TUC

Putting My I129F in the mail tomorrow…wish me luck

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 minutes ago, TUC said:

She is from Mexico. Honestly I’m not sure if it is high fraud..I don’t know. I am really not concerned about being denied i just don’t want any RFE’s to further extend our wait time.

I was scared of getting an RFE too, any delay in the process, especially because of a mistake I personally made or something I omitted is my biggest fear. Today is day 317 waiting for NOA2.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, brainilio said:

We submitted almost 200 pages, and got approved on Friday. Better to be safe than sorry.

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer about how many pages is too many, but I think of it from the standpoint of the USCIS worker who has to dig through one packet that has 30 pages and another that has hundreds of pages. As long as they can find the information from you they are looking for then that's all that matters. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

forget the things like facebook profiles (unless later u need to show that for meeting on facebook)

forget the chats

boarding passes are good

bank statements and itinerary not needed

this is overkill

someone will file a lot of this  under g

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I sent mine yesterday and it was 71 pages, but that included a 31 page lease as part of our evidence

1. Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions for $535. [1 page]
  2. Form G-1145, Request for e-Notification [1 page]
  3. I-129F [13 pages] and additional information [3 pages]
  4. Evidence of US Citizenship - US Passport (Petitioner) [8 pages]
  5. Passport style photo (Petitioner)
  6. Passport style photo (Beneficiary)
  7. Evidence of Legal Name Change (Beneficiary) [1 page]
  8. Beneficiary’s most recent Form I-94 & travel history [2 pages]
  9. Letters certifying intent to marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary) [2 pages]
  10. Proof of having met in person in the past two years [6 pages + 31-page lease, though we were probably on the light side with 5 items. In a standard scenario I could see this being like 20 pages.]
  11. Supplementary Photos of Ongoing Relationship [2 pages for 10 pictures. This isn't technically necessary but part of our evidence of meeting was literally me holding a newspaper and I didn't want it to look like a hostage situation lol].

5 hours ago, MarJhi said:

Yup, but I remember maybe a month ago someone on here sent in theirs with 400 pages, so by comparison this one is dreamy.😁

And people complain that the adjudication of 1-129f is taking > 14 months on average…….   Smh.

5 hours ago, TUC said:

She is from Mexico. Honestly I’m not sure if it is high fraud..I don’t know. I am really not concerned about being denied i just don’t want any RFE’s to further extend our wait time.

Sending extra stuff that is neither required nor requested will not about an RFE or additional processing time.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

And people complain that the adjudication of 1-129f is taking > 14 months on average…….   Smh.

Yeah, that is the thing you said that I wasn't going to mention. An application that is 4 or 5 times bigger than a typical one could take 4 or 5 times longer to go through, eating up time that could spent on others.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Yea I definitely considered that. I ended up shortening it by about 30 pages before mailing it out. The good thing is it was all very organized, and easy to read. Despite the fact that it may be twice the size of some people’s I doubt it will take twice the time to review. Some evidence just took up more pages like criminal record (14 pages), passport (16 pages), and flipping through 16 pages of photos can’t be too strenuous. 

At the end of the day I was trying to be thorough and include everything they would need. Because yea I could have tried to make it 30 pages but if they then have to RFE that makes more paperwork and more time for me and USCIS. It’s a lot easier for USCIS to disregard a few pages they don’t need than it is for them to request more information and put my file on hold.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
10 hours ago, TUC said:

Yea I definitely considered that. I ended up shortening it by about 30 pages before mailing it out. The good thing is it was all very organized, and easy to read. Despite the fact that it may be twice the size of some people’s I doubt it will take twice the time to review. Some evidence just took up more pages like criminal record (14 pages), passport (16 pages), and flipping through 16 pages of photos can’t be too strenuous. 

At the end of the day I was trying to be thorough and include everything they would need. Because yea I could have tried to make it 30 pages but if they then have to RFE that makes more paperwork and more time for me and USCIS. It’s a lot easier for USCIS to disregard a few pages they don’t need than it is for them to request more information and put my file on hold.

Sounds like you are very well prepared for this, good work on sending out a package you’re proud of. To chime back in, nothing you had in there originally was negative; in fact, it seems like you have everything you need for an easy approval. I just advise shorter packets because it’s still unclear how USCIS ‘pulls’ packets when they get to your date, and it could very well be true shorter files are prioritized over one long one. And as said above, something’s causing the 14 month wait and an officer scanning 400 pages of materials certainly would contribute to it, lol

In any case, the Embassy will ultimately see your entire submission, so it’s good to bear in mind what will best and most succinctly communicate to the officer your relationship. And of course, if there’s any area where you believe an RFE could pop up, absolutely important to include extra evidence for it. I’m personally still convinced they care about social media TOS, so I included one from mine even though it was 15-20 pages.

Best of luck to you, and welcome to our community!

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
10 hours ago, slavaskii said:

Sounds like you are very well prepared for this, good work on sending out a package you’re proud of. To chime back in, nothing you had in there originally was negative; in fact, it seems like you have everything you need for an easy approval. I just advise shorter packets because it’s still unclear how USCIS ‘pulls’ packets when they get to your date, and it could very well be true shorter files are prioritized over one long one. And as said above, something’s causing the 14 month wait and an officer scanning 400 pages of materials certainly would contribute to it, lol

In any case, the Embassy will ultimately see your entire submission, so it’s good to bear in mind what will best and most succinctly communicate to the officer your relationship. And of course, if there’s any area where you believe an RFE could pop up, absolutely important to include extra evidence for it. I’m personally still convinced they care about social media TOS, so I included one from mine even though it was 15-20 pages.

Best of luck to you, and welcome to our community!

Thank you! And yea that’s a good point about the smaller ones being processed first. But if I had to guess they select them totally at random with respect to the date they were mailed in. Although it wouldn’t be a bad experiment to keep record of all those who submitted longer than normal petitions and compare their processing times to processing time of “normal sized” petitions. I think honestly though it just comes down to the complexity of each individuals case. I think things like criminal records, complicated divorces, and things like that take more effort and time to process than someone who had a clean record, no kids, no divorces, and no other reason to submit extra info.

Anyway hopefully they are actually doing something to stay on track for the new “processing time goals” they made for the end of 2023. These waiting times are stressful. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.