SMK 89

N400 JUNE 2022 FILERS

160 posts in this topic

My I-751 is updated today to “New Card is Being Produced”. Last month I got a RFE and my case was never updated to any status other than “ready to schedule”. Here is my timeline:

October 21, 2022 New Card Is Being Produced

October 17, 2022 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, were taken.

April 20, 2022 We are ready to schedule your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, for an interview.

April 6, 2022 Your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, was transferred to your local USCIS office to have an interview scheduled.

April 6, 2022 We transferred your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, to another USCIS office that now has jurisdiction over your case.

July 7, 2021 We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

I had my Oath Ceremony today in Cleveland. No guest allowed. It was pretty fast, the whole thing took like 5 minutes.  Im so happy and Glad that my Journey is finally over. 🥳🙏

Got news today that my N-400 interview got scheduled! I'm equal parts stressed and excited to be so close to done with my immigration journey. I'm still wondering though if I can bring my spouse with me to the field office. The notice doesn't say it's required (or even specifically allowed for that matter).

Timeline for N-400 (3-year permanent resident and married to USC):

06/22/2022 - Case filed online and biometrics reused

10/28/2022 - Interview was scheduled

12/14/2022 - Interview date (Las Vegas, NV field office)

Timeline for I-751:

07/13/2021 - Case filed

04/07/2022 - Case Was Approved (California Service Center)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
53 minutes ago, SweetPotato said:

Got news today that my N-400 interview got scheduled! I'm equal parts stressed and excited to be so close to done with my immigration journey. I'm still wondering though if I can bring my spouse with me to the field office. The notice doesn't say it's required (or even specifically allowed for that matter).

Timeline for I-751:

07/13/2021 - Case filed

Given your I751 is already approved, its generally not necessary to bring in your spouse for just N400. If you had a combo interview it would be, but from everything folks have mentioned, it doesnt look like they will allow your spouse for a N400 only interview. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Submitted on 6/18/22, reused biometrics. We filed online and assumed it would be processed in Dallas. We got the notification that my wife is scheduled for her interview on 11/18 at the Irving, TX office!

Hoping for a smooth process. 

We have a flight to visit my family on December 7. What happens if the oath is after that? Is there any way to reschedule?

8/16/18 -- Married

10/23/18 -- I-130 filed (DCF in Beijing)

12/03/18 -- I-130 approved

12/23/18 -- Packet 3 Sent to GZ

12/28/18 -- Packet 4 received

02/14/19 -- Interview in GZ -- approved!

Total: 113 days from filing to approval

07/15/19 -- Entered US

08/13/19 -- Applied for Social Security Card

08/16/19 -- Green Card received

08/22/19 -- Social Security Card received

6/22/21 – I-751 (Removal of Conditions) mailed out via USPS

6/29/21 - I-751 NOA

9/17/21 - I-751 Biometrics

6/8/22 - I-751 approved (interview waived under new 2022 rule)

6/15/22 - 10-year GC received in mail!

Total: 358 days from filing to receiving 10-year GC

6/18/22 - N-400 filed online

11/18/22 - Interview scheduled for Dallas Field Office

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
16 hours ago, SweetPotato said:

Timeline for I-751:

07/13/2021 - Case filed

My interview is a day before yours. All the best

Logged into my USCIS account yesterday to check if there was any movement on my N-400 or I-751 since a fellow applicant got email/text notification yesterday and we both filed to Nashville the same day a few months back. Turns out, I was also scheduled for my interview yesterday!! It is December 13th. Nothing has changed on my I-751 case though, just that last month it randomly said that my previous finger prints would be used. The interview notice references my N-400 not my I-751 so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to bring my spouse or not?? Any insight here? My I-751 doesn't show approved or anything. 

Also - friendly reminder for those waiting for an interview notice - login like weekly - I still have not received a text or email saying my interview was scheduled and up to this point I have received a text and email for every other update!!!

How long after is the Oath ceremony?? 

Any advice on the above would be appreciated! I guess I could always email them via the My USCIS portal when i login and ask the question? 

