Trent & Alexa

How long does it take for USCIS to approve I-751 RFE

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Hi!

Those of you who got an RFE on your I-751, when did you hear back from USCIS after sending in your extra evidence? It looks like it can be anywhere from 60 to 90 days but read some stories where people had their green cards approved only after a couple weeks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Trent & Alexa said:

Hi!

Those of you who got an RFE on your I-751, when did you hear back from USCIS after sending in your extra evidence? It looks like it can be anywhere from 60 to 90 days but read some stories where people had their green cards approved only after a couple weeks.

What month did you file and what's your service center?

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Trent & Alexa said:

Filed in July 2021, received the RFE in April 2022 and replied In June. Service center is California. 

Here. On the first post, you can find a spreadsheet with filers from SRC

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Timeline

And here’s a thread for SRC

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

4 hours ago, Trent & Alexa said:

Hi!

Each case is diferent, my cousin sent his application on april 8 , 2020 and got a RFE on january 2022, he sent evidences on february 28, 2022 . Uscis updated his case as evidence received march 10, 2022 , after that he hasn’t hear anything from them.

more that 90 days from when he sent evidence and 2 years and 2 months from the time he sent his i-751. Still waiting

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

Timeline
54 minutes ago, mytruelove18 said:

Each case is diferent, my cousin sent his application on april 8 , 2020 and got a RFE on january 2022, he sent evidences on february 28, 2022 . Uscis updated his case as evidence received march 10, 2022 , after that he hasn’t hear anything from them.

more that 90 days from when he sent evidence and 2 years and 2 months from the time he sent his i-751. Still waiting

Thanks for your reply! He’s been waiting for so long 😨 

Timeline

What was the RFE for?

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Timeline

Not enough proof of commingled finances. We were both living at my father in law in order to save money to buy a house, so no lease to show for. Sent the ROC in July 2021 but bought a house right after in September 2021. And maybe so much time had passed (9 months) so they also wanted to verify we were still together?  Hopefully the house will help to show shared assets.

• 6 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We got an RFE in Jan 2022.  We received confirmation of their receipt of the evidence in March 2022.  We have not heard anything back.  I submitted in inquiry in October as to our case being outside of the processing times and what was taking so long, but I may have submitted it for the wrong form.  We received a response today, Dec 30, saying the conditions have been lifted but I think they are referring to the fiance-spouse change.  There has been no further information or mention of his permanent green card.  He had to go to the DDS this week to extend his license to July 2023.  Technically, as a British citizen, he is eligible to apply for citizenship but cannot do so until he receives the permanent green card.  He says advice online is to get a lawyer but I think once all the forms are submitted it is a bit late.  Plus I believe we're almost there.  My plan is to be the squeaky wheel and submit requests as to why we are so far past the processing time once a week until we are processed.  It is extremely frustrating to see people who applied long after us are done already.  I'm not even sure why the asked for RFE as we mostly re-submitted what we had already turned in.  I suspect they may have lost our original paperwork, although they could have been hung up on me having my old address on my license since we still lived there when I changed my last name but didn't change it again when we bought a house. Other than the license, none of the evidence was any different. 

Edited by calliope8

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
44 minutes ago, calliope8 said:

We got an RFE in Jan 2022.  We received confirmation of their receipt of the evidence in March 2022.  We have not heard anything back.  I submitted in inquiry in October as to our case being outside of the processing times and what was taking so long, but I may have submitted it for the wrong form.  We received a response today, Dec 30, saying the conditions have been lifted but I think they are referring to the fiance-spouse change.  There has been no further information or mention of his permanent green card.  He had to go to the DDS this week to extend his license to July 2023.  Technically, as a British citizen, he is eligible to apply for citizenship but cannot do so until he receives the permanent green card.  He says advice online is to get a lawyer but I think once all the forms are submitted it is a bit late.  Plus I believe we're almost there.  My plan is to be the squeaky wheel and submit requests as to why we are so far past the processing time once a week until we are processed.  It is extremely frustrating to see people who applied long after us are done already.  I'm not even sure why the asked for RFE as we mostly re-submitted what we had already turned in.  I suspect they may have lost our original paperwork, although they could have been hung up on me having my old address on my license since we still lived there when I changed my last name but didn't change it again when we bought a house. Other than the license, none of the evidence was any different. 

