PerutoNC

Can I attend my spouse's interview?

21 posts in this topic

On 10/24/2022 at 7:21 PM, PerutoNC said:

We had our interview the first week of August. They wanted a few updated papers so it took a few more months for them to approve the visa. My husband got his visa in the mail 2 weeks ago and his flight will arrive this week to the US! It could take less time for you but I have to say, when we were there they sent everyone away asking for more paperwork. My only advice would be to get everything updated with new dates even if the instructions say not to. Take the originals and the new documents plus upload the new documents to the system. A lot of people had physical copies of new forms but then had to upload them after the interview and you know that means it will take awhile for them to review. Also, call the doctors and confirm they sent in the medical exams the day before you go to the interview. Our hold up was the doctor still hadn't sent those in even though my husband had done his exams weeks before. Once it is approved the mail is fast, that's the good news!

Wow thanks for the advice. Definitely will be over prepared with papers and make sure the doctor sends in the exam. When you say upload all the documents how exactly is that done? From what I have seen they do have some documents already with the I-129F as well but you say to get things with a more recent date? Makes sense though because this process is like 2 years long smh

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

If your process is like mine we uploaded everything to the Department of State's Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC). That is where the embassy asks everyone to upload their information, even if you also turn in a physical copy.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

And i'm guessing you mean an updated i-864 and updated TAX RETURN TRANSCRIPT/w2 (if filing jointly), maybe an updated police statement as well?    Am i missing anything on my list?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
11 hours ago, Troy B said:

And i'm guessing you mean an updated i-864 and updated TAX RETURN TRANSCRIPT/w2 (if filing jointly), maybe an updated police statement as well?    Am i missing anything on my list?

Yes, those were the two forms that they requested from us. 

• 1 year later...

I have my interview in peru embassy next week for cr1 visa. I have read conflicting information here. For the police certificates, are they only valid for three months? Or two years as it says on us government embassy page. I have the physical copy of the new police checks from this month, but when I asked my lawyer, said it wasn't necessary to upload new police certificates as the old ones are from august 2023 when was sent to NVC and less than two years old. 

Zombie thread locked; OP hasn’t logged in over a year either. Please do not resurrect old threads; start a new thread instead and refrain from posting same question in multiple places. 

VJ Moderation 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.