JRoo

DCF through US Embassy in London

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, 

I am new to this site and researching the possibility of filing DCF. I am a US citizen based in London and planning to move to the US with my spouse who is a UK citizen. 

Does anyone know if the embassy in London still accepts DCF? I am planning to submit DCF for a CR1 visa, on the basis of having a job offer in the US which requires me to relocate short notice. 

Thank you!

Each case is at the discretion of the consulate. Best you can do is contact them and ask if they will accept your case.

From the Dept of State:

Filing Form I-130 Petitions in Exceptional Situations

Petitioners may also request to file at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate in certain limited circumstances, as described in USCIS Policy Manual, Volume 6, Part B, Chapter 3, and only if filing for immediate relatives (spouse, unmarried child under the age of 21, or parent if the petitioner is 21 years of age or older).

Petitioners who believe that their situation merits an exception to routine filing directly with USCIS may contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate to request acceptance for filing overseas. Each request for an exception will be evaluated individually.

If your request to file an I-130 petition with a U.S. Embassy or Consulate is denied, then you must file the petition online or by mail to the USCIS Dallas Lockbox.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/filing-petitions-outside-the-us.html

10 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

Each case is at the discretion of the consulate. Best you can do is contact them and ask if they will accept your case.

From the Dept of State:

Filing Form I-130 Petitions in Exceptional Situations

Petitioners may also request to file at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate in certain limited circumstances, as described in USCIS Policy Manual, Volume 6, Part B, Chapter 3, and only if filing for immediate relatives (spouse, unmarried child under the age of 21, or parent if the petitioner is 21 years of age or older).

Petitioners who believe that their situation merits an exception to routine filing directly with USCIS may contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate to request acceptance for filing overseas. Each request for an exception will be evaluated individually.

If your request to file an I-130 petition with a U.S. Embassy or Consulate is denied, then you must file the petition online or by mail to the USCIS Dallas Lockbox.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/filing-petitions-outside-the-us.html

Thanks a lot! I just found this on the site so it looks like they have a form for contacting them about this:

If you are a U.S. citizen, the Department of State may accept a petition from you if you are filing for your immediate relative (spouse, unmarried child under the age of 21, or parent (if you are 21 years of age or older)) at a U.S. embassy or consulate in certain limited circumstances, as described in the USCIS Policy Manual, Volume 6, Part B, Chapter 3.

They list relocation for a job as one example - 

• Short notice of position relocation – A U.S. citizen petitioner, living and working abroad, has received a job offer in or reassignment to the United States with little notice for the required start date.

So I will try my luck and see if they will accept it. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
40 minutes ago, JRoo said:

Thanks a lot! I just found this on the site so it looks like they have a form for contacting them about this:

If you are a U.S. citizen, the Department of State may accept a petition from you if you are filing for your immediate relative (spouse, unmarried child under the age of 21, or parent (if you are 21 years of age or older)) at a U.S. embassy or consulate in certain limited circumstances, as described in the USCIS Policy Manual, Volume 6, Part B, Chapter 3.

They list relocation for a job as one example - 

• Short notice of position relocation – A U.S. citizen petitioner, living and working abroad, has received a job offer in or reassignment to the United States with little notice for the required start date.

So I will try my luck and see if they will accept it. 

Yes, DCF is still possible under exceptional circumstances and job relocation is one of those possible circumstances.  Hopefully the consulate will accept your request.  Let us know how it works out.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.