adventures

nvc case number the same as consulate case number? (medical exam without invitation letter))

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi.

my situation is the following:

- I got DQ'd last week

- I called the four official German doctors available for the medical exam upfront, but I am only able to get an appointment already next week in Munich. Otherwise I would have to wait until October for an appointment, which is crazy.

- I might not have the invitation letter (I think you only get an email these days? nothing written?) for the medical exam yet, but the doctor only states they need the "case number issued by the consulate".

So my question now is: is the case number issued by the consulate the same as the one issued by NVC? If that's not the case. What would I do? Any poeple here who have more experience with the Frankfurt consulate and medical exam in Germany? thank you so much :).

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 minute ago, JeanneAdil said:

yes,  NVC issues the embassy case # / should start with FRN for Frankfort

While this is correct, it is also worth noting that when the visa is issued, the expiration date will be six months from the date of the medical exam.  If that date precedes the interview, a new medical exam will be needed before issue.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Just now, pushbrk said:

While this is correct, it is also worth noting that when the visa is issued, the expiration date will be six months from the date of the medical exam.  If that date precedes the interview, a new medical exam will be needed before issue.

but visa is not issued till the medical gets to the embassy so this case will be refused while in AP waiting for the medical exam papers to get there

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
33 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

but visa is not issued till the medical gets to the embassy so this case will be refused while in AP waiting for the medical exam papers to get there

Huh?  I warning not to get the medical exam too early.  The medical can expire before the interview, making it useless.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

OP just got DQ last week, what's the likelyhood the interview falls within next 3 months? Oct appointment seems safe.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
8 hours ago, arken said:

OP just got DQ last week, what's the likelyhood the interview falls within next 3 months? Oct appointment seems safe.

In Germany on average you seem to get your interview within 30-40 days. So Oct. appointment would be way too late for me. On their webpage the doctors write that "because of the situation, Germany consulate also accepts medical after the interview" But That would be too late for me.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
4 hours ago, adventures said:

In Germany on average you seem to get your interview within 30-40 days.

If this is correct, then go for medical asap. No point in having medical after the interview just to extend the visa issuance time.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 9/21/2022 at 2:22 PM, ValRam said:

OP did you end up getting  your interview yet? 
and did you end up getting medical without interview letter? 

Hi! I am already in the US now and everything worked as expected. I went to the medical without the interview letter. In fact i went there without even having gotten the invitation. So they send my information to the embassy even though i didnt bave an appointment yet. But it did not seem to be a problem. The consulate hat my medial information already there when I was there for the interview!

Timeline
1 hour ago, adventures said:

Hi! I am already in the US now and everything worked as expected. I went to the medical without the interview letter. In fact i went there without even having gotten the invitation. So they send my information to the embassy even though i didnt bave an appointment yet. But it did not seem to be a problem. The consulate hat my medial information already there when I was there for the interview!

That’s great!! 
and how long after dq‘ed did you have your interview, if I may ask? ☺️

Timeline
18 minutes ago, ValRam said:

That’s great!! 
and how long after dq‘ed did you have your interview, if I may ask? ☺️

of course! ..  So that was a bit chaotic. We still don't know 100% why. Might be due to refugees and student visas being process. here the timeline:

- DQ to interview appointement:   1 month

- DQ to medical:   2 weeks

- rescheduilng appointement: 2 tries (first time consulate did not respond to email, second time they responded within 1 day) and after two weeks we were able to reschedule (get a 2 weeks earlier appointement date).

- from appointement to interview:   original 2 months, after rescheduling 1.5 months

- from interview to visa package received:   4 days

I also updated our timeline to the newest state :).

This whole process was MUCH longer than expected. I saw a lot of poeple going from DQ to interview in just about 1 month. For us it took 2.5 months. Probably due to a variety of reasons. I wish you guys good luck with everything!

Timeline
1 minute ago, adventures said:

of course! ..  So that was a bit chaotic. We still don't know 100% why. Might be due to refugees and student visas being process. here the timeline:

- DQ to interview appointement:   1 month

- DQ to medical:   2 weeks

- rescheduilng appointement: 2 tries (first time consulate did not respond to email, second time they responded within 1 day) and after two weeks we were able to reschedule (get a 2 weeks earlier appointement date).

- from appointement to interview:   original 2 months, after rescheduling 1.5 months

- from interview to visa package received:   4 days

I also updated our timeline to the newest state :).

This whole process was MUCH longer than expected. I saw a lot of poeple going from DQ to interview in just about 1 month. For us it took 2.5 months. Probably due to a variety of reasons. I wish you guys good luck with everything!

Thank you so much for that info. It really helps get an idea of the timespan in which we could calculate. 
The refugees coming over to Frankfurt is bound to push wait times a bit out.

I ended up getting my medical done already as well because I was lucky enough to get an appointment. The next one available showed up as November 30th.

as long as they don’t take so long that my medical expires by then I’ll be fine with waiting. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.