AsherMusic

Approval estimate question

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I have my NOA1 date of March 2, 2022.  The current estimate date is April 22-27 of 2023.  This seems about average, from what I'm hearing.  My question is, is this the estimated day my fiance would get his K-1 approved?  Or is it just the USCIS portion?  I'm not making any plans yet, of course, but I'm fantasizing about a June wedding.  

31 minutes ago, AsherMusic said:

I have my NOA1 date of March 2, 2022.  The current estimate date is April 22-27 of 2023.  This seems about average, from what I'm hearing.  My question is, is this the estimated day my fiance would get his K-1 approved?  Or is it just the USCIS portion?  I'm not making any plans yet, of course, but I'm fantasizing about a June wedding.  

Your current estimate April 22-27, 2023, after NOA1 is your NOA2 or the USCIS approval of the I-129F, in which you will receive the I-1797.

Then USCIS forwards your case to the NVC, and NVC then forwards your case to the embassy/consulate specific processing.

There are enough data and info here on visajourney to get fairly good estimate to your K1 interview date if you do a little research.

You can refer to what I did at

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/758635-march-2021-k1-i-129f-filers/page/156/?tab=comments#comment-10665858

Then again, things can always change. Good luck!

Edited by EatBulaga

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

The date you're estimated by VJ is for the I-129F only. Although because you're going to Poland, I can give you some insight from recent experience. Your case will spend about 1-2 months going from USCIS to NVC to Warsaw after approval. If you have a Polish address, you should get notified from Warsaw quite quickly about your interview being ready to schedule. And, if you're a Polish resident (presuming your fiance is), then your wait is only about a month or so. Resident queue for Warsaw is pretty quick and people cancel all the time, so even if it gets delayed you can always move ahead.

Best of luck, and let me know if you have any more questions about the Warsaw leg. 

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
1 hour ago, slavaskii said:

The date you're estimated by VJ is for the I-129F only. Although because you're going to Poland, I can give you some insight from recent experience. Your case will spend about 1-2 months going from USCIS to NVC to Warsaw after approval. If you have a Polish address, you should get notified from Warsaw quite quickly about your interview being ready to schedule. And, if you're a Polish resident (presuming your fiance is), then your wait is only about a month or so. Resident queue for Warsaw is pretty quick and people cancel all the time, so even if it gets delayed you can always move ahead.

Best of luck, and let me know if you have any more questions about the Warsaw leg. 

Thank you so much.  I'll stay in touch with you.  Congratulations.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

US embassy in Poland says this for K1

so,  when your case is received by embassy follow the guides here

We are opening appointments on our scheduling platform for Fiancee (K) visas: https://www.ustraveldocs.com/pl/index.html. Please continue to check there for open appointments.

20 hours ago, slavaskii said:

Thank you so much for your response. My fiance and I are desperate for any information that will help shed light on how much longer this process will take. 

From your experience, could you please elaborate more on how you know all of this? Is there really more of a priority for Polish citizens? We heard someone from Belarus say that there weren't appointments until January of 2023. 

We are just so tired and want to clear this up. Any clarity would help us tremendously. Thanks! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
1 hour ago, polishk1 said:

Thank you so much for your response. My fiance and I are desperate for any information that will help shed light on how much longer this process will take. 

From your experience, could you please elaborate more on how you know all of this? Is there really more of a priority for Polish citizens? We heard someone from Belarus say that there weren't appointments until January of 2023. 

We are just so tired and want to clear this up. Any clarity would help us tremendously. Thanks! 

Ha, that Belarus person was probably me! I just finished the process and was in Warsaw last month for the interview, so I’d be happy to help you out. 

When Warsaw contacts you with your case number and tells you that your interview is ready for scheduling, you’ll make an account on USTravelDocs. You schedule the interview yourself, but before doing so, you’ll select which “queue” you’re in. There’s one for Polish residents (citizen or Karta Pobytu, NOT Polaka) and one for non-residents. When I was looking before in May, the non-resident queue was already pushing 2023, but the resident one was quite early; like a one to two month wait.

I was speculating about a priority system back in January when Russians were rerouted to Warsaw, looks like that was right. Although, interestingly, Belarusians are also lumped into the slower queue despite Warsaw always being their immigrant visa unit.

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.