant for DV and he has been approved (yay!). We still have to pick up my daughter's passport at Canada Post but I still didn't get an email for my passport. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for family members to get their passports after the principal applicant received theirs? Also is it possible for them to refuse me (I received the 5535) and approve my husband and daughter? So lost. Thanks!

As far as I know, the passports usually come back around two weeks. If you received the 5535, then right now you are technically "refused" and pending further adjudication. That has already happened. You are not "denied", however. 

I am very new here.  Your guidance would greatly appreciated. We have filed CR1/IR1 visa.

I have read so many DS 5535 story here and got very nervous, feels like it is very common now. I have been DQ Sep 2nd and expecting my interview would be soon in January or Early February 2023.

I am worried about couple of things, I stayed around 2 to 3 months with my wife recently because we have not spent time together. Does that will be reason for DS-5535 ?

What are the proof other than AOS and civil documents should i have to grab for visa ? 

Employment letter , pay stubs and T4s ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, 

5 minutes ago, David1320 said:

I am very new here.  Your guidance would greatly appreciated. We have filed CR1/IR1 visa.

I have read so many DS 5535 story here and got very nervous, feels like it is very common now. I have been DQ Sep 2nd and expecting my interview would be soon in January or Early February 2023.

I am worried about couple of things, I stayed around 2 to 3 months with my wife recently because we have not spent time together. Does that will be reason for DS-5535 ?

What are the proof other than AOS and civil documents should i have to grab for visa ? 

Employment letter , pay stubs and T4s ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, 

Spending time with your wife as a visitor is not a problem. As a Canadian citizen you may visit (not live- don't use word live) USA for 6 months/calendar year. DS 5535 is just random, no one knows it's criteria. We are assuming it's mostly system generated, because within a family few are approved and few sent to DS 5535. As in my case, I believe it's just name and DOB matching with some unknown person so I have to go through more background clearances. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.