Not sure if I am misunderstanding this sentence, but he can apply for N-400 while the ROC is pending as long as he meets the other requirements. You do not have to get the 10 year green card first. 

Also you are right that a lawyer will not be able to help with anything at this point in your case. Waiting 18+ months for approval has become normal. 

It's strange that the response to your inquiry said that "conditions have been lifted". What does the online USCIS case status say?

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

1 hour ago, calliope8 said:

We received a response today, Dec 30, saying the conditions have been lifted but I think they are referring to the fiance-spouse change.  There has been no further information or mention of his permanent green card.

What does online status for I-751 case say online?

1 hour ago, calliope8 said:

Technically, as a British citizen, he is eligible to apply for citizenship but cannot do so until he receives the permanent green card.  

He could be Italian, Ukrainian or Mexican citizen, it doesn't matter. Only matters if he is LPR and whether he satisfied all criteria for applying under 3 or 5 year rule. He can do it any time whenever he's eligible, regardless of I-751 status. Of course, N-400 will only be approved after I-751 approval.

Edited by OldUser

Timeline
On 12/30/2022 at 12:45 PM, beloved_dingo said:

Not sure if I am misunderstanding this sentence, but he can apply for N-400 while the ROC is pending as long as he meets the other requirements. You do not have to get the 10 year green card first. 

Also you are right that a lawyer will not be able to help with anything at this point in your case. Waiting 18+ months for approval has become normal. 

It's strange that the response to your inquiry said that "conditions have been lifted". What does the online USCIS case status say?

I misunderstood the letter - it mentioned the petition to lift conditions but then said they had just re-classified our case from a CR6 to a CR1, which they had told us back in the spring already.  Don't read potentially important letters when tired.  I'm not sure how it got misclassified in the first place but that may have prompted the initial RFE since hubs came in on a fiance visa.  That may have been him second-guessing the process as he kept saying 'But I'm your spouse now' and I would tell him I know that and they know that but everything is based off of what you entered the country as. 

Timeline
On 12/30/2022 at 1:24 PM, OldUser said:

What does online status for I-751 case say online?

He could be Italian, Ukrainian or Mexican citizen, it doesn't matter. Only matters if he is LPR and whether he satisfied all criteria for applying under 3 or 5 year rule. He can do it any time whenever he's eligible, regardless of I-751 status. Of course, N-400 will only be approved after I-751 approval.

The case status still says 'not assigned to an agent' BUT they have transferred our case to a different office, which I just saw the notice for today!  Hopefully it will be an office that can process it quicker. It doesn't say which office but we are supposedly getting a notice in the mail with those details and some instructions?!

Something the interviewer said led indicated to us that being British meant a shorter time to citizenship eligibility.  But maybe it was just the visa he came on and our case being eligible.  From what he said I just assumed it applied to 'friendly' countries with whom the US has ally and trade agreements and such. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, calliope8 said:

I misunderstood the letter - it mentioned the petition to lift conditions but then said they had just re-classified our case from a CR6 to a CR1, which they had told us back in the spring already.  Don't read potentially important letters when tired.  I'm not sure how it got misclassified in the first place but that may have prompted the initial RFE since hubs came in on a fiance visa.  That may have been him second-guessing the process as he kept saying 'But I'm your spouse now' and I would tell him I know that and they know that but everything is based off of what you entered the country as. 

To clarify the response letter we received was for an inquiry I submitted in October for form i485 (I was thinking go back to the beginning of it I guess) however it references form i751 and not i485.  The letter was dated Dec 23 but the online update says my inquiry was assigned to an agent on Dec 28 - maybe the mailing date?  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.