Omar López

I need advice. About to start the process but not enough evidence.

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello! How are you?

I'm male 28 years old, I'm in the United States (B1/b2 visa) since 3 months ago and I'm getting married to my girlfriend in one month, she is 23 years old US Citizen. I have to go back to Mexico after the honeymoon and we will do consular processing. 

I'm stressed to be honest. We want to start the process after getting married but we won't have enough proof for bona-fide marriage. 

We only have a couple of PICTURES, proposal (ring purchase ticket) with her best friends on it, watching movies, going out to watch a hockey game.

Some of my siblings will be at the wedding, and her siblings, parents and friends will be there too, so we will have the opportunity to take pictures at the wedding with our relatives, and also we will have pictures of our honeymoon.

I have shared a lot of good moments with her and her family. However she doesn't like pictures, I completely understand, I love her, I don't like pictures either. But we don't have enough proof that we shared nice time with family.

We also have proof of a lot of texting and calling since one year ago.

I have passport stamps when she visited me in Mexico, but we only have one picture. 

We don't have join bank account, or utilities bills because I'm temporarily in the USA I have to go back to Mexico.

I've researched about the USCIS requirements and we don't have all of that. I'm terrified. I love her so much but I never thought this process was so demanding.

I know what helps most to demonstrate bona-fide marriage is like shared finances or property, but since I don't work in the US and I'm just temporary visitor in the US I just think this requirement is hard to have it. 

So in summary we will only have pictures, continue communication proof, passport stamps, some purchase receipts and marriage certificate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, Omar López said:

We don't have join bank account, or utilities bills because I'm temporarily in the USA I have to go back to Mexico.

Joint finances are not expected if you live in different countries.  Focus on evidence of your time spent together in person, like passport stamps, boarding passes, photos together.  No need for too many photos.  Submit maybe around 20, from across the months/years of your relationship.

At the time of petition filing, my spouse and I also had barely any joint financial documents because his banks/insurance refused to add me to his accounts if I don't have SSN.  But we had several trips/vacations together, which added up to several months together in person, before and after we got married.  Our I-130 petition was approved without any RFE.  We submitted just 12 pages of bona fide relationship evidence consisting of --

• passport stamps, beneficiary's I-94 US travel history
  • photos from our wedding and vacations, including touristy selfies and photos with family/friends
  • petitioner's phone bill listing both of our names in the family plan
  • petitioner's employee profile listing beneficiary as emergency contact

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You'll have evidence of being together in person in the USA for at least 4 months.  That's the most important kind of evidence you can have.  If you've spent other time together in Mexico, you'll have passport stamps in HER passport as evidence of that.  Include a few photos together at different times and places, and call it good.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.