Also -- what did people waiting for an n-400 interview without an i-751 approved yet bring to the interview evidence wise other than the originals of marriage certificates, children together birth certificates, spouse birth certificate, divorce decrees if applicable? Do we need pictures/social media print outs/print out of shared banking stuff/mortgage or lease stuff? 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 10/2/2022 at 9:38 AM, MK9353 said:

No movement for me either. 
Field office- Sacramento CA

What is your timeline? I'm also Sac field office. 

Timeline
Just now, MK9353 said:

Filed N-400 on 06/28/2022 and Biometrics appointment done on 07/19/2022. Case is being actively reviewed since then. What’s your timeline?

Filed 11/10 biometrics waived 11/10. Sorry that probably doesn't really help you. I was just trying to get a feel of how long I may have to wait. I'm guessing it's over 6-8 months since you haven't been scheduled yet.

23 hours ago, Saman1103 said:

Filed 11/10 biometrics waived 11/10. Sorry that probably doesn't really help you. I was just trying to get a feel of how long I may have to wait. I'm guessing it's over 6-8 months since you haven't been scheduled yet.

Yes, and my online account says it would 6 more months. I am not much relying on that timeline because Sacramento field office is heavily backlogged. I will be happy if I hear something in first quarter of 2023.

Timeline
59 minutes ago, MK9353 said:

Yes, and my online account says it would 6 more months. I am not much relying on that timeline because Sacramento field office is heavily backlogged. I will be happy if I hear something in first quarter of 2023.

I saw someone's account last week from Sacramento and it was about 8 months. So hopefully you'll hear soon

• 1 month later...

Had my N-400 interview last Tuesday -- agent got to the question where they asked if my removal of conditions was approved, I said "no???". He looked shocked and said "what?!" He then opened the big folder in front of him and said "oh i guess i have to do that too then. For that reason i cannot approve your n-400 today and just give you a receipt that you passed the interview but pending/undetermined at this time." 

He asked if i have anything else to give him for the i-751 (removal of conditions) and i said i brought our recent health insurance re-elections for 2023 showing and our daughter (born after we were married in the u.s.) is covered under my husband and some more recent mortgage/lease statements showing we are both still listed at same address/responsible for the payments monthly. This is in addition to a stackkkkkkkk of evidence submitted a year and a half ago when i originally submitted my i-751.

He sort of said something along the lines of, " Ii don't forsee there being an issue with your approval especially with this healthcare insurance stuff, mortgage/lease stuff, and a child together -- but i'll have to look through it -- hopefully I'll get to it sometime next week."

Well "next week" has now passed and not a single change in status -- i-751 still only shows finger prints reused from October, and the n-400 still just shows as interview was scheduled. 

HAS ANYONE HAD EXPERIENCE WITH A PENDING I-751, GOING TO THE N-400 INTERVIEW, PASSING AND THEN THE OFFICER/AGENT SAYING THEY NEED TO REVIEW THE I-751 FILE BEFORE THEY CAN APPROVE THAT THEN APPROVE CITIZENSHIP IF THEY THINK YOU SHOULD BE APPROVED? HOW LONG DID YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR A CHANGE/UPDATE ONLINE? HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT BEFORE I SHOULD BE WORRIED/TRYING TO FOLLOW-UP? HAS ANYONE HAD TO FOLLOW-UP TO SEE WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THEIR CASE IN A SITUATION LIKE THIS? IS IT VIA AN INFO PASS, OR DO WE USE OUR INBOX THING IN THE ONLINE PORTAL TO FOLLOW-UP?? IS THERE A DURATION OF TIME BEFORE MY N-400 INTERVIEW STATUS LIKE EXPIRES AND I HAVE TO RE-DO IT???

I knew i should of asked more questions when I was there but i was nervous to seem pushy ... but he just put my file on the back of his desk and my heart sank thinking that with the holidays around the corner my case is going to just get forgotten on the back of that desk. I was hopeful this morning and thinking maybe today i'll see updates, but no updates so now i feel like my hope of it happening for xmas is non-existent especially with this winter storm.

Any stories/guidance/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I can't wait for this process to come to a close -- it's been emotionally draining for the last almost 3 years.... AS YOU ALL KNOW VERY WELL!!! 

Timeline
On 11/16/2022 at 12:19 PM, MK9353 said:

Did you ever get scheduled?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.