Model4Life

Affidavit of Support form related (merged)

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Please I need to clarify something as am filing the 1-864. Am I supposed to send bank statements along with the packet? Yes, I have gotten employment verification and I have printed my last 6 months paystubs. 

Also, we have a 7 year old k2, on the 864 on Part 3. It asked if one is sponsoring another family members immigrating at the same time with principal immigrant. Does that mean one 1-864 is good for both of them or I have to fill a separate one for each person? All forms are going together in one packet, which includes AOS and EAD.

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Model4Life said:

Hello everyone,

Please I need to clarify something as am filing the 1-864. Am I supposed to send bank statements along with the packet? Yes, I have gotten employment verification and I have printed my last 6 months paystubs. 

Do you need to use ASSETS to meet the difference because your INCOME does not meet the poverty guidelines?

Yes? Then you'll need A statement from your bank as outlined on the I134 website (yes follow that as that's the only place I've found the correct explanation of what kind of statement (singular) from the bank they want (not actual bank statements).

No?

Then you dont need evidence of assets AT ALL because you arent using assets to make up the difference. 

Also, we have a 7 year old k2, on the 864 on Part 3. It asked if one is sponsoring another family members immigrating at the same time with principal immigrant. Does that mean one 1-864 is good for both of them or I have to fill a separate one for each person? All forms are going together in one packet, which includes AOS and EAD.

Thanks.

One I864 for each immigrant.

Why?

Because even if you send them together, they are separate applications and it's more than likely they will be separated than adjudicated together. 

PS. One ENVELOPE

Separate BUNDLES of FORMS AND EVIDENCE for EACH applicant. Do not bundle one immigrants forms and evidence with another immigrants.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline
6 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Do you need to use ASSETS to meet the difference because your INCOME does not meet the poverty guidelines?

Yes? Then you'll need A statement from your bank as outlined on the I134 website (yes follow that as that's the only place I've found the correct explanation of what kind of statement (singular) from the bank they want (not actual bank statements).

No?

Then you dont need evidence of assets AT ALL because you arent using assets to make up the difference. 

Why?

Because even if you send them together, they are separate applications and it's more than likely they will be separated than adjudicated together. 

PS. One ENVELOPE

Separate BUNDLES of FORMS AND EVIDENCE for EACH applicant. Do not bundle one immigrants forms and evidence with another immigrants.

Thank you so much for your prompt response. 

No, our household is 4 and for this current year, am making between 60k to 65k. I pull about 5k to over per month. 

So technically,  I don't need to include my bank info as you stated. I already did but I will swap the page for a new one. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Model4Life said:

Thank you so much for your prompt response. 

No, our household is 4 and for this current year, am making between 60k to 65k. I pull about 5k to over per month. 

So technically,  I don't need to include my bank info as you stated. Correct?  I already did but I will swap the page for a new one. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

No?

Why?

PS. One ENVELOPE

Please do I have to print 1-864A? 

1 minute ago, Model4Life said:

Please do I have to print 1-864A? 

????

For who?

You have not mentioned that you are using a parent, sibling or child that lives with you as a co-sponsor and household member to combine to your income because your income alone does not meet the poverty guidelines alone.

That's what an I864a is for.

VJ is great for asking questions about what you don't understand in the already provided USCIS instructions. 

I strongly suggest giving each form instructions a thorough read before attempting to start filling any of them out.

21 minutes ago, Model4Life said:

So technically,  I don't need to include my bank info as you stated. I already did but I will swap the page for a new one. 

Need is a soft term.

You shouldn't is better.

Providing useless documents that do not match up with you have input on your I864 is a sure fire way to have an ####### Adjudicator throw your package in the air and scream "what the H does this have to do with anything they are trying to show me?!?" and respond with the famous generic I864 RFE and you'll be back here confused out of your mind.

Fill out the form and submit only the documents that prove the amounts you input on it. 

Nothing more, nothing less.

Don't be extra. 

This isn't keeping up with the Joneses.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Need is a soft term.

You shouldn't is better.

Providing useless documents that do not match up with you have input on your I864 is a sure fire way to have an ####### Adjudicator throw your package in the air and scream "what the H does this have to do with anything they are trying to show me?!?" and respond with the famous generic I864 RFE and you'll be back here confused out of your mind.

Fill out the form and submit only the documents that prove the amounts you input on it. 

Nothing more, nothing less.

Don't be extra. 

This isn't keeping up with the Joneses.

Thank you.

No, am the sole sponsor. Page 5 asking for assets from Form 864A threw me off and that was why I asked the question. 

Timeline

Please not sure if this is a YES or NO answer on I-485.  We are adjusting status with a K1. I picked NO because if what I read on Google as definition and I never read anywhere on visajourney to include Supplement A to form 1-485. 

Mentioning, you must have selected a famiky-based,.... threw me off

Are you applying for adjustment of status based on the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) section 245(i)?

Thank you

Edited by Model4Life

Timeline

Maybe I should just ask you since you are online to answer me. We have 6 children between us. Only 2 are currently with us. My other 2 live with my ex here in the states and his other 2 are in his native country(not migrating anytime soon) 

On the Affidavit of support asking for household size, because we are just 4 living together currently,  we put 4. 

Are we correct because household to me means dwellers of a home. 

Timeline

We have 6 children between us. Only 2 are currently with us. My other 2 live with my ex here in the states and his other 2 are in his native country(not migrating anytime soon). I haven't claimed the two children on taxes for the past 7 years. 

On the Affidavit of support asking for household size, because we are just 4 living together currently,  we put 4. 

Thank you everyone. 

9 minutes ago, Model4Life said:

Maybe I should just ask you since you are online to answer me. We have 6 children between us. Only 2 are currently with us. My other 2 live with my ex here in the states and his other 2 are in his native country(not migrating anytime soon) 

Your interpretation of household is incorrect.

All dependents need to be counted if under the age of majority in their place of residence whether you claim them on your taxes or not AND whether they live with you or not. 

Why? Because you are their parent and if something happened to their other parent or caregiver, you are financially responsible. 

You can see those rules outlined in the I864 instructions in the household section. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.