9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good evening everyone, 

Please I need to clarify something with you real quick. My fiance came in with one of his children and they are both in the process to submit 1-485 applications.  My question is, do we need to fill a packet solely for her.

Secondly, I will be filling the form for her if she has to... does she need to sign Applicant section? I believe I will be filling  the preparer's section. 

Lastly, does she have to use her dad's A number on her packet or we leave it blank? 

Thank you. 

Edited by Model4Life

Yes, 

separate forms for child. Child's parent can sign for minors under 14. Should be less $$ as sending along with parent's AOS.

Leave A blank if one wasn't yet issued. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

15 minutes ago, Model4Life said:

Good evening everyone, 

Please I need to clarify something with you real quick. My fiance came in with one of his children and they are both in the process to submit 1-485 applications.  My question is, do we need to fill a packet solely for her.

Yes. With separate I864 and I765 and I131 is recommended. 

Secondly, I will be filling the form for her if she has to... does she need to sign Applicant section?

No

I believe I will be filling  the preparer's section. 

Sure.

Lastly, does she have to use her dad's A number on her packet or we leave it blank? 

Thank you. 

I input "none" for numerical not applicable questions. 

Timeline
16 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Yes. With separate I864 and I765 and I131 is recommended. 

No

Sure.

I input "none" for numerical not applicable questions. 

I believe that she doesn't need I765, she is just 7 years old. 

Thanks for your feedback 

Edited by Model4Life

Timeline
17 hours ago, milimelo said:

Yes, 

separate forms for child. Child's parent can sign for minors under 14. Should be less $$ as sending along with parent's AOS.

Leave A blank if one wasn't yet issued. 

Yes we are sending both packets together. 

K2 aren't issued A number from the get-go ...correct? 

The way you put "leave A blank if one wasn't yet issued" got me thinking.  

The approval notice has my now husband A number. So I wasn't sure if her forms will have his A number since she is under his petition 

2 hours ago, Model4Life said:

File I-765 for the child, so she may get SSN faster.  If you don't and her I-485 is not approved before the next tax filing season, you won't be able to claim child tax credits.

3 hours ago, Model4Life said:

Thanks for your feedback 

You are not using the I765 to work for her. 

You are using it to apply for her SSN ON IT because her EAD will likely come before her GC SSN you applied for on that.

Timeline

If you are saying I should apply for EAD for her. On the part 1 of the form asking reason for applying, so I have to pick "Initial permission to accept employment " though it is not applicable to her? 

Is this the norm? 

Timeline
On 6/29/2022 at 2:27 PM, Model4Life said:

If you are saying I should apply for EAD for her. On the part 1 of the form asking reason for applying, so I have to pick "Initial permission to accept employment " though it is not applicable to her? 

Also, on top of the forms requesting A number, are we putting my husband's or just leave blank?

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.