Sarah18

DV 2023 Winners forum

39 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline
On 5/7/2022 at 2:05 PM, LetsGoBo said:

I was selected on my first attempt!!!!

I'm a bit worried though because my case number seems to be high and I heard that makes it very unlikely to get an interview. My case number is: 2023EU342XX

It has been my dream to move to the US for as long as I can remember. I really hope this works out!!

Your number is high... but it may not be too high to get an invitation to interview.  No matter what anyone tells you now to reassure you or tell you it's hopeless, nobody knows yet what constitutes a "too high" number for each region.  That will only become gradually knowable as KCC begins to work through 2023 applications in August, Spetember and October of this year - and by watching the Visa Bulletin after those months are processed - to see how many applications are made available for processing each month.  Only then could you start to extrapolate whether your number will be called before they run out of visas (or time) for the year of 2023.

event.png

6 hours ago, atefe said:

Hi 

Thank you for your time

Fortunately my mother has been accepted with my brother as under 21. I have two questions? 

1- When we filled her application, my brother had just 3 days to 21. is this ok? 

2-  My mother does not have high school qualification but she is entrepreneur in carpet industry, is this ok? 

As I read in onetonline, some jobs which are in zone 4 does need bachelor degree and it is also written some do not !!! what does this mean? how important is that? 

1. Do you mean your brother turned 21 3 days after she filled in the form? If so, then unfortunately he has aged out and cannot accompany her.

2. “How important”? - very important, because if she doesn’t have a high school diploma she needs to demonstrate that she meets the required work experience to qualify for the visa. She would need to find a comparable job to what she does listed in the relevant section of o*net and demonstrate clearly how the work she does matches the requirements for that role. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline
5 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

it is contradictory to say both that everyone is current and that high numbers will “never” be called. Britsimon is a valid and trusted source of information about DV and is the only non-official source i would use.

I actually paraphrased that point of view directly from BritSimon's response to a comment I made on his site a few days ago in which he said, regarding possibilities for 2023 cut-off reporting, "On the other hand, if they mismanage the processing, the demand is underreported to the visa office, so the VB is moved (incorrectly) to current. In that scenario, people who are current miss out.  That scenario is playing out right now in DV2022. Regions are current, but many cases will be left without interviews." -- BritSimon

Edited by TBoneTX
edit out reference to deleted material

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A post has been deleted at the author's request, along with several others quoting it.

A post has been edited to remove a reference to the deleted material.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

7 hours ago, atefe said:

Thank you.

I mean the registration closed on 9 Nov 2021 but my brother's birthday is on 13 Nov and in 13 Nov 2021 he turns to 21,  Is this ok? 

No. He needs to be under 21 when a visa becomes available. The first visas are available in October 2022.  As I said before, this means he has aged out and cannot get a derivative visa.

(He gets approximately 7 months grace on age due to a protection aspect in US law, but this won’t help him as he will be well beyond 21 years 7 months at the earliest stage that a visa can become available to him.)

Thank you very much for your answer but what about this: https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/child-status-protection-act-cspa

here it is written they are included in CSPA!! Also, it is written in dv 2023 documentation that : "if you submit your DV entry before your unmarried child turns 21, and the child turns 21 before visa issuance, it is possible that he or she may be treated as though he or she were under 21 for visa processing purposes.: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Diversity-Visa/DV-Instructions-Translations/DV-2023-Instructions-Translations/DV-2023-Instructions-English.pdf

so again I ask you according to your experience, are you sure that we should not continue his application as my mother's derivative???!!!  

7 hours ago, atefe said:

Thank you very much for your answer but what about this: https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/child-status-protection-act-cspa

here it is written they are included in CSPA!! Also, it is written in dv 2023 documentation that : "if you submit your DV entry before your unmarried child turns 21, and the child turns 21 before visa issuance, it is possible that he or she may be treated as though he or she were under 21 for visa processing purposes.: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Diversity-Visa/DV-Instructions-Translations/DV-2023-Instructions-Translations/DV-2023-Instructions-English.pdf

so again I ask you according to your experience, are you sure that we should not continue his application as my mother's derivative???!!!  

May” and “possible” do not mean “will”.  Did you read the first link you posted above to see how it applies to diversity visas?

As I said before, maybe it wasn’t clear enough in my previous answer, taking the protection afforded by CSPA into account, , he needs to be under 21 years and 7 months old in the month that a visa becomes available. (He is already 21 years 6 months and it still over 4 months till the first DV23 visas are available so this is an impossible condition for him to meet.) If your mother wants to pay the fees etc for a consular official to tell her the same thing at the interview, that’s her decision. Remember the fees are not refundable if a visa is refused.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Hi

I have few questions to ask.

1) My wife is a DV2023 winner. Her case number is EU2023xx27450. Her passport expires August 2022. When she applied for DV2023, her passport was valid
but now for the DS-260, is it better to get a new passport (in my country is possible to get a new passport 3 months
the expiration) or to fill the DS-260 with the old passport.

2) Me, as a derivative, had been previously in USA as a student with J-1 Visa. I worked and stayed there for 4 months.I also had a SSN (i think temporary)
Now, for the purpose of DS-260, should I list the adress/work experience in USA as my previously adresses/work experience or not? Should I fill that previously
I had a SSN?

3) Is our case number likely to be called for an interview?

1 hour ago, Mascotte16 said:

Hi

I have few questions to ask.

1) My wife is a DV2023 winner. Her case number is EU2023xx27450. Her passport expires August 2022. When she applied for DV2023, her passport was valid
but now for the DS-260, is it better to get a new passport (in my country is possible to get a new passport 3 months
the expiration) or to fill the DS-260 with the old passport.

2) Me, as a derivative, had been previously in USA as a student with J-1 Visa. I worked and stayed there for 4 months.I also had a SSN (i think temporary)
Now, for the purpose of DS-260, should I list the adress/work experience in USA as my previously adresses/work experience or not? Should I fill that previously
I had a SSN?

3) Is our case number likely to be called for an interview?

1. Obviously she will need a new passport for the DV visa. It makes no difference whether you submit a DS260 with old or new passport details. If possible bring both passports to the interview, if you are from a country where you have to hand the old one back I suggest making a copy, notarized if possible, of the existing one to show it was a valid passport at the time of entry.

2. Answer all questions that are asked truthfully. If you had a ssn, of course say so.

Hello.i ve been in US many time in work visa.I just found out that i m the winner of dv2022.Last year i camed in US on tourist visa and I worked for 3 months ilegal and i ve paid taxes and i ve filed for taxes.Now if i m doung the DV2023 process can they found out that I worked ilegal and they will denied me?Thank you

6 hours ago, Maria ieremie said:

Hello.i ve been in US many time in work visa.I just found out that i m the winner of dv2022.Last year i camed in US on tourist visa and I worked for 3 months ilegal and i ve paid taxes and i ve filed for taxes.Now if i m doung the DV2023 process can they found out that I worked ilegal and they will denied me?Thank you

Asking the question in different forums doesn’t change the answer. You worked illegally, which means you went out of status, which means you are permanently ineligible to adjust status on DV (or any basis other than an immediate relative family petition). 

1 hour ago, Dannywalk said:

Please I am a 2023 winner, AF49K, in which month do you assume that I will be called for interview, I have submitted both ds260 n documents

Too early to say.  Looking at 2022 data 49k is towards the end so hazard to guess middle of next year (guess):

https://dvcharts.xarthisius.xyz/ceacFY22.html#

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.